Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
ghrim
Invader
8 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:
ghrim wrote:
► Show Spoiler

1) Have you ever been in a farming area for 90 minutes? That doesn't seem very useful tbh.

Hence why I said it wouldn't be too broken to the point people could abuse it for farming certain areas, it would just be a nice boost for people playing through the game landing some extra drops.

HechtHeftig wrote:3) Shift + left click

I know this exists but it still requires you to click every single potion / berry / symbol to fill up your belt..

HechtHeftig wrote:4) socket Tal runes (+5 all stats) early on in your gear for a total amount of +170 to all stats (+20 from Lionpaw, which any char should use and +30 from
Cloudladder
Cloudladder
Spiked Shield (4)

Defense: (102 - 116) to (203 - 230)
Chance to Block: Class%
Required Level: 7
Required Dexterity: 55
Item Level: 10
+1 to All Skills
+1 to Druid Skill Levels
+1 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+(41 to 60)% Enhanced Defense
+20 to all Attributes
+10 Life Regenerated per Second
Socketed (1)
Defense: (372 - 414) to (629 - 699)
Required Level: 24
Required Dexterity: 81
Item Level: 36
+(1 to 2) to All Skills
+(1 to 2) to Druid Skill Levels
+(1 to 2) to Sorceress Skill Levels
+(71 to 90)% Enhanced Defense
+30 to all Attributes
+20 Life Regenerated per Second
Socketed (4)
Defense: (920 - 1007) to (1503 - 1645)
Required Level: 42
Required Dexterity: 170
Item Level: 51
+2 to All Skills
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+(101 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
+40 to all Attributes
+30 Life Regenerated per Second
Socketed (5)
Defense: (1443 - 1687) to (2346 - 2743)
Required Level: 51
Required Dexterity: 353
Item Level: 85
+2 to All Skills
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+(131 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
+50 to all Attributes
+40 Life Regenerated per Second
Socketed (6)
can get you up to 220 to all stats (+10% from elemental prism-> +242 to all stats)) I usually use those runes until I'm lvl 90 (when I finally need max res)

I don't know where you are getting the numbers for +170 stats from but otherwise that's a good argument, however relying on that many runes can lead to mean suprises when you attempt to switch them out for something else.. you end up locking your equipment sockets for a very long time whereas my suggestion would turn many unpopular quests more useful for everyone.
Also, socket number on gear relies a lot on the actual tier, body armours don't get their max. number of sockets until tier 6, for the most popular armours that's a solid 100~150 extra strength required from t5 to t6. I know MO's are also a short term solution available as an option, but very unattractive to me.

HechtHeftig wrote:5) So basically 1 Token = 2 arcane crystals? If that's the case, then there should be a restriction like: only works on tier 1 and tier 2 items.

Yes basically that would be the idea on how they worked. Put a Token with a Hard Leather Armor [1] for example and you would get a random unique body armour tier 1~2.

HechtHeftig wrote:to your 2) It was suggested before and it was discussed already, but I can't remember what the outcome was. If I remember correctly, they said it's impossible with the current engine. Maybe Sigma will make it possible. But even then, don't expect it in the first patch. It'll probably take very long to implement.

Oh, yeah I can see how something similar was suggested before, my bad for not searching enough.
I was hoping it would be possible for Sigma seeing how many other improvements are on the way, hopefully someday we will see such a feature.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Not a big deal, but maybe some items get reduced names. I know at one point, there was a goal to reduce clutter (like the shrine title rework from 10 charges to just 10), so maybe stuff like Light Plated Boots become Plated Boots and Full Plate Mail becomes Heavy Plate or something to play off of Light Plate, etc.

Pretty minimal change but might be nice.
ghrim
Invader
8 | 0
L H wrote:Not a big deal, but maybe some items get reduced names. I know at one point, there was a goal to reduce clutter (like the shrine title rework from 10 charges to just 10), so maybe stuff like Light Plated Boots become Plated Boots and Full Plate Mail becomes Heavy Plate or something to play off of Light Plate, etc.

Pretty minimal change but might be nice.

