Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Hiehvorak
Pit Knight
100 | 6
I wonder if sigma core would make it possible to make a whole new class
robinro
Azure Drake
162 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
idk if this was posted before, but i would really like to have some kind of dummy npc/monster or whatever, where you can test your dmg.
you can attack it (it is unkillable and doesnt move obviously) and it displays your dps for a certain time period (idk maybe 5-10 seconds?)
JSTM
Sasquatch
62 | 3
It would be interesting to add a mercenary to act 4 if it's even possible. I'm not sure what kind of fighter they would be but I want to see a new one.
impbloody
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
JSTM wrote:It would be interesting to add a mercenary to act 4 if it's even possible. I'm not sure what kind of fighter they would be but I want to see a new one.

Ive always thought since d2 went with the theme of mercenaries that occupy the area, some sort of fallen angel that had cursing abilities or amplify abilities
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
seems like one of the bot reanimates on the sssu quilted armor was replaced by rathma priest
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Gekko64 wrote:seems like one of the bot reanimates on the sssu quilted armor was replaced by rathma priest

Wut, show me a pic
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
not at home right now, will post later
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
i think it would be nice to have access to all the skills before the passive for the amazon. so you would still only get one passive, but you would have access to all skills that come before them

so for example you could make an enfiliade zon with dragonlore or a javazon that gets the bonus from bacchanalia for
Scar
, so it opens the door for new potential builds that are strong

under other conditions it would allow for 1pt in barrage while being in a caster spec to do a specific task that its convenient for (such as uldyssians baal, which needs to be hit with ow)

i understand that this makes respeccing and using oskills under specific conditions less palatable, since you can just use a skill from a tree that provides something you need, and it has the potential to break the game, moonbeam is quite a decent skill to have at all times, but overall it would be a change that id be excited to see since right now the path for amazons in terms of skilling is extremely linear compared with other classes and the kind of flexibility it would allow for sounds intriguing
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
void wrote:moonbeam is quite a decent skill to have at all times, but overall it would be a change that id be excited to see since right now the path for amazons in terms of skilling is extremely linear compared with other classes and the kind of flexibility it would allow for sounds intriguing

I beg to disagree.

Look at Druid: 3 shapeshifting trees, 1 caster, 1 Bow and 1 Poison. All of them only benefit from only the 5 skills in the tree, + Pagan Rites and /or Elfin Weapons. If you're willing to spend some more points you get acid Fiends as well (but maxing 2 skills just for some summons who die instantly anyway... who does that?). That's even more linear.

Barb: Always uses a stance, always uses only 1 tree (melee, 2-hand, throw, spirit) and the rest is put into the general tree. Very linear as well.

Paladin: No matter what you do, it's the same (unholy always uses Storm Lord & Tainted Blood, Holy always uses Dragonheart & Incarnation). The only choice you have is which passive tree to use. And even then 3 skills are basically the same. (1 auto-hitting ability+ 1 passive for that only and 1 summon)

So you see, more than half of the characters are very limited in their specs. Amazon can at least decide whether to use summons, get lots of Defense and/or get lots of slow. And you can even decide how fast you run through the game.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:
void wrote:moonbeam is quite a decent skill to have at all times, but overall it would be a change that id be excited to see since right now the path for amazons in terms of skilling is extremely linear compared with other classes and the kind of flexibility it would allow for sounds intriguing

I beg to disagree.

i in part agree, in part disagree with your criticisms.

its absolutely true that the standard builds will generally be the same every time, the variety of builds are limited by what is actually viable to use. so unless someone discovers a new build there will be strong overlap in what is actually played.

► massive list

amazon is pretty much limited to the tree she puts the pick-1-passive in. if you for any reason want put a point into 2 trees (like bow + java) then thats possible, but your char faces a lot of penalties that for the most part are a huge disadvantage compared with other classes that get their passives. its not necssisarily unviable to play neutralzon but its not like most other classes where you have a main spec and then invest like 5 extra points somewhere else and youre good to go.

its possible to argue that this is good game design, because it makes amazon special that you cant get passive + other tree, but at the same time its restricting beyond viability.

so, how about this: if this ever is tried, gets tested, and it turns out its way op or otherwise a bad idea, then im happy to leave amazon/sorc the way she is. before that i will advocate for it being tried and as far as i can tell you are not against the implimentation itself, rather its the concept of amazon being more restricted than other classes that you disagree with, right?