Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
mmodbq
Prowler
17 | 0
LHawkins1 wrote:
mmodbq wrote:Well when removed caps would like to see more teamplay gameplay with roles:) Tanks,supports,healers dmg dealers :) Epic Boss FIghts

There aren't any skills in the game that can actively heal party members. Eagle Stance and Tainted Blood are passive regenerates. The only actual healing skill that I can think of is Inner Fire, but I don't think that you can cast it on party members, only yourself (I could be wrong on that one).

Also.... just no. People will play as a team or party if they wish to. You can create roles in gameplay any time you want, you don't need damage cap adjustments to allow that.

Yeah but regen speed or value based on stat,can do that . Sigma is going to be more Mp friendly,events etc.So it could integrate players most because of roles.its just suggestion from me.
Now game will get width and wide with code improvements.
Iam not fan of lifesteal, because its always op and boring mechanic .Regenaration is not fun too,

Healing skills with cooldown its attractive most in my opinion:) .
Overall balance in the game should be connected with cooldowns for all skills especially will not collide in SIgma i read.Spamming 1 skill till mana burn is not fun for me

Have you played Vikings wolves od midgard? I really enjoyed gameplay served there.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
What about having a Settings option to display numeric damage values above an enemy's head when it's hit (a la Final Fantasy)? IDK how plausible it would be or how much it would eat in terms of resources, but it might be kinda neat to actually see numerically how much damage your character is doing per hit and to which enemies.

Also, could there be an end to the whole morph-deactivates-Baneblade thing? I mean, it's not a huge deal, but having to reactivate Baneblade after every Shamanka switch is annoying. Better yet, just remove the Druid morph. It doesn't make much sense anyway.

Also, also...
LHawkins1 wrote:The only actual healing skill that I can think of is Inner Fire, but I don't think that you can cast it on party members, only yourself (I could be wrong on that one).

FWIW, you can cast Inner Fire on your summons and merc. Other players tho, yeah, IDK.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
What about simulating high boss hp by granting them immunity to all types of damage and then have those immunities occasionally/randomly drop? Or if uber bosses could drop items that grant bonuses while stored in the player inventory? I have lots more ideas, lmk if you wanna read more.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
mmodbq wrote:Sigma is going to be more Mp friendly,events etc.So it could integrate players most because of roles.its just suggestion from me.

Please no. This is not WoW, where you need 2 differents sets of skills (1 for dungeons, 1 for questing alone). Luckily this game allows for every character to complete some endgame content on its own unlike WoW. You would basically kill single player single handedly if that suggestion is implemented.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Fumbles wrote:What about simulating high boss hp by granting them immunity to all types of damage and then have those immunities occasionally/randomly drop? Or if uber bosses could drop items that grant bonuses while stored in the player inventory? I have lots more ideas, lmk if you wanna read more.

Pls more xD
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
mmodbq
Prowler
17 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:
mmodbq wrote:Sigma is going to be more Mp friendly,events etc.So it could integrate players most because of roles.its just suggestion from me.

Please no. This is not WoW, where you need 2 differents sets of skills (1 for dungeons, 1 for questing alone). Luckily this game allows for every character to complete some endgame content on its own unlike WoW. You would basically kill single player single handedly if that suggestion is implemented.

Well you can just switch your character:P It is just for Endgame :) Well if all events gonna be in single player bosses should be balanced aswell ,and who pick healer for a solo:?)You can mix up skills correctly,but skill should be balanced that way when you put more points into it it increase its efetivness much more in higher levels to compensate investing,and cap should be unclocked,-that require balance in cooldowns
BTW
It would be first action h/s RPG with that mechanic on market:D just sayn:)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
mmodbq wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:

Well you can just switch your character:P It is just for Endgame :) Well if all events gonna be in single player bosses should be balanced aswell ,and who pick healer for a solo:?)You can mix up skills correctly,but skill should be balanced that way when you put more points into it it increase its efetivness much more in higher levels to compensate investing,and cap should be unclocked,-that require balance in cooldowns
BTW
It would be first action h/s RPG with that mechanic on market:D just sayn:)

You do realize that this game only starts once you get to 120 and are able to farm the first few ubers? And doing those ubers on your own is what makes this game great. You don't need to play together.

