Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Idea:

Adding something like shift+click or ctrl+click in stash actions in order to move something from the backpack to cube and vice versa and backpack to stash and vice versa.

Also, included with this addition, the sound will be the sound of clicking on an object in stash but will lack the sound of dropping it.

It will save:
- time
- rsi from clicking and moving stuff
- ears, especially when using jewels and gems

But mostly it will add functionality and make it a more intuitive experience. Crafting is such a big part of the game that it wouldn't be considered luxury to add this kind of function.
billy500
Empty Cooky Jar
878 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Rishab wrote:
billy500 wrote:
L H wrote:
billy500 wrote:What to do for Inarius's Revenge? The summon spell does not work inside the Cathedral of Vanity.

it doesn't exist. charm already gives +1 max skill now in place of it

I see. Well they need to change that mp3 file then. Lol

Mp3 file?

Sorry I got my files mixed up. It's actually a .wav file.
Most sounds regarding those files usually use a .wav file. I could be wrong on the subject for that specific trigger but according to my knowledge about Diablo II's usage of such, it usually uses an .wav.

This:
It would be easier to just remove it and disable the trigger for it upon death.
billy500
Empty Cooky Jar
878 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Muilpeer wrote:Idea:

Adding something like shift+click or ctrl+click in stash actions in order to move something from the backpack to cube and vice versa and backpack to stash and vice versa.

Also, included with this addition, the sound will be the sound of clicking on an object in stash but will lack the sound of dropping it.

It will save:
- time
- rsi from clicking and moving stuff
- ears, especially when using jewels and gems

But mostly it will add functionality and make it a more intuitive experience. Crafting is such a big part of the game that it wouldn't be considered luxury to add this kind of function.

I'm pretty sure you can record an instance for this inside D2Clicker. Also something like that requires knowledge for where it is located inside the files, particularly I believe it would be located inside either D2Game.dll or D2Client.dll (considering it is on 1.13c or below) and it must be allowed to have the extra bytes for it to be loaded. For 1.14a-d It will most likely be inside the game.exe due to the merge of such files. Personally I do not know where that is located, possibly Karl or Whist may know but not me.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
billy500 wrote:I'm pretty sure you can record an instance for this inside D2Clicker. Also something like that requires knowledge for where it is located inside the files, particularly I believe it would be located inside either D2Game.dll or D2Client.dll (considering it is on 1.13c or below) and it must be allowed to have the extra bytes for it to be loaded. For 1.14a-d It will most likely be inside the game.exe due to the merge of such files. Personally I do not know where that is located, possibly Karl or Whist may know but not me.

Please avoid spewing random crap on subjects you don't know at all. There's so much wrong in what you said, my eyes hurt.
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
back the luck trial again. it don't have to be same with orb, it can be as a reward in some kind of uber.
without it, most of rw in weapon r useless.
and add 2% cb to the orb, plz.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Luck trialing was the gayest thingiest everest.
If lacking of 30ed or ar bonus renders rw's useless for you that's your problem.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
It's all negligible with the damage/number rework anyways. 350 ED then = 200 ED now.

Luck Trial really only fucked with sacred rares that had chances to be stronger than crafts or some SUs that worked 2% of the time anyways. I think it's fine as is. Removing Luck Trial was forgotten pretty quickly and saved hours of rerolling base items too.
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
but also made most rw's useless.
maybe better - a i wrote - insert in mod some kind of ability to add 'orb effect doubled' to the non-magical item, just in case of upgrading rws?
ghrim
Invader
8 | 0
Apply bonus magic find and extra gold to realm games based on elapsed time up to a max. of 1 hour maybe.. 1.5% mf and gold find per minute would be sweet, 90% total is not too much to make it broken and would feel quite nice when just playing in a single game for a longer period of time.

One other thing that is just QoL to me but might be too much of a change: allow skills that are hotkeyed to be executed immediately upon pressing the hotkey instead of selecting it into one of the mousebuttons. It can get quite annoying at times just to buff up or skill switch constantly, many people might be against this feature but in general it would be an improvement to gameplay imo. (Just think about not having to interrupt your stance anymore, for example.)

Some more ideas:
Auto-fill belt with potions on button press or hotkey click.

Add attribute points to existing quests like countess and others, I am not sure how much the quests and item requirements are going to change in Sigma but extra stat points early on will be a huge help for meeting requirements on many items.

If Gift Box feature and mechanic is staying, I think it would be for the best to reward every character with a 3 Tokens once you open the Gift Box, cube one token with an item of the type you want to receive a random unique item for. This would get rid of the current bias towards certain gear types on characters and allows everyone to gamble for uniques of every equipment type instead.

Some sort of achievement & title system? Defeat certain Uberboss xx times to unlock a title or something like that.. not really needed but some cool vanity feature for the very ambitious players.

Had some more ideas but can't seem to remember what those were atm, might update the post if I happen to recall something meaningful.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
ghrim wrote:
► Show Spoiler

1) Have you ever been in a farming area for 90 minutes? That doesn't seem very useful tbh.

3) Shift + left click

4) socket Tal runes (+5 all stats) early on in your gear for a total amount of +170 to all stats (+20 from Lionpaw, which any char should use and +30 from
Cloudladder
Cloudladder
Spiked Shield (4)

Defense: (102 - 116) to (203 - 230)
Chance to Block: Class%
Required Level: 7
Required Dexterity: 55
Item Level: 10
+1 to All Skills
+1 to Druid Skill Levels
+1 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+(41 to 60)% Enhanced Defense
+20 to all Attributes
+10 Life Regenerated per Second
Socketed (1)
Defense: (372 - 414) to (629 - 699)
Required Level: 24
Required Dexterity: 81
Item Level: 36
+(1 to 2) to All Skills
+(1 to 2) to Druid Skill Levels
+(1 to 2) to Sorceress Skill Levels
+(71 to 90)% Enhanced Defense
+30 to all Attributes
+20 Life Regenerated per Second
Socketed (4)
Defense: (920 - 1007) to (1503 - 1645)
Required Level: 42
Required Dexterity: 170
Item Level: 51
+2 to All Skills
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+(101 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
+40 to all Attributes
+30 Life Regenerated per Second
Socketed (5)
Defense: (1443 - 1687) to (2346 - 2743)
Required Level: 51
Required Dexterity: 353
Item Level: 85
+2 to All Skills
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+(131 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
+50 to all Attributes
+40 Life Regenerated per Second
Socketed (6)
can get you up to 220 to all stats (+10% from elemental prism-> +242 to all stats)) I usually use those runes until I'm lvl 90 (when I finally need max res)

5) So basically 1 Token = 2 arcane crystals? If that's the case, then there should be a restriction like: only works on tier 1 and tier 2 items.

to your 2) It was suggested before and it was discussed already, but I can't remember what the outcome was. If I remember correctly, they said it's impossible with the current engine. Maybe Sigma will make it possible. But even then, don't expect it in the first patch. It'll probably take very long to implement.

My suggestion: Change the description of Shadow blade. Currently it states "Effect: throwing knife that inflicts lethal magic damage". However it's not lethal anymore. Maybe add to the description that it stuns when you're changing it.