What is Median XL: Sigma

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Targo
Fallen
1 | 0
So... what ever happened to Brother Laz?

It seems now that Macro and Whist are in charge of the development of Median patches now
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
laz left because he couldn't kill marco
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
he got bored or modding the same game all the time and he moved to other projects, he has many fine skyrim mods and also helped make uniques for path of exile
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
And was hired to help make the Witanlore game.

I suspect doing everything alone (more or less) also played a part in his departure. Having a few people helping you, like Marco has, can go a long way.

And the whole Blizzard not actually officially supporting mods, and no way to monetize it (again because of blizz) might have played a role too, since a guy has to make a living. Plus it's an old game, so not as popular.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
He's being trying to get into a game development job for quite a long time, especially in the US but with unfortunate bad luck due to a literal coinflip. It is great to see that he managed to snag an opportunity to help make a game :D
D24Ever
Prowler
19 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Change topic title too, where is median xl: sigma
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
D24Ever wrote:Change topic title too, where is median xl: sigma

Sigma alpha is in progress tho, here is a DL link for the alpha, you will need to request a Key to marco via pm to play it however.

► Show Spoiler

Anyways, a question, I think I saw more than p8 will be a possibility. Did I do drugs or is it true?
D24Ever
Prowler
19 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
you did drugs but its also true. 16 players if im not mistaken. i was looking around at some other Private Servers and i found this pvp server that has a player limit of 64 per game!! i dont think anyone plays this server but here it is. http://annihilus.net/content.php scroll down to Server Features.. imagine, median with 64 players... ON WEED! :D
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
we are indeed cooperating with that realm, so the features you see there could be in sigma.

Regarding 8+ player games, that will certainly not happen for PvE. Creating rooms for more than 8 people will probably be an admin feature and will most likely be used for events at some point.
D24Ever
Prowler
19 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I like how they have PvP and PvE servers. in PvP you go in a door hatch right to all bosses, but i assume your talking about adding things like built in Mh or hold ctrl to see item stats on floor and of coarse higher res, if so these would be incredible additions to modernize d2. Events sound Awesome. Cool idea, what if you had 1 game with 30-64 p always open like sort of a get together room for PvP, trades and newbie help or what not. Surely this would bring a MMO feel to the world of Diablo, granted the servers and d2 engine could handle such things. Lol