[Guide] Median XL 2.0 with D2DX: New Glide wrapper

Need help installing the mod?
Jasdero
Thunder Beetle
53 | 0
fixer_m wrote:Weird. I've tried setting -w option and it works: it launches the game in windowed mode right away.

With -w my game start in windowed mode too
But just see how it looks.
► Alt + Enter

► and -w

I think with -w my game ignored d2dx config.
fixer_m
Stygian Watcher
42 | 15
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Jasdero wrote:...

Wait, on the second screenshot your window title bar doesn't say that it works via D2DX.

Like it doesn't work at all?
Jasdero
Thunder Beetle
53 | 0
fixer_m wrote:
Jasdero wrote:...

Wait, on the second screenshot your window title bar doesn't say that it works via D2DX.

Like it doesn't work at all?

Exactly! I also think so, because settings from d2xd are no loaded.

Any ideas? :D
iFIRE
Cultist
23 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I am using dual monitor and whenever I click on the second monitor, my game minimizes. Is there a way to stop d2 from minimizing?
Kirussen
Invader
9 | 0
Is it the game engine's limitation that prevent me from getting more than 80 fps? I can get to 144 fps in the main menu. I also use 6-8% of cpu and gpu usage.
Bulooka
Lava Lord
91 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
EDIT: (fixed, had to rename config file) Coming from CNC-DDRAW, and I'm able to get it to work...I think. Everything seems to be functioning, and windowed mode looks really good, but is too small for me. When I upscale to full screen, everything seems a bit blurrier, and I'm getting a bit of stuttering that makes it seem sub-60fps. Tried Aerial's compat mode fix, but I'm getting an error message, attached below.

Any tips to tweak the fps issues? Maybe it's just my comp? Also to tweak the sharpness?

edit: uploaded a video: https://imgur.com/a/GNYBsiV for reference in regards to stuttering, my video seems a lot less smooth than the video in the OP. Again, not sure if it's a setting or just my comp. Not sure why it would be my comp, I think all our comps can probably run 60fps on a 20+ year old game at this point.
Edited by Bulooka 2 years.
Legendaire
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
EDIT FIXED. The major issue I had was a double cursor showing the in game mouse and my mouse, then I broke it, then I fixed all. The solution was clearing out some files from the d2 folder and reinstalling. Exact quote from another thread that tipped me off: "delete d2dx and glide related files in d2 folder", start instructions again.

This is AMAZING. Drastically better than any high res wrapper I've experienced. Positives:

+ Your cursor doesn't stutter at all, it's smooth as silk and easier on the eyes
+ Noticeably more frames and smooth skill effects, ex: novas look much better than I've ever seen them look in ANY d2 wrapper
+ Pounce & warp skills no longer "fade to black" for a split second, not sure what caused this before (some kind of screen ripping prevention on warp skills?)
Edited by Legendaire 2 years.
iFIRE
Cultist
23 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendaire wrote:Hm, my game just fails to open...

Running from here "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\Game.exe" -3dfx -dxnoresmod -dxnocompatmodefix

Windows 10 with Compatibility mode: Windows 7 & Reduced Color Mode 256

Not sure what's going on, thanks!

Have you tried not running it not on compatibility mode? Also try running as admin.
tritri0808
Skeleton
2 | 0
Fast guide d2dx. First you add -3dfx in shortcut, it will run D2DX. Second, you rename d2dx-defaults.cfg into d2dx.cfg, it will D2DX run with your config. Third, Median XL is locked at 1024x768, in your config must set noresmod=true. Set nocompatmodefix=true will run game as play it everyday, less crash. In fullscreen, you switch windows mode with alt+enter, and you can add -w in shortcut game. Border of -w maybe not great you can as frameless=true in your config.
iFIRE
Cultist
23 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
tritri0808 wrote:Fast guide d2dx. First you add -3dfx in shortcut, it will run D2DX. Second, you rename d2dx-defaults.cfg into d2dx.cfg, it will D2DX run with your config. Third, Median XL is locked at 1024x768, in your config must set noresmod=true. Set nocompatmodefix=true will run game as play it everyday, less crash. In fullscreen, you switch windows mode with alt+enter, and you can add -w in shortcut game. Border of -w maybe not great you can as frameless=true in your config.

Thank you! Setting -w for window mode and using alt+enter into full screen fixed my issue. My D2 window kept minimizing every time I clicked on my second monitor.