Need help installing the mod?
Gomel
Mahasattva
900 | 12
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Did I understand correctly that using this graphics, screenshots do not work?
fixer_m
Stygian Watcher
42 | 15
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Gomel wrote:Did I understand correctly that using this graphics, screenshots do not work?

Yes, taking screenshots with PrtScr (internal feature) doesn't work rn, it is a bug.
I hope author will fix it soon.
However you can use any other tool to take screenshots, like built-in Windows Snipping Tool (Win+Shift+S) or open-source ShareX.
dewds
Fallen
1 | 0
works great but since we have to start the game via the game.exe and not the launcher, is there a median xl version of -skiptobnet and -ns commands? these 2 dont seem to work and i get blasted with music until i enter a game where the muted audio setting finally kick in
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Gomel wrote:Did I understand correctly that using this graphics, screenshots do not work?

In Windows 10, pressing Windows+Shift+S will take a screenshot though, and this is the best method. Works fine!
fixer_m
Stygian Watcher
42 | 15
Great Popularity Badge
dewds wrote:works great but since we have to start the game via the game.exe and not the launcher, is there a median xl version of -skiptobnet and -ns commands? these 2 dont seem to work and i get blasted with music until i enter a game where the muted audio setting finally kick in

You can run MXL with D2DX via launcher.
You just need to use config file to disable resmod in D2DX, look at updated guide.
fixer_m
Stygian Watcher
42 | 15
Great Popularity Badge
I have reworked guide in first post. Now it suggests to use config file instead of command line options for D2DX.

Issues with command line options:
- You can't set floating-point scale for windowed mode, this option can only be set in a config file.
- You can't run the game via MXL launcher, because launcher can't disable resmod in D2DX.
- Since you have to run the game directly via shortcut, you are bypassing MXL launcher, which means it will not change your game version to 1.13c which is mandatory to run MXL. So it may not work at all with D2 versions other than 1.13c.

Using config file also allows to run the game via MXL Launcher.
So overall using config file is a preferred way to configure D2DX.
bamsugar123
Cultist
23 | 0
Image when i open the game (with MXL launcher) i only get black screen, but i can hear menu music playing.... :(
fixer_m
Stygian Watcher
42 | 15
Great Popularity Badge
bamsugar123 wrote:when i open the game (with MXL launcher) i only get black screen, but i can hear menu music playing.... :(

This happens if resmod is not disabled in D2DX.

Check your d2dx.cfg - noresmod option should be set to true (noresmod=true).
bamsugar123
Cultist
23 | 0
fixer_m wrote:
bamsugar123 wrote:when i open the game (with MXL launcher) i only get black screen, but i can hear menu music playing.... :(

This happens if resmod is not disabled in D2DX.

Check your d2dx.cfg - noresmod option should be set to true (noresmod=true).

oh yes i figured it out :p works well now ty for this guide <3<3 looks very nice, but i feel like its not perfect like it has some fps drops when alot of mobs on screen... i also disabled vsync and AA, seems it helped a bit
fixer_m
Stygian Watcher
42 | 15
Great Popularity Badge
bamsugar123 wrote:oh yes i figured it out :p works well now ty for this guide <3<3 looks very nice, but i feel like its not perfect like it has some fps drops when alot of mobs on screen... i also disabled vsync and AA, seems it helped a bit

Great! Yeah, high fps mod doesn't work flawlessly, I saw that users report frame drops in some cases.

But if you want - you can disable high fps mod entirely, with nomotionprediction=true.