Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
dimitrius154
Destroyer
6 | 3
"Small" ingame statics, like columns, fires, etc. obstruct certain skills with inbuilt pathing, like Whirlwind, from acting properly. Once a character bumps into them, he often stops, which presents a tactical deficiency. It would be nice, if that issue were fixed.

There're several non-used half, or almost-working server-side skill functions present, including a half-circle area effect melee strike. If those were "refined" and used for character, or monster skills, that would improve the game experience, IMHO.

I believe it's been suggested already, but having an extra UI slot for stances(auras) would surely be beneficial. Right now, the characters using stances are robbed of properly utilizing right mouse click normal attacks. Not to mention the right mouse click skill micromanagement only possible because of aura working for a time, after being switched off.
Hiehvorak
Pit Knight
100 | 6
is there any chance that in sigma will use this unique item image from classic diablo 2? I think It is a bit of waste not to use them.

► Show Spoiler
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Idk how much of a pain it would be to do this, but in the weapon description info window in-game, could the “Slow/Normal/Fast/Very Fast Attack Speed” be replaced with the weapon's WSM number instead?
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
In the past patches useless sin skills were fixed.

So the last skill that really needs to be fixed is batstrike. Not necessarily the first and third charge but the second charge just sucks (especially since it doesn't activate the first one simultaneously anymore). Something like +1 familiar per hard point, max 10 and you get exactly that many if you cast it.

10 bats at once instead of having to deal with that buggy mechanic until 10 bats are alive at the same time.

Also the second charge should release the nova from the first charge too, and a hit with the third charge should release the bats too.
david1865
Vampiress
38 | 0
Having special events on the server with more than 8 players in game
krex87
Cog
205 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
D baal is the biggest pain in my a$$. It took my so long to figure out how to gear up for him and after an epic 20-30min fight i get this..

edit.. well that.. and a sh*tlod of personal satisfaction
snt2523
Jungle Hunter
29 | 0
Weekend event "stuff".
I think it's not really fun when the season is "almost" done, everyone's completed their builds and they won't comeback until the new season out.
I know it's hard to maintain theses kind of ideas with lack of human resources or maybe just make new items as rewards of weekly event. i think
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Nitz wrote:In the past patches useless sin skills were fixed.

So the last skill that really needs to be fixed is batstrike. Not necessarily the first and third charge but the second charge just sucks (especially since it doesn't activate the first one simultaneously anymore). Something like +1 familiar per hard point, max 10 and you get exactly that many if you cast it.

10 bats at once instead of having to deal with that buggy mechanic until 10 bats are alive at the same time.

Also the second charge should release the nova from the first charge too, and a hit with the third charge should release the bats too.

I think that the whole mechanic of Batstrike sucks on assa. Assa is squishy and wants to kill the enemies quickly - That's why a skill that takes time to charge up and makes you vulnerable for many attacks from the monsters before you start dishing out damage simply doesn't fit. Count in the fast attack speed of claw assa and you'll often find yourself releasing a charge you didn't want to release in the first place.

And to confirm that I'm right, just look at the TFS guide. I've tried several ways of using TFS but in the end I always got raped even with 45% block. And why? Simply because I didn't focus on triggering the hit recovery animation of the enemies with high damage but instead focused on survivability. I had 130 k def, 45% block, 85% all resist and still couldn't comfortably kill the enemies in destruction even with blink. But once you have lots of damage, you can simply ignore all of these things on assa since you stunlock them and kill them before they can attack you.

And look at the killspeed of other characters. Batstrike will never get to that level even with godlike gear and 500 sigs eaten, simply because she has to charge it up.

That's why I think Batstrike should release the current charge with every attack without the need of releasing the charges with a standard normal attack. And once you hit the 3rd charge it's resetted. (Basically like D3 Monk's primary attack skills)

Don't get me wrong, I understand how strong Batstrike's first and last charge are, but the high risk is simply not worth it. If it's changed that way, it would require an adjustment to the damage as well.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HechtHeftig wrote:And look at the killspeed of other characters. Batstrike will never get to that level even with godlike gear and 500 sigs eaten, simply because she has to charge it up.

I agree with most of the rest except this. I believe I saw a video of shnurr214 a while back with a Hail claw mowing through every farming area. The hardest part was managing the attack speed with constant skill switching for blood pool (whatevr the fuck the innate skill is called), shadow refuge, batstrike, and still..... normal attack..... (how isn't this changed yet? is it sigma-planned I hope?)

Also, I believe the charge concept is highly relevant to vanilla since all of her claw trees involved charges and kicks to release? I haven't played in probably 12-15 years, so I don't remember all too well.

tl;dr don't like that one sentence, agree with most, something needs changed, but it's certainly not unusable. just a matter of hitting the sweet spot for balance and feasibility.

edit: also forgot to mention, vanilla chargeup sins worked better than mxl because vanilla is a fraction of the game speed of mxl. that's the big issue with charge up skill I think.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Aero wrote:I agree with most of the rest except this. I believe I saw a video of shnurr214 a while back with a Hail claw mowing through every farming area. The hardest part was managing the attack speed with constant skill switching for blood pool (whatevr the fuck the innate skill is called), shadow refuge, batstrike, and still..... normal attack..... (how isn't this changed yet? is it sigma-planned I hope?)

Also, I believe the charge concept is highly relevant to vanilla since all of her claw trees involved charges and kicks to release? I haven't played in probably 12-15 years, so I don't remember all too well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nizucp ... e=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSU6NwZ ... e=youtu.be

Shnurr gotta go fast! The most important thing about the kicks was that they never missed just like smite, especially dragon kick that teleports you on an enemy was nice since you definitely released the charges at right click. I really loved that build for lan parties since it involved more gameplay than just spamming right click, it adds gameplay and the charges should not be removed. Also a nova at the first hit, a bat, then coup de grace and again a nova in just 4 hits would make Batstrike sin the new cookie cutter meta build.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ViscousInspirin ... ergyCherry

Compared to a noctule sin with judge it's much harder but a tick faster and 5 times more fun since it's not just idle right clicking. Once you hit a noctule all enemies before you will be put in hit recovery. Compared to getting a nova out that's much time to get hit, put in hit recovery and die. And the fucking charges don't reliably come, you can hit certain enemies 15 times and only get 1 charge, maybe make that a kick too.

Anyway I think the best change would be making the initiate skill Blood Bath a teleport kick that releases charges and adds the buff.