Cannot run as Admin

Need help installing the mod?
Laika_92
Skeleton
2 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I am getting an error message when trying to update the launcher, the beginning line of the error message reads

[2021-03-19 01:33:40] Could not add "Run as Admin" option for C:\Users\Krist\AppData\Local\Programs\Median XL Launcher\Median XL Launcher.exe. ||| TypeError: Cannot read property 'values' of undefined

I have already tried the discord but not found any solution yet so I figured I'd try here. I have already added Median XL, Diablo 2 and all associated folders to Bitdefenders exception list as well as the Median XL site. I tried to re-install both D2 and Median XL and still this same error. Any help would be appreciated, I just want to play!
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Laika_92 wrote:I am getting an error message when trying to update the launcher, the beginning line of the error message reads

[2021-03-19 01:33:40] Could not add "Run as Admin" option for C:\Users\Krist\AppData\Local\Programs\Median XL Launcher\Median XL Launcher.exe. ||| TypeError: Cannot read property 'values' of undefined

I have already tried the discord but not found any solution yet so I figured I'd try here. I have already added Median XL, Diablo 2 and all associated folders to Bitdefenders exception list as well as the Median XL site. I tried to re-install both D2 and Median XL and still this same error. Any help would be appreciated, I just want to play!

I use Bitdefender as well and was getting a different error code. The solution on my end was to disable the Bitdefender shield under Protection ---> Antivirus ---> Advanced.

Other thing I had to do was temporarily turn everything off in the Online Threat Prevention tab before opening the MXL launcher to update it. Worth a try at least.