What is Median XL: Sigma

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Every patch release is one step closer to Sigma. New patch coming out in 4 days and there will be new locations, new Ubers, new items.
I guess these things were planned for Sigma, but we surely cannot complain if they are implemented in current versions. 8-)
Now every player has a chance to play it and see for himself if he likes these changes, I know some players who had mixed feelings about mxl 2017, but I understand devs are trying (hard) to build something new, their own vision of this mod and I'm going to give it a try even if I didn't enjoy latest patch like the ones before. Looks like last months were really busy for whole team and It's good too see progress. Keep up the good work!
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
I am new to Median XL so I'll likely love whatever Sigma is.
From what I've experienced so far I'm having tons of fun.
Newer players like me feel right at home with this game.

But it's still a challenge learning from many of my deaths, LOL.
Just the fact this isn't as easy as the original game is awesome!

Anyways, I'll welcome Sigma with open arms. I can't wait for it and thank you mods.
technine
Imp
4 | 0
HYPE :mjump: :cheers: :mjump: :cheers:
shrimp
Daystar
693 | 14
give me some game play link :beg: x 7
Edited by shrimp 5 years.
tonix
Stygian Watcher
42 | 2
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Found it on saturday on the way to grindcore concert.
► Show Spoiler
tonitro
Destroyer
6 | 0
thunderman wrote:Every patch release is one step closer to Sigma. New patch coming out in 4 days and there will be new locations, new Ubers, new items.
I guess these things were planned for Sigma, but we surely cannot complain if they are implemented in current versions. 8-)
Now every player has a chance to play it and see for himself if he likes these changes, I know some players who had mixed feelings about mxl 2017, but I understand devs are trying (hard) to build something new, their own vision of this mod and I'm going to give it a try even if I didn't enjoy latest patch like the ones before. Looks like last months were really busy for whole team and It's good too see progress. Keep up the good work!

interesting. do you (or anyone) know if current single player characters will be deleted when sigma is officially released? the incremental updates introducing new features are great, though i'm worried about the "official" release, as in, will there be changes dramatic enough that we can't even use single player characters anymore
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
2017's characters will be incompatible with sigma due to the engine changes among other things. It's release is still some ways off, so no reason to abandon ship.
tonitro
Destroyer
6 | 0
thanks suchbalance. does that mean there's a 100% impossibility that any tool could be made to convert the basics of a character to make it compatible? just thinking of saving progress such as clvl and acts/wps completed, not items. for single player only. if so, i won't make a suggestion for it
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
I would assume not... Such a tool would be a waste of time since someone could simply share a save file of a level 120 character and all waypoints and it would be the same.