Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
In cLOD making a Teleport On Attack weapon via a character editor or otherwise will teleport the monsters when you hit them, instead of you when you strike for some reason.

I meant on attack, so I suppose it would be exclusively for massacre mancers. Forgot parasite was striking only
SnakekillerX
Cultist
20 | 3
Something I had spoken with Whist in the past (when he was still working on whistmod) was redoing the defense system, so its less D&D.

Currently the more defense you have, the higher the chance the enemy will flat out miss you with physical attacks. So basically its a type of dodge.
Unfortunately if you do manage to get hit, it does full damage regardless of how much, or little defense you have. I had purposed to make base defense work more like "physical damage reduced by: x". It becomes physical damage reduction by a flat amount equal to your total defense.

Of course to balance that, some enemies damages would increase (some more than others) so that they can break through your armor's defense and damage you. You would then have your only source of evasion coming from dodge, or avoid.

This would do a couple of things...

1) It would feel less random. With the current method you are either taking full damage, or you are taking none. Too much RNG.

2) Health would trickle down at a more steady, but also more manageable rate. Instead of being insta-gibbed from getting hit 2 times in a row due to bad luck, you are now getting hit much more often, but taking much less damage giving you time to react to getting hit.

3) Some stats may become a bit more useful, (not that they aren't useful now..) but things like hit recovery, and block rate, dodge and avoid would be your main methods of minimizing damage sustained once hit.

4) It would allow more items to have dodge and avoid on them, as they will be the only way to actually evade a hit.

5) You could get people playing more traditional class styles like tank, healer, etc for multiplayer if they wanted, since a player's health shouldn't go from 40,000 to 0 in the blink of an eye anymore.
tuananha5
Invader
9 | 1
Agree about the def change suggestion, at end game if ur defense doesn't reach a threshold (let's say 50k, I'm not sure about that) it does no better than 0 def at all. Though it's the main stats of armors, including so many pieces of gears, body armor, gloves, etc., it does not protect you at all, esp against ultimative ubers, that's lame, originally we wear armors for protection right? Defense stats does not help you defense. Moreover, for example, to bowzon escatic frenzy doesn't seem to be a trade, a sacrifice but a win win case (believe or not, my bowzon can clear duncraig except teleport areas with basic charms and all tiered gears, maybe in 20 min if deathless when I'm careful). That means classes that has either huge def buff (light cold sorc) or 0 def "buff" (bowazon, javazon, caster sin) have a somewhat advantage compare to others. Changing the way defense works, making every bit count should solve this.
Coldzero
Vampiress
35 | 9
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I suggest that just make single player easier and ladder harder. Why?
1. Most people who play single player are just for fun and have less time of play. Increase more drop rate plzz :P
2. Many Ladder player are hardcore player that dedicated their time to this game, knowing all build, all fast way of farming, much secrets of the game.
If single player is ez and ladder is hard it may solve the problem to those who have less time to play and people who complain the ladder become easily bored.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Coldzero wrote:I suggest that just make single player easier and ladder harder. Why?
1. Most people who play single player are just for fun and have less time of play. Increase more drop rate plzz :P
2. Many Ladder player are hardcore player that dedicated their time to this game, knowing all build, all fast way of farming, much secrets of the game.
If single player is ez and ladder is hard it may solve the problem to those who have less time to play and people who complain the ladder become easily bored.

single player is already much easier than mp and it have much higher drop rate than mp.. my guess is u never played on the realm..

pls dont compare 2 things if u dont have knowledge of both of them.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Rishab wrote:single player is already much easier than mp and it have much higher drop rate than mp.. my guess is u never played on the realm..

It's actually the other way around, by far. The only exception is current ladder with harder ubers.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
cowking wrote:
Rishab wrote:single player is already much easier than mp and it have much higher drop rate than mp.. my guess is u never played on the realm..

It's actually the other way around, by far. The only exception is current ladder with harder ubers.

wait so r u saying that realm have higher drop rate than single player?
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Coldzero
Vampiress
35 | 9
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
oh really? idk, im not good playing this game much and its pretty difficult compare to original diablo 2 game and taking too much time for grinding. I dont have luxury time to play much. Oh well, sssu and great rune are just in my dreams.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
On MP you can trade, thus easier to complete specific set. (set item, set of elemental runes / kab) or trading great rune you need.

Im usually playing self pick from scratch, have experience terrible item progression usually after easy / mid uber -> mid / hard / super hard uber.
Farming elemental stones was kinda ok, but requirement for farming skull and a set of 2 (depending on slot size) made me feel like I rather dupe or use other cheating method just to shorten my grinding.

Im not a fan to spend 60 hours grinding same map over and over again just for marginal increase.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge