Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
zykoz
Banned
33 | 0
Primarch wrote:A super rare cube reagent that turns an item ethereal. "Ethereum"

Would have to be rare asf. Or maybe a drop bias area(for ethereal items) that's hard to clear.
Taem
Necrobot
2471 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
zykoz wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:Lol, don‘t get trolled by someone who thinks a definition isn‘t definite.

Just neg that troll and let‘s move on with our lifes. Not like the devs would implement something like that anyway lol

Telepathy the supposed communication of thoughts or ideas by means other than the known senses

^^ supposed as in made up or not real. There is no definitive definition for something made up or not known to be real and at the present fictional. Read a book *****.

Stop going off topic with insulting negative comments about something you have no terms or constructive criticism. I've never slandered anyone in offense.

I'd like to chime in here. You claim you never slandered anyone, yet in your very first response to some non-slandering criticism, you say, "Your negative opinion is really close-minded; i.e Diablo 2 has so many little nuances that you would most likely miss because the way you assert yourself; from the looks of it, you just glance over every realm of possibility with negative content." So, your telling this person they are close minded AND imply they assert themselves in an aggressive manner, very presumptive of you.

Regarding the map, there was a hack back in the day called Farsight which allowed you to see way ahead; you'd dock yourself then move your screen around with the arrow keys as if you were actually moving, but your character remained stationary. You could use it to cast spells beyond the normal range because it moved 'where' you could click. Very, very much cheating. Not to mention seeing where the monsters are in the map... L2P.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
time to lock and archive suggestions thread
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
zykoz wrote:
Would have to be rare asf. Or maybe a drop bias area(for ethereal items) that's hard to clear.

Teganze looks fit to the theme or maybe Startled Witch exclusive drop. Make her drop only ethereal item.

I'd like to see a new Shaper/Elder-like base drop that opens new affix possibility. Make rare great again
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Not sure what was mentioned or its already done cause this topic is really huge.
If something cannot be done or its too difficult to implement please ignore.

Suggested changes:

Visual:
1. More resolution options for full screen and playing in window (fit to screen).
2. HD mode.
3. New skins/models for items/monsters/maps.
4. Dyes to change the color of an item, so champion model colors can be customized.
5. New refreshed Interface GUI/HUD
6. Word "Sacred" in items title on the ground should be different color.

Gameplay:
1. Runeword with GEMS and 1 rune, right now only jewels are allowed.
2. Increase power of GEMS - right now runes and jewels are much better making GEMS useless as a socket item
3. Heal Others skill - non target skill that heals whole party near you (same or similar to using Potion)
(skill should require A LOT of mana, short reuse, not healing instantly)
4. If possible fix lag/ping issues when more than 3/4 players are fighting in Cow lvl.
5. Add something to Honorific Items to make them more efficent comparing to other types.
6. Fix some skills for example Blast Wave are blocked for all classes/weapons
7. Most Sets are outclassed by Sacred Uniques/Crafted items. Maybe add more/better affixes when using full set ?
8. Create a Survival arena for end game users 120lvl+ where mobs are being spawn each round more and stronger waves with Uber Boss in last round. Arena should be a size of Butchers Room or bigger if needed. Arena should be opened only once per game. After dying you cannot reenter in the same game.
9. Berserker skill - when HP goes under 50% or 25% adds DMG
10. Bigger STASH
11. Decrease drop of Sacred Uniques/Sets/Shrines/Signets/Runes/Gems
12. Make Rejuvenation HP/Mana Potions more useful (higher refilling rate?)
13. Decrease revive price for MERCs.
14. Keep potions in belt after death so clicking on the body would equip belt with pots in it.

Documentation:
1. Every Item Skill / Character skill should have more detailed description - for example what it does at lvl 1 (dmg, durations, etc.)
2. Please add full description of a Charm after it is mixed with Trophy (what does Trophy adds to it) to Uberquest documentation.
3. Remove old Median website.
4. Make Sigma Trailer and advertise it over gaming portals.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
boozek wrote:Not sure what was mentioned or its already done cause this topic is really huge.
If something cannot be done or its too difficult to implement please ignore.

Suggested changes:

Visual:
1. More resolution options for full screen and playing in window (fit to screen).
2. HD mode.
3. New skins/models for items/monsters/maps.
4. Dyes to change the color of an item, so champion model colors can be customized.
5. New refreshed Interface GUI/HUD
6. Word "Sacred" in items title on the ground should be different color.

Gameplay:
1. Runeword with GEMS and 1 rune, right now only jewels are allowed.
2. Increase power of GEMS - right now runes and jewels are much better making GEMS useless as a socket item
3. Heal Others skill - non target skill that heals whole party near you (same or similar to using Potion)
(skill should require A LOT of mana, short reuse, not healing instantly)
4. If possible fix lag/ping issues when more than 3/4 players are fighting in Cow lvl.
5. Add something to Honorific Items to make them more efficent comparing to other types.
6. Fix some skills for example Blast Wave are blocked for all classes/weapons
7. Most Sets are outclassed by Sacred Uniques/Crafted items. Maybe add more/better affixes when using full set ?
8. Create a Survival arena for end game users 120lvl+ where mobs are being spawn each round more and stronger waves with Uber Boss in last round. Arena should be a size of Butchers Room or bigger if needed. Arena should be opened only once per game. After dying you cannot reenter in the same game.
9. Berserker skill - when HP goes under 50% or 25% adds DMG
10. Bigger STASH
11. Decrease drop of Sacred Uniques/Sets/Shrines/Signets/Runes/Gems
12. Make Rejuvenation HP/Mana Potions more useful (higher refilling rate?)
13. Decrease revive price for MERCs.
14. Keep potions in belt after death so clicking on the body would equip belt with pots in it.

