What is Median XL: Sigma

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
chatcat wrote:
whist wrote:I do think we will be able to get (finally) a first release up and ready to play by June/July 2016.

ok

"ok" as in you're unhappy with how hard they've been working on making sigma a tangible release as soon as possible?
cnoltz
Cog
205 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
LHawkins1 wrote:
chatcat wrote:
whist wrote:I do think we will be able to get (finally) a first release up and ready to play by June/July 2016.

ok

"ok" as in you're unhappy with how hard they've been working on making sigma a tangible release as soon as possible?

Patients young grasshopper. It will be released when its released. I would hands down prefer a complete patch release, rather than one that is half assed and rushed to completion (No mans sky anyone). I know nothing about mod making, however I do know it takes time. Sit back, relax and enjoy the latest ladder reset :bounce: :bounce:
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cnoltz wrote:
LHawkins1 wrote:
chatcat wrote:

ok

Patients young grasshopper. It will be released when its released. I would hands down prefer a complete patch release, rather than one that is half assed and rushed to completion (No mans sky anyone). I know nothing about mod making, however I do know it takes time. Sit back, relax and enjoy the latest ladder reset :bounce: :bounce:

Kids being too anxious like the devs are just sitting around doing nothing.

I never played No Man's Sky, but I heard it was a total disaster haha. All hyped up, then total failure.
chatcat
Cultist
23 | 1
LHawkins1 wrote:
cnoltz wrote:
LHawkins1 wrote:
chatcat wrote:

ok

Kids being too anxious like the devs are just sitting around doing nothing.

I never played No Man's Sky, but I heard it was a total disaster haha. All hyped up, then total failure.

i can wait, no problem, didnt know about sigma anyway =D, i just thought it was funny :c
danjojo
Fallen
1 | 0
If you guys havent tried it yet, you should give Path Of Exile a chance while waiting for sigma to come out.
It may be overwhelming to new players but its one of the best diablo like games out there and its 100% free
Viehzeug
Imp
4 | 0
Hey!

I'm a long-standing Median Fan (mostly SP) and quite excited about Sigma.
But I would also appreciate if you could go a bit more of the details of the modding. It seems you are doing a lot more than most other mods and than is possible with most known modding practices. Are you actually injecting code/jump addresses into the game binary?
Sir Legar
Bone Archer
71 | 4
Viehzeug wrote:Hey!

I'm a long-standing Median Fan (mostly SP) and quite excited about Sigma.
But I would also appreciate if you could go a bit more of the details of the modding. It seems you are doing a lot more than most other mods and than is possible with most known modding practices. Are you actually injecting code/jump addresses into the game binary?

Whist is doing the hardcoding (DLL editing and injection using asm & c++), marco is doing the softcoding.
Funinyourgame
Thunder Beetle
59 | 0
I,m happy to see so much visual and mechanical changes. IMO so far, the HP for the bosses and the health bar above the ennemies will be SOOOOO great, will be easier to decide who to target first if needed.
Quick question. You look like you are playing with the high resolution mode, will it be added in the mod or will it be working on Multiplayer after Sigma patch?
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge