[Guide] Median XL 2.0 with D2DX: New Glide wrapper

Need help installing the mod?
kocurFunia95
Destroyer
6 | 0
Help, I installed this and now my mouse scroll is not working, how to solve it?
kocurFunia95
Destroyer
6 | 0
Solved, I had to change comatibility mode to windows xp service pack smth, now my mouse is working properly
ruwns
Destroyer
7 | 0
Game updated to 2.0.4 and now it's like a slideshow. Any ideas?

Edit: mouse works great in the menu but once a game starts its like back to 25fps and the game stutters like crazy. Tried a fresh install, reboot, but nothing has worked.

Edit2: Yea, idk. I uninstalled the last windows security update and it's still hosed. Performance is actually worse than the original glide drivers somehow. heavy sigh - i can't go back to 25fps after playing 60 for the last couple weeks.
djriff
Fallen
1 | 0
This has been working flawlessly for me. Only problem I have is if I alt-tab, it minimizes to the desktop. I have multiple monitors, so i'll alt-tab to get my cursor to scroll a window or use another program. It's a minor annoyance, but any ideas how to fix it?
jvfranco16
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Is it normal to lose game sound after turning this on ?

btw, how are you guys managing to get 1280x960 resolution ? Mine is stucked at 1076x7xx. feels so small
fixer_m
Stygian Watcher
42 | 15
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
jvfranco16 wrote:Is it normal to lose game sound after turning this on ?

Nope, it should work. Check your game options, maybe it is turned off?

jvfranco16 wrote:btw, how are you guys managing to get 1280x960 resolution ? Mine is stucked at 1076x7xx. feels so small

In windowed mode? Use -dxscale2 or -dxscale3 options.
If you want to scale window by some other number, use special version that supports floating point scaling (link in a first post).
jvfranco16
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
fixer_m wrote:
jvfranco16 wrote:Is it normal to lose game sound after turning this on ?

Nope, it should work. Check your game options, maybe it is turned off?

jvfranco16 wrote:btw, how are you guys managing to get 1280x960 resolution ? Mine is stucked at 1076x7xx. feels so small

In windowed mode? Use -dxscale2 or -dxscale3 options.
If you want to scale window by some other number, use special version that supports floating point scaling (link in a first post).

The problem is that i`m getting a giant blackbars when i`m using dxscale2 or 3. bigger than my monitor and if i don`t turn this on, my game runs on a super small window.

And about the sounds it`s weirdly turned on. i`ll try reinstalling everything and see if it solves
jvfranco16
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Should i start the game through the game.exe shortcut ? i've noticed that when i open the game through the launcher i can hear the sound but no video is displayed. And when i start the game through the game.exe shortcut the game gets that 1076x768 resolution but without sound ( and the 60fps works properly ).
fixer_m
Stygian Watcher
42 | 15
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
jvfranco16 wrote:The problem is that i`m getting a giant blackbars when i`m using dxscale2 or 3. bigger than my monitor and if i don`t turn this on, my game runs on a super small window.

As I mentioned - you need specially built version that supports other scale numbers.
So you can set scale=1.5 (in cfg file) or any other number, which will fit to your screen.

jvfranco16 wrote:Should i start the game through the game.exe shortcut ? i've noticed that when i open the game through the launcher i can hear the sound but no video is displayed. And when i start the game through the game.exe shortcut the game gets that 1076x768 resolution but without sound ( and the 60fps works properly ).

Not sure why your sound doesn't work. But you can also start the game via MXL Launcher, if you want. Just set video mode to 3DFX Glide and use config file to specify noresmod=true.
Bongmix
Destroyer
7 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
My dumbass would love a video guide.
I got it to work on D2lod, but i cant get it to work on Mxl unfortunately.