Next/Prev skill buttons not working as before

Need help installing the mod?
Zamioculcas
Invader
8 | 0
Can someone explain how the Next/Prev skill works now because it does not work like it used to. For me at least.

I'm running on Windows 10 and clean-slate reinstalled the game twice so doesn't seem to be an install issue.

Here is the issue:

I set the skill keys in the settings menu in order from Skill 1 to Quick Cast Skill 4 as:
A, F1, S, F2, D, F3, F, F4, Q, F5, W, F6, E, F7, R, F8

My character has the keys A, S, D, F, Q, W, E, R assigned to random skills on the right-click skill speed bar.

Old behavior:
select skill A, next -> S, previous -> R
select skill E, next -> D, previous -> A

This correctly follows the list order in the settings menu. Since F1 was not assigned in the speed bar it jumps from A to S as expected.

New behavior:
Next/Prev points to a seemingly random map of the keys assigned on the speed bar and indexes over that.

For my character it indexes the speed bar skills in a list as A, R, E, W, Q, F, D, S (can someone explain this?)

If I hit skill A then the next button causes it to jump to the next index in the map ...not following the skill list order in the menu.

For example:
Hit A, next -> A
Hit A, next -> R
Hit A, next -> E
Hit A, next -> W
Hit A, next -> Q
Hit A, next -> F
Hit A, next -> D
Hit A, next -> S
Hit A, next -> A ..wrap around

The 'previous' button does the same but in reverse.
Edited by Zamioculcas 1 year.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
random? that's clearly just backwards
Zamioculcas
Invader
8 | 0
Not random, how so?

It should follow the skill order assigned in the main settings menu which I have set as:
A, F1, S, F2, D, F3, F, F4, Q, F5, W, F6, E, F7, R, F8 down the line from Skill1 to QuickCast4.

If I only assigned A, S, D, F, Q, W, E, R to skills in the speed bar (not using the F keys) then the correct order should be:
A, S, D, F, Q, W, E, R not A, R, E, W, Q, F, D, S

Classic LoD and previous Median versions did not work like this.

Additionally it shouldn't "remember" an index position in the random list. I demonstrated that hitting A doesn't reset the index to A, but instead the next position in the random list and then wraps around.

They way I used to play was assigning the F keys as a subskill under each lettered key so I could easily use the mouse scroll to switch to it. But since it doesn't work anymore I don't have them assigned to speed bar skills.