[Guide] Median XL 2.0 with D2DX: New Glide wrapper

Need help installing the mod?
eleriaqueen
Destroyer
6 | 1
"Turning off aspect ratio" would make the picture pretty nasty looking ! It's there for a reason :wink:
It would essentially do fractional upscaling on a single axis which is not recommended because of the wildly uneven looking pixels it creates.
A band-aid type solution to this would then be to smear the picture with a bilinear filter...
Akak_
Pit Knight
109 | 0
eleriaqueen wrote:"Turning off aspect ratio" would make the picture pretty nasty looking ! ...

i would accept with 2 black spaces let me try to explain:
im ok with game window of the size i want and kinda viewport 5x4 with standart fixed aspect ratio inside

► sry try to understand the bug report thing
ScPlayer92
Thunder Beetle
53 | 5
Just curios, will playing around with the 60fps have any influence on your Combat Speed Caps(AS, FHR, FBR, FCR) since they are Frame-Based?
eleriaqueen
Destroyer
6 | 1
From what I understand, D2DX 60Fps uses Interpolation and prediction to simulate fluidity. It shouldn't affect any game speed as far as I can understand.
eleriaqueen
Destroyer
6 | 1
Akak_ wrote:
eleriaqueen wrote:"Turning off aspect ratio" would make the picture pretty nasty looking ! ...

i would accept with 2 black spaces let me try to explain:
im ok with game window of the size i want and kinda viewport 5x4 with standart fixed aspect ratio inside

► sry try to understand the bug report thing

I'm not a developer on D2DX, I contributed a few bug reports and read up on a few things D2DX does.
But yeah I see what you mean about your first point :)
ScPlayer92
Thunder Beetle
53 | 5
so are you able to increase the resolution and scale it up? i got the 60fps thing working so the resolution would be my only question remaining
Icedecknight
Cultist
24 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Nvm, reading helped me, thanks for the new wrapper!
fixer_m
Stygian Watcher
42 | 15
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
ScPlayer92 wrote:so are you able to increase the resolution and scale it up? i got the 60fps thing working so the resolution would be my only question remaining

Median XL is locked at 1024x768. You can only stretch it (= scale it) to some size but resolution will stay the same.
Scaling for window mode can be configured with scale factor in config file (see "Scaling window by floating-point number" in guide).

Akak_ wrote:what can put in there instead of [-1, 1]
im trying to change resolution form 1024 768 to 1280 1024 without using scale parameter

Again, Median XL is locked at 1024x768. You can only stretch it (= scale it) to some size but resolution will stay the same.
So setting size option will not work. Only -dxscale2, -dxscale3 and scale=X (in cfg file) will work.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
very nice! but I had to put glide3x.dll in the Diablo II folder instead of MXL folder so instructions in the OP seem partially incorrect

also it seems to cap at 60fps on my 120hz monitor
suntorytime
Monkey King
269 | 6
Does anyone experience fps drop? I got 60fps in town but the frames jump up and down everywhere else and even go as low as 30fps in crowded battles, which is kinda annoying I'd rather go back to constant 25fps. Is D2DX that demanding or is it just not optimized well for Median XL ?