Documentation:
1. Every Item Skill / Character skill should have more detailed description - for example what it does at lvl 1 (dmg, durations, etc.)
2. Please add full description of a Charm after it is mixed with Trophy (what does Trophy adds to it) to Uberquest documentation.
3. Remove old Median website.
4. Make Sigma Trailer and advertise it over gaming portals.

visual:
1.) sigma changing resolution to 1024x768
2.) ??? unless you want to remaster every graphic in the game, I guess
3.) We've already seen some items get special models, like SSSU Naginata, Hand of God, Labrys, etc. Not always easy to create the artwork to use for it.
4.) maybe in sigma plans. seems unnecessary for what the current stage of development is focused on.
5.) sigma changing GUI/HUD (have you seen the sigma thread..? most of these visual changes were addressed)
6.) d2stats will notify you if you set your notification settings to the item you're looking for. can also filter out things. sigma will have this type of feature built in somehow

gameplay:
1.) jewels are better anyways, why would you want otherwise?
2.) gems are not useless. turquoise in shields get more MF than Lum runes. gems also can be socketed to increase your max res, something not easily obtainable without some SU's or charms.
3.) Inner Fire and Gift of Inner Fire skill exists, also some passive regens like Eagle Stance and Demon Blood Aura
4.) lag issue is caused by too many things happening on screen (stances and curses appearing above every single monster/reanimate/summon/player's heads is a lot of movement, not to mention procs and laggy skills, all likely being addressed in sigma, some things already fixed like sprite limit -- again see the sigma development thread for this info)
5.) Honorifics aren't meant to be top tier things, but more of an early transition or "oh shit I lost my gear, I need to make something temporarily and easily"
6.) Blast Wave is usable by all classes. dunno what you mean by this question
7.) Item rework is a huge part of sigma. see sigma dev thread. (see a trend yet?)
8.) Think there's also plans for this, but nothing confirmed
9.) look at bloodzon
10.) stash size increase already implemented in sigma.
11.) drop rates are constantly being addressed for game balance.
12.) there are skills that give you regen on top of regen (sorc's moon symbol, for example), and stackable passive regen like potions + tainted blood (paladin skill) + eagle stance (barb skill). Getting full HP or mana in 5-6 seconds just from potion alone is plenty, especially with other forms of sustainability like life leech/after kill. sounds more like player issue on your end than game balancing
13.) this is the first thing I actually agree with, but pretty sure this is already planned for sigma
14.) corpse spawning in town was a big change a season or two ago (maybe when 2017 released, I forget), so this may be planned already.

Docs:
1.) skill planner tool shows that
2.) Trophies can be found on the wiki
3.) old median site isn't being hosted anymore. I don't think you can just "delete" it. regardless, why are you going to old forum? that's years old now
4.) slow your roll. sigma has to be fully functional and prepared before trailers can be functional as well. this is already planned.
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks for quick reply.

Blast Wave skill was RED (unusable) for me and my friends. maybe it has some requirements that I do not know of.
Can you check if it works for you ?
zykoz
Banned
33 | 0
Taem wrote:
zykoz wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:Lol, don‘t get trolled by someone who thinks a definition isn‘t definite.

Just neg that troll and let‘s move on with our lifes. Not like the devs would implement something like that anyway lol

Telepathy the supposed communication of thoughts or ideas by means other than the known senses

^^ supposed as in made up or not real. There is no definitive definition for something made up or not known to be real and at the present fictional. Read a book *****.

Stop going off topic with insulting negative comments about something you have no terms or constructive criticism. I've never slandered anyone in offense.

I'd like to chime in here. You claim you never slandered anyone, yet in your very first response to some non-slandering criticism, you say, "Your negative opinion is really close-minded; i.e Diablo 2 has so many little nuances that you would most likely miss because the way you assert yourself; from the looks of it, you just glance over every realm of possibility with negative content." So, your telling this person they are close minded AND imply they assert themselves in an aggressive manner, very presumptive of you.

Regarding the map, there was a hack back in the day called Farsight which allowed you to see way ahead; you'd dock yourself then move your screen around with the arrow keys as if you were actually moving, but your character remained stationary. You could use it to cast spells beyond the normal range because it moved 'where' you could click. Very, very much cheating. Not to mention seeing where the monsters are in the map... L2P.

"I've never slandered anyone in offense." ~zykoz "You claim you never slandered anyone" ~Taem /Don't forget the parameters which I've said that phrase. god**** r****d
Glow-Worm
Bone Archer
76 | 3
Is there a reason Zykoz still exists in Median?
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
yep, to remind us that his weaponized stupidity is both wondrous and terrible to behold, and comes in colors too, nice of him to highlight it for us.