I like this idea a lot, removing some clutter from item names would indeed feel better. Renaming weapons like Short Sword into a more specific weapon name like "Kaskara" would feel more impactful aswell.
This is not only an aesthetic improvement but also reduces clutter on screen from dropped items to a certain degree.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
@ghrim:
No, you didnt understand. Shift click (iirc) to fill the belt with pots with just one click on the pot in the vendor window.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
ghrim
Invader
8 | 0
Yes and I am talking about a way to do the same thing after you die and all the potions/berries/symbols from your belt land in your inventory.
I know that you can shift-click on vendor potions to buy potions for all belt slots at once, and to fill in potions one-by-one from your inventory.
Maybe I wasn't clear enough on the initial post.. sorry about that.

To expand on this idea, would it be possible to auto-pick up potions when there are empty slots in your belt, similar to how gold gets auto-picked?
That would be quite a neat feature aswell.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Oh ok.

Shift clicking things will probably be added a few patches after sigma is released, plugy-like inventory and things like that have priority.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
kiki22vu
KOSOVAR
573 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Since it is well known that 60-70% of players stop playing after 2-3 weeks into new ladder cuz of boredom here is a small list to keep ladders a bit longer and more alive. Drop rates and progress trough mod are awfull since it was always sp based mod so here are few things wich need to be tweaked for mp to have a good and nice multiplayer experience again.

- remove static uniq drop from act bosses
- remove uniq creation
- remove uniq uptier
- remove rune downgrade (only upgrade with 3 each)
- remove set form griswold terr (dunno if that is still in if y remove)
- remove set drop from terr ubers and late terror
- nerf slightly rune drop
- nerf slightly shrine drop rate
- nerf slightly rand sacred item drop
- nerf slightly set, su drop
- nerf tcow xp
- buff act bosses - so fights are atlest somehow interessting
- buff heroics
- buff mobs and bosses in ubers
- buff mo gold cost to 50k

This should slow down a bit the insane progress trough mod and should keep players more busy with playing. Casuals who refuse to play by own or dont have time to play can buy items and stuffs trough TG like they always do or trade with various ingame trade stuff they find.

Cant speak much about chars what has to be buffed or nerfed since i didnt played much but looks like that thorn druid and divine pal could need some slight nerf.

#makemediangreatagain
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I agree with anything besides mo price increase. Its semi-cancer already and with 50 k price it would be too annoying, even if you take in count pot of love.
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Having high doubts about a lot of these changes because I still think people would find a way to blow through into dest in a matter of a few days or a week
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
kiki22vu wrote:Since it is well known that 60-70% of players stop playing after 2-3 weeks into new ladder cuz of boredom here is a small list to keep ladders a bit longer and more alive. Drop rates and progress trough mod are awfull since it was always sp based mod so here are few things wich need to be tweaked for mp to have a good and nice multiplayer experience again.

- remove static uniq drop from act bosses
- remove uniq creation
- remove uniq uptier
- remove rune downgrade (only upgrade with 3 each)
- remove set form griswold terr (dunno if that is still in if y remove)
- remove set drop from terr ubers and late terror
- nerf slightly rune drop
- nerf slightly shrine drop rate
- nerf slightly rand sacred item drop
- nerf slightly set, su drop
- nerf tcow xp
- buff act bosses - so fights are atlest somehow interessting
- buff heroics
- buff mobs and bosses in ubers
- buff mo gold cost to 50k

This should slow down a bit the insane progress trough mod and should keep players more busy with playing. Casuals who refuse to play by own or dont have time to play can buy items and stuffs trough TG like they always do or trade with various ingame trade stuff they find.

Cant speak much about chars what has to be buffed or nerfed since i didnt played much but looks like that thorn druid and divine pal could need some slight nerf.

#makemediangreatagain

In other words - revert MXL back to 1.70-1.99

PS: As for me. I think Beacon skill needs some hard-skill buff. Like reducing delay between attacks. Now this skill used only for speed buff from
Sky Scorcher
or when you really have no choise as assa (psy-sin mostly)