[Guide] Median XL 2.0 with D2DX: New Glide wrapper

Need help installing the mod?
Azathoth
Stone Warrior
32 | 1
Jitan, Come On wrote:
Azathoth wrote:So basically this makes 60FPS possible but removes wide resolution? I'm not sure I like the trade-off so much :(

Tried reshade to stretch it but could not find anything there. Anyone know of a sure way to stretch this? I hate having a box in the middle of my screen.

Do you really prefer squished image over regular square window?

Yes. Until I get used to it I guess.

Edit: Getting used to it. I'd much rather have 60FPS and not have my eyes hurt after 20 minutes than widescreen, after all.
Tablith
Cultist
20 | 0
Please help me!
I tried many times, but Median XL isn't work with D2DX.
Error log is here, and I tried this method https://gitmemory.com/issue/bolrog/d2dx/112/864087977

Game version: 1.0.13.60 (supported)

Apparent Windows version: 5.1 (build 2600).
Actual Windows version: 10.0 (build 0).
Fps fix applied.
In-game sleep fixes applied.
Menu fps fix applied.
Using 'Interval1' sync strategy.
Using 'Discard' swap strategy.
d2dx::RenderContext::RenderContext line 183
HRESULT: 0x00000003

(in my pc, message is Japanese)
Expanse
Stone Warrior
33 | 1
hmm workin out so far but it crashes up on leavin a game in bnet every time :(
nvm this seem to work out
Imperius wrote:
Fenric wrote:Hi, really enjoying the higher fps. It's mostly working great, but whenever I close the game, I get: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (0000005)

It's not a huge problem to close out the error when it pops up after closing the game, but would be nice if it didn't pop up.

Set compatibility mode to Windows 7 or XP and run it with -dxnocompatmodefix option.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Azathoth wrote:
Jitan, Come On wrote:
Azathoth wrote:So basically this makes 60FPS possible but removes wide resolution? I'm not sure I like the trade-off so much :(

Tried reshade to stretch it but could not find anything there. Anyone know of a sure way to stretch this? I hate having a box in the middle of my screen.

Do you really prefer squished image over regular square window?

Yes. Until I get used to it I guess.

Edit: Getting used to it. I'd much rather have 60FPS and not have my eyes hurt after 20 minutes than widescreen, after all.

Honestly this was the only aspect of d2dx i dont liked but then my game started to lag and it also froze one time, i just gave up on d2dx and started using cnc ddraw again, all of a sudden i my problems got fixed and i dont have that bad square window with black bars anymore.
kaychamoo
Fallen
1 | 0
I started a new char because of this <3 thank you very much guys!!
just wondering if I can do better than this (i got 3440x1440 screen):

[window]
scale=3
[game]
size=[853,480]
Tyndall
Jungle Hunter
25 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Is there anyway to turn off the crazy lighting change that comes with 3dfx glide? I really like the 60fps but do not like the way the lighting is super glow-y with the glide engine.
megametalman
Cultist
21 | 0
How to make the game less blurry? I did as the 1st post on page 1. It is running at 60fps alright. But the visual quality gets more blurry compared to when this D2DX is not used. The character models look not as sharp.

I did not do anything else other than pasting glid3d.dll, then adding args to the game shorcut. My screen resolution is 1080p.
vebririon
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Hi,

is that possible to keep the game on top when i click out of the window in windowed mod please ?

it work this way with the original d2 game, but not with this tweak :(
technine
Imp
4 | 0
Windowscaling worked this way for me...download the custom D2DX build that supports window scaling by floating-point number. Inside the original d2dx.zip file u will find d2dx-defaults.cfg. Exctract this to your D2 folder and rename it to d2dx.cfg. Edit the following line for the size of the Window (the scale# changes with desktop resolution)
>On 4k resolution(3840x2160):
[window]
scale=2.4 # range 1-3, an integer scale factor for the window

it works also with 2.5-2.6, increasing the windowsize every 0.1

>Command line options looks like this "C:\Games\Diablo II\Game.exe" -w -3dfx -dxnoresmod
>game.exe has no "compability" enabled, and no "run as admin" enabled

On 2560x1440 resolution it worked with 1.4-1.6....depends on your resolution need to test what works and what not.
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
looks great! nicer than Sven's