Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Splargh
Grubber
320 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
SireSamuel wrote:We should make set bonuses more linear in progression. Currently, a full set gives you a total of 10 mods, and it progresses as such: 2 pieces gives you + 1 mod, 3 pieces gives you + 1 mod, 4 pieces gives you + 1 mod, and 5 pieces gives you + 7 mods, for a total of ten mods for wearing the whole set.

Let’s consider and alternate formula for a minute: 2 pieces gives you + 2 mods, 3 pieces gives you + 2 mods, 4 pieces gives you + 3 mods, and 5 pieces gives you + 3 mods.

You are still getting the same overall effect for having the entire set, the difference is that the progression is more “linear”.

I think this would be a good thing because it would make sets much less “all or nothing” in nature. Dipping a set for 2-4 pieces would be a much more viable option, and would open up more character builds.

Do you agree?

I like the Idea. Sure, it would take some balancing, but right now there really aren't many 2/3 piece bonuses worth pursuing on their own outside of the ones Chuck mentioned.
I don't think I've ever seen anyone using parts of 2 sets (for their set bonuses, not their own stats) simultaneously. Exploring those kinds of synergies might be quite fun.
Alternatively, you could just buff the usefullness of the bonuses you get for low setpiece numbers, not their count. Or change the order in which you get them.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
2 Set bonus should be build enabling, 6 set bonus should make the build stronger
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Splargh wrote:I like the Idea. Sure, it would take some balancing, but right now there really aren't many 2/3 piece bonuses worth pursuing on their own outside of the ones Chuck mentioned.
I don't think I've ever seen anyone using parts of 2 sets (for their set bonuses, not their own stats) simultaneously. Exploring those kinds of synergies might be quite fun.
Alternatively, you could just buff the usefullness of the bonuses you get for low setpiece numbers, not their count. Or change the order in which you get them.

there's quite a few if you just check out the set item stats in the docs for combo'ing pairs of items along with the actual item stats.
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Make scepter class weapons less shit so that lightning zon WDM is somewhat more competitive. I never understood why the weapon damage on scepters was so significantly low compared to other melee weapons.
haungo
Skeleton
2 | 0
Frozen orb for Soc pls, i beg you :((
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
god i hope not frozen orb. the damage would have to be gigantic for it because of the way it locks out on casting. and its boring. it's so classic d2
SireSamuel
Invader
8 | 1
Anonymous: wrote:Did you take into consideration the use of 2 parts of 3 different sets for total of +6 mods ? How would that affect char power and gameplay overall ? Might break the game with that.

I’m considering it, and... seems fair enough. In terms of raw power, it is considerably weaker than a simple full set, which uses 5 item slots for 10 mods (vs 6 slots for 6 mods) AND you still have a slot open for a SU, great runeword, or crafted item with great rolls.

Your advantage is versatility. You sacrifice some raw power for the versatility of picking exactly what sets you want (the 6 mods from) and exactly what 2 items from each said set, that fits your build the best. As opposed to being stuck with whatever the full 5 pieces of the full set are and whatever mods it happens to give you.

Like I said seems fair enough.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
del
haungo
Skeleton
2 | 0
Aero wrote:god i hope not frozen orb. the damage would have to be gigantic for it because of the way it locks out on casting. and its boring. it's so classic d2

Frozen orb is the best skill i ever play on any rpg game.
SireSamuel
Invader
8 | 1
Splargh wrote:
SireSamuel wrote:We should make set bonuses more linear in progression. Currently, a full set gives you a total of 10 mods, and it progresses as such: 2 pieces gives you + 1 mod, 3 pieces gives you + 1 mod, 4 pieces gives you + 1 mod, and 5 pieces gives you + 7 mods, for a total of ten mods for wearing the whole set.

Let’s consider and alternate formula for a minute: 2 pieces gives you + 2 mods, 3 pieces gives you + 2 mods, 4 pieces gives you + 3 mods, and 5 pieces gives you + 3 mods.

You are still getting the same overall effect for having the entire set, the difference is that the progression is more “linear”.

I think this would be a good thing because it would make sets much less “all or nothing” in nature. Dipping a set for 2-4 pieces would be a much more viable option, and would open up more character builds.

Do you agree?

I like the Idea. Sure, it would take some balancing, but right now there really aren't many 2/3 piece bonuses worth pursuing on their own outside of the ones Chuck mentioned.

Agreed, I fully support some playtesting and balancing first if this is implemented. That was also a good point Chuck made, it seems some of this exists already, but it is a door only cracked atm. We should open it fully.