Bad inventory data!

Need help installing the mod?
nicodl
Imp
4 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hi! can not play with my lvl 124 barb anymore. Last thing i did was defeat "Kabraxis, Thief of Hope" and grab the charm he droped. After killing him, i ported to town and tryed to grab some perfect gem from my stash (cntrl+click from stash to inventory) the gems disapearded and didnt went to my inventroy, stash or cube. After that i was like "ok, its just some gems" tryed to keep playing, and when i tryed to pick up items from the floor, they didnt went to my inventory but they disapear from the floor. I tryed to restart game but now i can not enter with that character.
There is something i can do? i remember fixing this kind of problems in Titan Quest with a character editor, deleting the "corrupted" item, and try to launch the game again.
Since im in Single Player, there are character editors that works with median?
Thank you for your help!
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Pretty much every SP player is being affected by this bug. This thread has been kind of a general discussion on the issue. The community has been trying to at least diagnose the source of the problem, but there's been no word yet from the dev team about what's causing it or when it may get fixed.

In the meantime, don't delete your character, just in case it can be uncorrupted. You can also check out the autosave/snapshot tool, made by Esbee (this thread). It won't fix the problem, but it may make playing a little less frustrating until a fix is released.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
nicodl wrote:Hi! can not play with my lvl 124 barb anymore. Last thing i did was defeat "Kabraxis, Thief of Hope" and grab the charm he droped. After killing him, i ported to town and tryed to grab some perfect gem from my stash (cntrl+click from stash to inventory) the gems disapearded and didnt went to my inventroy, stash or cube. After that i was like "ok, its just some gems" tryed to keep playing, and when i tryed to pick up items from the floor, they didnt went to my inventory but they disapear from the floor. I tryed to restart game but now i can not enter with that character.
There is something i can do? i remember fixing this kind of problems in Titan Quest with a character editor, deleting the "corrupted" item, and try to launch the game again.
Since im in Single Player, there are character editors that works with median?
Thank you for your help!

What you can do by now is start creating backups of your save, then if this happen you just copy paste your backup.
nicodl
Imp
4 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Thanks for the answer. Was about to play online but not servers nearby latam. I hope i can recover that character somehow later, i do not feel like grinding that all again with a new character, at least for now. But good to know that the backup tool exist!

If only i could delete the character inventroy... I know its something in there that is causing the problem.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
nicodl wrote:Thanks for the answer. Was about to play online but not servers nearby latam. I hope i can recover that character somehow later, i do not feel like grinding that all again with a new character, at least for now. But good to know that the backup tool exist!

If only i could delete the character inventroy... I know its something in there that is causing the problem.

I am talking about a manual backup, dont know if a backup tool exist, just copy the save folder to somewhere else.
You can delete the character stash, theres a stash file inside of the save folder.
anemnesis
Imp
5 | 0
i think i know where issue is - its have something to do with removal of indetification system , maybe game somehow asks those scrits for unidefied items and sees that system doesent work and ultimatly corrupts items that shoud be unidefied by default