And now let me ask you this question: What improvement to the game as is would this mechanic bring? What cool feature? You are only forcing people to play healer when they don't want to. But you get it all wrong. Diablo never was about roles of characters. That's what is so nice about this game: You can play every character and do every single uber with that character alone. But you have also abilities that support others, which makes it basically easier playing together.

I get that you want people to play together. But why? Only so the healer who's standing in the back doesn't get any loot because he's simply too far away from the enemy? We don't have a system that splits the loot among the players, which is what we'd need also for a succesfull implementation of this system, which we'd need to implement as well so the roles that are already unpopular won't become even more unpopular.

Then let's think this idea even further. You want people to play in roles in certain ubers. So what else do you need? A system that automatically puts the people in the same uber with their dedicated roles. Do you think this would work considering how small the median community is? I mean.. I've played WoW... if you're not a healer you'll wait for half an hour to get into 1 dungeon. And there are hundrets of thousands of players on the same server! We have.. what? Maybe 1000? counting in all those abondened accounts of players who don't even play anymore. How long are you willing to wait for a healer? you'd wait for hours!

And I didn't even mention that there are 40+ ubers, while in WoW you're most of the time only able to search for 3 dungeons at most (below maxlevel)

And when I'm already at this point let me just ask you this: Would you be willing to go into a game and make an UBER, where you're basically need the best ping to get the best result, accept a ping of 200-500? Because that's what will happen. 1 Person from USA, 1 from Germany 1 from China. Server is hosted in Germany. only 1 of 3 players can actually play the game as it is intended. So after you'd already wait for hours to get into a team, you'd also have to split people by where they live, reducing the actual number of people being able to play in the same game even more.

And I didn't even start talking about the rebalancing of all skills, the new introduction of skills that actually support the system you want to implement and new introduction of supporter items, tank items and so on.

You could basically create a completely new game.

Do you really think that all this work would really be worth it? Do you really consider this idea of yours as good?

Please, before you post another suggestion for the upcoming patch consider the effort it would take to make that idea of yours actually work. Because the effort it takes for a successful, non-sucking implementation of your idea would be far too much.
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
mahitovec wrote:rofl lets complain about pala being a weak summoner, buff him even more asap... maybe another passive, which gives + skill per hard point or something. I mean yea this is place for suggestions and ideas indeed, but they could stay somewhat sober and non idiotic atleast maybe? Another guy suggesting charmer tree being back, but do you actually realize that nostaligizing about garbage build and actually playing it is two different things? Another genius suggesting to categorize builds, wow... Full page of pure shit, so tasty ^^

With all respect guys, before you bother to "reccomend" something, think atleast three minutes if your idea is that great actually.

Lol wow you are so salty. Are you always this upset?
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Solfege wrote:What about having a Settings option to display numeric damage values above an enemy's head when it's hit (a la Final Fantasy)? IDK how plausible it would be or how much it would eat in terms of resources, but it might be kinda neat to actually see numerically how much damage your character is doing per hit and to which enemies.

While i'd like to play around with the idea too, there's so much damage going on that I think it would clutter up and become a nuisance fast. I think it'd be cool if it was done right though, and would let you see the true damage of skills that are sorta vague in the tooltip.

But yeah, unfortunately, this isn't going to happen. It's been brought up a couple times in the past (even by me) and was shot down pretty quick.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
^ It would be cool if on LCS you could hover over the Skill - DMG section and see "last dmg dealt" (preferably completely ignores poison). Like with ar/def. Would be useful for testing stuff as I NEVER look at the dmg section of LCS, it's just pointless with every melee char and most of the spells.