ChuckNoRis wrote:so if an opponent steps over a hawk talons that you plant , and that explodes into a shitload of axes that deal weapon damage , that's not a trap
Hm, let's consider it closer...
1) Requires a throwing axe
- very well, perfect for assassin. I can even imagine Crucifyssin back to Median XL just to... put a trap?
2) Trap duration: 10 Seconds
- nice one - above 3 times better than ATMG and other assassin traps.
The build with that oskill will fit perfectly to the forthcoming patch assassins.
What do you call ATMG, SMG, and Broadside then?
ATMG, very well. Let's coniser it too!
1) No item kind requirements
- skill expecially for assassin (as u can see on the picture)
- very well, assassin can now play with a maces and hammers. Much fun!
2) 10% weapon damage
- hmm, comparing to Hawk Tallons it seems quite sh*tty, isn't it? But nvm - assassin got tousands of ele dmg she can add to that mighty skill!
3) Rate of fire - 12.5 / sec
- and it's the only good thing in that skill.
4) Duration - 3.2 second
- with all charms done
(oh, except Laz. He can kill his totems this ladder so - quite undoable for me. Shame on me!)
Reasuming - u call ATMG trap. To deal REAL dmg it requires:
a) tons of additional dmg
b) tons of fcr to deal any worthy part of it in same time
c) num-lock way of play - no way to deal dmg with that skill and play dinamically (which is assassin suposed to play like)
d) tons of weapon damage to improve ... 10% wd?
e) dunno, luck to not be killed standing and spamming it around whilst?
But it is called TRAP by you. You also indicated some other traps, let's consider them!
1) 66% weapon damage
- have i mentioned the Hawk Tallons deal 90% wd? But Broadside it - ofc - truly op! (especially comaparing to 3/2 wd, two ladders ago)
2) Ranged skills locked out for...
- and that's the point with Broadside. It used to be great close combat skill in throw skill set old times. Now it's so balanced i found no assassins using broadside on The Sin War (another skill to be replaced soon?). Minimum ''lock out'', so kind of spell timer, cooldown, whatever - like 7/6.8 seconds in the endgame. Nice, nothing better to use Broadside, see it missing the main goal, and run around like a fly for 7 secs (flyssin?).
3) Much knives total.
- O.K., much knives, but those smart knives choose the objects randomly, so u can cast it near - for example - diablo or mef and Broadside will shoot some sort of mob near, dealing no dmg to the boss.
4) Broadside is like a melee skill. U have to be very close to cast it effectivly. And even standing on the aim won't ensure it will do its job well. But, whatever - holydin can spam it with no lock outs/ cooldowns/ spelltimers atm - play trapdin!
But LH called it 'trap'. Very well, he also told about some other trap. Let's consider the last one!
Arrrrrgh! That one sounds hot! Let's use it!
It is truly trap, LH - my assassin became a trap spamming numlock skill, whilst my merc became a main hero!
Bet up to the point...
1) 40% weapon dmg
- have i mentioned The Hawk Tallons deal 90% wd?
2) no more abilities on it
- good, as we established game should be simple enough. SMG perfectly fits to this idea - with it you can just stand and press right mouse only to dmg single target. That's what i expected from a REAL trap!
- btw, why, if it's so easy, i met no SMGssin on The Sin War... ever?
3) It's close to the inferno sorc from D2LoD, which is well known for the best trapmaster in game ever!
4) SMG can truly be much funnier than a traprat (and farely more op, ofc!)
Thx a lot, m8s, now i discovered Median again xD
(...) I dont remember seeing ANYONE using them the way u said which is putting them and luring mobs into them. (...) What I want to say is, why ppl play MXL? bc it brings them a much faster and more action gameplay, ppl wanna run around, jump in enemy face, slap them, kick them, kill one whole room of them right when blinking in that room, PROACTIVELY, so why give them the boring statis things which they would most likely ignore? And on top of all that, giving them to an assassin which is the most mobile char in this game?
The style you described is closely to the pouncessin. Realise that there are many ppl here, and it is not obvious that they prefer pounce style of gaming. If so, they choose pouncezon, pouncessin, warewolf, etc. To be 'mobile' doesn't mean the same as to be 'rushing all the time'. Do you think that necromelee is 'mobile' playing with 1-2 skills with, all the time?
If it would be so clear, that ppl play Median only coz of blink and hit enemy, like you said, so why bowazon, druid-bow are so popular? It's range, using not much skills, and not so fast (mb with maxed ecstatic frenzy and 150% faster run, rapture and beacon buff, but it's a case of gear). They are popular each ladder coz many ppl here like that play-style.
You say about playing mobile but it doesn't exclude playing strategically. If so, ppl would never made tantrumdin against summoning uberquests. Even your Limpet Laser assassin spammed her traps around before casting a summoning spell. Why, if she were supposed to 'blink and hit', as you procaimed? Because the player with that build thought before action and planned to deal more dmg just in time he summoned the enemy. That's why some ppl choose other than pounce-style builds. They like to plan their strategy.
Another case, ....
For many years i thought that Median XL most important point is to do the uberquests. I can agree that pounce-style is quite effective in The Secret Cow Level, Tran Athula, Fautzville, but how can you argue this build can deal against the the Startled Witch (forgot the new name, sorry) or the Brother Laz /Archbishope Lazarius? Just to say ''it's to hard so noone do this'' or ''it's no point to do this uber coz i can buy everything for TG just to spend my game farming cows all the time"?
Those, what you truly described, is called ''farming''. If u play Median XL only for farming - well, you got right; pounce-style is close to be perfect for that case.
I know that many ppl here starts Median XL with donation like 500TG+, but after entering the game with all charms on start, op items they'd probabily never seen on their own eyes, they realise they cannot handle with ubers such as Witch. And they start to claim ''omg, how stupid it is, it's should be removed and i will back to my farming which is the only right way to play this game!", and they do so. Do you want us to belive, that just because of that kind of MXL players we should remove most ubers just in case they don't fit to the pounce-style of gaming?
Btw, why, if you say that pouncessin is so nice, there was only one pouncessin on the Sin War, this ladder?
about the robots, if they put one more summon skill in sin's skills list, what should they remove?
all sin's skills are pretty fine as they are now. even if fireball sentry is useless as u said, it should be replaced with another straightly damage skill not a passive one like a summon.
Yep, three ladders ago Spirit of Vengance was very passive and useless. That's why Veil of Magic was just a sig.
bringing back the whole golem tree to create a sin summon build?
then we have the most damn OP char in the history with a 2s cd blink to move all her summons around and stun mobs, she will be immortal, litterally.
She used to be immortal old Median, with 99% Perfect Being. Don't think she will become immortal just because of one summoning.
Rework blink to make this viable? then all the other skills must be reworked too since blink affect the sin gameplay overall and that is too much for them.
Yep, we'd better rebalance it to make lock out like with Broadside and rebalance barbarian teleport to spam it without any aim to be choosen.