[Guide] Median XL 2.0 with D2DX: New Glide wrapper

Need help installing the mod?
Jasdero
Thunder Beetle
53 | 0
tritri0808 wrote:... and you can add -w in shortcut game. Border of -w maybe not great you can as frameless=true in your config.

When i add -w in shortcut game - my game does not see the d2dx config, so it starts in a very small window in which nothing is visible. In window title bar you can to see what the my game not works via D2DX:
► Show Spoiler

Otherwise "Diablo II DX" is displayed there + resolution and scaling, which means the game works together with the config (and now you can see how the window looks after press alt + enter, without -w):
► Show Spoiler

iFIRE,
iFIRE wrote:I am using dual monitor and whenever I click on the second monitor, my game minimizes. Is there a way to stop d2 from minimizing?

Click on the second monitor = alt+tab. Altab minimizes the game, unfortunately this is how the d2dx wrapper works.

There's nothing you can do about it. We'll have to wait for the developers to fix it.

(sorry for bad eng)
Edited by Jasdero 2 years.
Bulooka
Lava Lord
91 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Bulooka wrote:Coming from CNC-DDRAW, and I'm able to get it to work...I think. Everything seems to be functioning, and windowed mode looks really good, but is too small for me. When I upscale to full screen, everything seems a bit blurrier, and I'm getting a bit of stuttering that makes it seem sub-60fps. Tried Aerial's compat mode fix, but I'm getting an error message, attached below. Any tips to tweak the fps issues? Maybe it's just my comp? Also to tweak the sharpness?

edit: uploaded a video: https://imgur.com/a/GNYBsiV for reference in regards to stuttering, my video seems a lot less smooth than the video in the OP. Again, not sure if it's a setting or just my comp. Not sure why it would be my comp, I think all our comps can probably run 60fps on a 20+ year old game at this point.

bumping my own post due to new edit, really eager to get this all figured out. please chime in if you have any thoughts
Jasdero
Thunder Beetle
53 | 0
Try nocompatmodefix=true in d2dx.cfg file. Then compatibility will work.
Bulooka
Lava Lord
91 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Jasdero wrote:Try nocompatmodefix=true in d2dx.cfg file. Then compatibility will work.

Fixed that, had to rename my config file
Jasdero
Thunder Beetle
53 | 0
Bulooka wrote:Fixed that, had to rename my config file

The name change only if you want to work with settings through this config (i mean d2dx.cfg file).

If the file is not renamed and left with any name (just not d2dx.cfg, for example: d2dx-default.cfg), then the game anyway will work with the d2dx wrapper (if you have not forgotten to add -3dfx and -noresmod to the shortcut game), but with the default settings. In this case, for the compatibility to work, you need to activate it. To do this, there must be a -nocompatmodefix in the shortcut of the game.
For example: "D:\D2 MXL\Game.exe" -3dfx -noresmod -nocompatmodefix
But as for me - it's easier to work through the d2dx config. In it, you can make additional settings, for example change the window scale or position.

I have a standard shortcut of the game without additional commands and i have these settings
► Show Spoiler

and my game looks like this:
► Show Spoiler

You can do the same, just the scale and position of the window I selected for my ultra-wide monitor (21:9) so that there is no gaps between the window and the taskbar. You can test other values for your monitor or leave the default (position=[-1,-1] then the window will be centered) and whatever scale you want.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
After some time, I could only find one small issue that isn't game breaking at all: the mouse can move a little beyond the edge of the screen in full-screen mode. The D2 cursor stays at the edge, but the real position of the cursor moves a bit further over the black bars at the sides. This makes it so that when you move the mouse back into view, you can physically move the mouse a bit before actual horizontal movement is visible on the screen.

Not sure what I can do to fix this, it's only an issue when playing totem necro when I place totems near the edge of the window, this makes totems being placed out of view, and I'm unable to use 'bend the shadows' to get to the totem. This kills me sometimes in Dunc.
Bulooka
Lava Lord
91 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I prefer the window to fit from the top of the monitor to the bottom without there being a gap. Right now here is what mine looks like:
► Show Spoiler

If I scale any higher, I get the black bars on the left and right:
► Show Spoiler

Again, would prefer it to be top to bottom like this when I was using ddraw:
► Show Spoiler
Edited by Bulooka 2 years.
Jasdero
Thunder Beetle
53 | 0
Muilpeer wrote:After some time, I could only find one small issue that isn't game breaking at all: the mouse can move a little beyond the edge of the screen in full-screen mode. The D2 cursor stays at the edge, but the real position of the cursor moves a bit further over the black bars at the sides. This makes it so that when you move the mouse back into view, you can physically move the mouse a bit before actual horizontal movement is visible on the screen.

Not sure what I can do to fix this, it's only an issue when playing totem necro when I place totems near the edge of the window, this makes totems being placed out of view, and I'm unable to use 'bend the shadows' to get to the totem. This kills me sometimes in Dunc.

This is weird.The cursor moves a bit further over the black bars (or moves outside the game if the game is in windowed mode) only if it is not locked in the game. But it's strange because d2dx has a function that locks it by default. Check noclipcursor command in the d2dx.cfg file. If it is true - cursor is not locked and then write false. If false - then there should be no problem.

Bulooka,
Bulooka wrote:I prefer the window to fit from the top of the monitor to the bottom without there being a gap.

I had the same thing. I tried to make the same picture as in the third screenshot, but I don't know how. I always got it the same way as in second screenshot. :cry: I hope that in time they will come up with something.
Utnapishtia
Skeleton
2 | 0
There is a post that explains this on the 4th page by aerial - but if you you use the modified version that supports floating point numbers - it adds bars if you set it higher than the vertical screen res.

Here is a screenshot
► Show Spoiler

I use -w and -skiptobnet - teh game immediately opens up into windowed fullscreen - and immediately to login (so i don't feel much effect for the not using the launcher. I have been testing reshade wtih this - though I have some work

Bulooka,
Bulooka wrote:I prefer the window to fit from the top of the monitor to the bottom without there being a gap.

I had the same thing. I tried to make the same picture as in the third screenshot, but I don't know how. I always got it the same way as in second screenshot. :cry: I hope that in time they will come up with something.[/quote]
Fenric
Thunder Beetle
58 | 0
Hi, really enjoying the higher fps. It's mostly working great, but whenever I close the game, I get: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (0000005)

It's not a huge problem to close out the error when it pops up after closing the game, but would be nice if it didn't pop up.