Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
willyboy
Abomination
151 | 18
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
nshade wrote:And I don't understand your point how just making the drop-bias based on current class will break the game mechanics.

LH answered it already correctly (thx!), I have a build for farming the usually areas (Jungle, K3K, TA and so on)....for sure I farm this not only for THIS char, I farm this for any other chars I´ll play in the current season.

It would for me a point to leave this mod if I have to make a Paladin to get Paladin-sets.

nshade wrote:And if you can farm in /p8 pretty much it means you don't need those sets AT ALL.

Perhaps I need the signets or my plan is to trade them or I´ll give it to a friend, perhaps I farm those areas to get shrines, jewels, ACs or whatever.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
There should be only 1 change concerning sets: Make them a useful part of endgame gear, with mediocore stats on the items themselves and some nice stats as set bonus so that those items can compete with endgame SU's. For example: Str on summoner set is stupid. And still it's on every part of the set except the staff.

Or grant the witchhunter set a 500% tcd bonus when completed to fill the gap of the shield. What this set also lacks is a good amount of + skills. Especially since it's labeled as elemental set, it should have some good amount of + skills since obviously elemental damage is the focus. However, the total set with all bonuses grant only a total of +8 assa skills, which you can already get with a badly crafted claw and shield and you still can get +2 from a bad runeword on the armor and +3 on the helmet slot. Every single + skill adds a lot to weapon damage on assa.

That's the most troubling issue imo. Sets are supposedly marked as granting a bonus to support a build but you can get much better things with low crafts and runewords already. So why even bother gathering the sets at all?

I think if you have to trouble yourself to gather a complete set, it should be worth it at least. But that isn't the case for most sets.

And now everyone, pick a set of your liking, go to this thread and improve the sets in a not-op way so the modders have some inspiration.
nshade
Destroyer
7 | 0
willyboy wrote:
nshade wrote:And I don't understand your point how just making the drop-bias based on current class will break the game mechanics.

LH answered it already correctly (thx!), I have a build for farming the usually areas (Jungle, K3K, TA and so on)....for sure I farm this not only for THIS char, I farm this for any other chars I´ll play in the current season.

It would for me a point to leave this mod if I have to make a Paladin to get Paladin-sets.

nshade wrote:And if you can farm in /p8 pretty much it means you don't need those sets AT ALL.

Perhaps I need the signets or my plan is to trade them or I´ll give it to a friend, perhaps I farm those areas to get shrines, jewels, ACs or whatever.

Ok, I understand your points, and I'm not suggesting increasing the overall drop for the sets. Just shift the bias of drop of sets for your current class. That won't hurt the signet farming. And with "I have a char to boost my other chars" I get it too, I did twinking. But what about untwinked leveling? I, personally, love doing that. But now I expect that pretty much that means I gonna see sets related to my build far later in the game when I gonna need them mostly for signets.

I dunno, I feel like I have troubles explaining my suggestion and people immediately think I want to break the balance with "GIMME MOAR SETS I DEMAND IT!"

EDIT: Even in D3, you occastionally get some sets for other classes in drops, but those would be probably 5 to 10% from overall set drops. I mean, making at least 50% your class' sets, 50% other classes sets would be fantastic IMO
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I'd still say othrwise because a lot of classes use set pieces from other class sets. I think it's okay as it is. All the sets you don't want are put towards trading or your 500 signets, which you'll need especially for untwinked gameplay.
ryunp
Lava Lord
97 | 73
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
Are Shrine Vessels really necessary? What about just increasing the stack size of Shrines.
Auto-combine shrines on pickup like tp scrolls.
Splitting a stack of items in half when cubed alone.

Just another worthless meme post in a meme thread.
Kostetus
Balrog
139 | 1
A3 Necrolyte mercenary is completely useless because of his "Charm" skill, so isn't it a good idea to replace "Charm" with another skill?
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
Kostetus wrote:A3 Necrolyte mercenary is completely useless because of his "Charm" skill, so isn't it a good idea to replace "Charm" with another skill?

not only that skill venomous spirit is useless too
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Orr wrote:
Kostetus wrote:A3 Necrolyte mercenary is completely useless because of his "Charm" skill, so isn't it a good idea to replace "Charm" with another skill?

not only that skill venomous spirit is useless too

Venomous spirit prevents monster heal though (see Yshari Baal and such), but otherwise doesn't do a whole lot of dmg.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Hailstorm takes way too long to hit to deal any damage too.
aguni
Rust Claw
80 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I would like it if recasting Dragonheart would refresh the buff duration and also override the previous buff's level with the level of the new cast pls.