Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
thanosdk
Rust Claw
85 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
What I would like to see a lot is running and defense workng together, there is a mod that makes that already, kinda managed to make it work with median xl so far, I had to tweak some things but this could be a nice feature, no pickup as a toggle either by the dll or the launcher is also something that could be nice.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
If your defense rating worked with running, why would there even be a point to toggle to walking? There already exist builds that are more suited for running vs walking. If you make defense work with both, then walking might as well be removed entirely.
thanosdk
Rust Claw
85 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
L H wrote:If your defense rating worked with running, why would there even be a point to toggle to walking? There already exist builds that are more suited for running vs walking. If you make defense work with both, then walking might as well be removed entirely.

Its a point of perspective, I found walking useless as a mechanic alltogether, but that's me, some people like to pickup gold as well, heh, its auto picked up now.. so you really need to understand, mxl is a custom game by itself, so it wont change something so big when you realize what it already changed so far.

Anyway, I'm just suggesting.
Serge91
Thunder Beetle
52 | 0
Rishab wrote:
Serge91 wrote:I just read this thread: viewtopic.php?p=123547#p123547

Maybe making charms unsellable to NPC could solve the problem? Is this possible to do?

Probably not, but to be fair it is his own fault so people just need to be careful.

Yeah i know. I put them always at the right side of the inventory but still... shit can happen.
I think that charms should at least be rebuyable. This way you are punished wasting ton of money to rebuy it, without making it too harsh since money at a certain point is irrilevant (at least in SP, dunno in the realm).
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Serge91 wrote:
Rishab wrote:
Serge91 wrote:I just read this thread: viewtopic.php?p=123547#p123547

Maybe making charms unsellable to NPC could solve the problem? Is this possible to do?

Probably not, but to be fair it is his own fault so people just need to be careful.

Yeah i know. I put them always at the right side of the inventory but still... shit can happen.
I think that charms should at least be rebuyable. This way you are punished wasting ton of money to rebuy it, without making it too harsh since money at a certain point is irrilevant (at least in SP, dunno in the realm).

Why don't charms appear in the miscellaneous tab? That's bizarre.

(Of course it's likely that the OP just already filled the merchant's misc tab...in that case, caveat venditor)
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Dude Love wrote:Why don't charms appear in the miscellaneous tab? That's bizarre.

Charms have an item value of 0 or so, none of these items ever appears in the vendors tap.
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Nitz wrote:
Dude Love wrote:Why don't charms appear in the miscellaneous tab? That's bizarre.

Charms have an item value of 0 or so, none of these items ever appears in the vendors tap.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the term 'item value' (I've played with d2 modding a bit but my memory's hazy) you could just like bump it up to the same as oils, mystic orbs, and shit like that, yeah? The only explanation I can have for item value of 0 is so that you can guarantee their drop but I'm pretty sure that's an item-type thing not item value

Or if Item Value is like the base value for the item couldn't the item value be 1 and, as long as the hidden affix that gives them traits is one and not several affixes, couldn't you just make the value added by that affix be zero? (Again could be full of shit on how this works)
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Being able to buy back charm would be weird, like u sell a charm, did it again in same game so now u have the charm in inventory, now u try to buy back the charm, do vendors suppose to say "u cant buy this item" now? Its just bad over all so, no this will never be done.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
It is irrelevant anyway, didn't the new inv in Sigma have it's own section for charms? Or was it for cycles only...
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I really wish there is method to reward non-hard core or casual players.
Lets try to see some ideas from other games:

1. Daily reward
Basically a method that required player to keep login every day to unlock bonus. It can be in form of daily quest, daily login bonus or first win of the day. Best way to implement in Median would be something like "400% exp and 400% MF for first hour or first game you created". Additionally if we tied in those bonus to the game rather than player, then you can add more social aspect of the game. I know it can be abused by creating multiple account / characters, but this is just a starting point.

2. Uber specific treasure class
Different than bias, basically you various different type of uber for different type of base item. Kinda like duncraig is bias for sacred item, but wouldnt it be nice if you can add more reason for people to spent more time in other forgetable uber so they will have reason / less struggle during early - mid transition. Im talking about khalimgrad, bremmtown, DP, CoF, IM, RS, CoV etc, something like, you will find more sword / dagger / 2hand sword in this uber, or something like you likely to find boot, belt and glove in this uber. It doesnt need to have quality bias, but enough for people that wanted to find specific piece for base item of their craft (we need to give more reason for people to farm more base item)

3. More cube recipe using uber ingredient
As you all know, all ubercharm have carry1 property and most of them can be used for lottery recipe. But again, it high random chance type of recipe and designed for people with lots of time to farm and grinding more base item. What we add more recipe for player progression that doesnt required too much time and effort but not abuse-able by god-tier player.

I dont have any idea atm aside from character orb as customizeable uber charm for player where they can easily reset by dropping them and find a new one. Idea would something like 115 req level + 1 level req per transmute with other uber charm, upgrade-able until 125 (that give incentive for player to push level).

Another type probably something like treating them like MO or "imbue specific gear slot with unique power". It will be something along the line of "5% celerity on struck" for boot, "50% MF and GF but -1k defense" on helm etc. It shouldnt be more powerful than lottery or lucky upgrade, but unique enough so player can play around during grinding phase.

4. Junk Lottery recipe
Now that catalyst of destruction of recipe is removed (because so many people have lost their set / SU),we need a recipe that allowed to destroy object but reward player at the same time. Additionally, because there are so much runes, gems clutter on the ground, we gonna use it as ingredient for this junk lottery recipe. It should be something like: Any rune x 3 + Any perfect gems x 3 + Any item x 3 -> Some sort of reward.

Im not sure what level should the reward will be (signet seem too much, arcane shards seem kinda too cheap) but probably something a lot of the line of "random shard quality", normal / greater signet of gold or experience, random potion (the one made with perfect gem) or just 1 signet of learning.

Im not sure how many cube lines need to be added though, but basically it reward people that stop by slowly and collect junk and clean them up. Imagine if you have multiple team member dedicated for cleaning while you yourself farming the uber.