Need help installing the mod?
Newbking
Sand Maggot
1127 | 5
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Not really sure whats going on. Lag in game is really bad despite all other internet use being flawlessly fast.
When I start a game, it always comes up Quebec game server, even though I live near Toronto. Not really sure if that's related or not
Spiff
Destroyer
7 | 0
The Toronto GS seems to have been taken down or is otherwise unavailable. The replacement GS, Quebec, are both extremely laggy for me as well. (guessing but I am assuming the hardware they are being hosted on is quite poor and so it cannot keep up with the new patch congestion/sudden influx from Toronto going down) Just use a different GS, it should have been the first thing you tried. Type /gs ## to set your default to a different gs of your choice.
Newbking
Sand Maggot
1127 | 5
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Spiff wrote:The Toronto GS seems to have been taken down or is otherwise unavailable. The replacement GS, Quebec, are both extremely laggy for me as well. (guessing but I am assuming the hardware they are being hosted on is quite poor and so it cannot keep up with the new patch congestion/sudden influx from Toronto going down) Just use a different GS, it should have been the first thing you tried. Type /gs ## to set your default to a different gs of your choice.

if I change the default game server, will it automatically go back to Toronto when Toronto is up? in /gs ## what do the number symbols mean? I should try /gs01?
Redemption
Gravedigger
195 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
► Show Spoiler

I use this tool, it tells you what gs has the lowest ping. It also helps if you run off a hardwire connection instead of WiFi in case you are.
Spiff
Destroyer
7 | 0
Newbking wrote:
Spiff wrote:The Toronto GS seems to have been taken down or is otherwise unavailable. The replacement GS, Quebec, are both extremely laggy for me as well. (guessing but I am assuming the hardware they are being hosted on is quite poor and so it cannot keep up with the new patch congestion/sudden influx from Toronto going down) Just use a different GS, it should have been the first thing you tried. Type /gs ## to set your default to a different gs of your choice.

if I change the default game server, will it automatically go back to Toronto when Toronto is up? in /gs ## what do the number symbols mean? I should try /gs01?

No it won't automatically go back as far as I know. The numbers are the number of the server that you want to use. you can see all of the options here: https://tsw.median-xl.com/info

I haven't used the ping tool, but the Quebec is almost certainly not due to ping issues but performance issues on the servers end. (again, haven't tested, but there's no reason my ping to Quebec would be so bad as it feels to play)