[Guide] Median XL 2.0 with D2DX: New Glide wrapper

Need help installing the mod?
Akak_
Pit Knight
109 | 0
fixer_m wrote:
Akak_ wrote:...

pls read the following posts in that thread where we have 'tuned' my issue and found an acceptable solution, now comment on it instead pls, wether its possible or not gonna happen (most like)
also there is an important bug report..

p.s. but whatever
p.p.s. and thx 4 the reply anyway!
fixer_m
Stygian Watcher
42 | 15
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Akak_ wrote:pls read the following posts in that thread where we have 'tuned' my issue and found an acceptable solution, now comment on it instead pls, wether its possible or not gonna happen (most like)
also there is an important bug report..

Oh now I see. Not sure how to achieve this though - sorry. I'm not the author of this project.

I bet he doesn't even read this thread, so I can only suggest to create a bug report on project issues page.

Gekko64 wrote:I had to put glide3x.dll in the Diablo II folder instead of MXL folder so instructions in the OP seem partially incorrect

Well, MXL folder = Diablo 2 folder, since MXL gets installed into Diablo folder, right?

Or did you mean MXL folder = MXL launcher folder?
Anyway - I have fixed this in guide to avoid any confusion.
MY4SG4
Thunder Beetle
50 | 6
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
suntorytime wrote:Does anyone experience fps drop? I got 60fps in town but the frames jump up and down everywhere else and even go as low as 30fps in crowded battles, which is kinda annoying I'd rather go back to constant 25fps. Is D2DX that demanding or is it just not optimized well for Median XL ?
Yes i experienced this too but i have 50 fps capped in new patch no idea why..
Edited by MY4SG4 2 years.
JamalsMane
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
at 144hz w/ vsync the highest fps i saw was around 80. the fps also dips constantly which is kinda annoying but other than that, pretty impressive.
CheeseOfTruth
Invader
9 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Game in 60 FPS feels like its fast-forwarded. Kinda weird lol
xMudkips
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
So, I just get a black screen then a crash, still unsure how to add the proper arguments to the exe since we use Median XL to launch and not a shortcut to the .exe.
Jitan, Come On
Pit Knight
115 | 7
xMudkips wrote:So, I just get a black screen then a crash, still unsure how to add the proper arguments to the exe since we use Median XL to launch and not a shortcut to the .exe.

Read the first post.
If you dont get it - you dont run diablo via launcher, you run it via game.exe.
shukolade
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thank you so much, it's black magic to me but it works.
Cizzar
Skeleton
2 | 0
Now just make it so that it doesnt minimize when you alt tab
usersebastiang
Bone Archer
78 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
When trying this and using Game.exe I cannot connect to TSW, it says its unable to identify game version when trying to connect. Anybody had this issue?