Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide

I propose to bring assassin back to her former glamor and add that skills to her trees.

The Psychic Scream is constantly balancing on every ladder and always fails due to the inaccessible experience (and Black Road Challange requisities) and endless spell timer duration.
The Psychic Scream is a strange alternate Way of the Raven, which allowed the assassin to inflict all types of damage simultaneously, making it a fantastic and playable character. The remnants of the Way of the Raven are the rune words from the highest regiment, thanks to which the "senseless" Raven Flight took on meaning (using Premeditation gave this excellent area effect damage.)

Do not get angry, but I think the assassin is too focused on caster trees nowadays, with the Tiefling form, while the changes in the build have hurt those that rely on Premeditation and dealing a cold damage (or each type of dmg same time). I miss these two passive skills instead of which we have a weird and useless Psychic Scream and astonishing all new Medianers, "senseless" remnants of these skills in runic words and other items.

So, is there any Median XL Sigma plans to restore Premeditation and Way of the Raven?
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
► Show Spoiler

Answering to the assassin topic, I don't think assassin is focused on caster tree. A more accurate thing to say would be ''it's just the meta''. In the XVI i'm still going for nagisin > ATMG/Wyrd > Throw/Caster depending on the uber. But for reasons of commodity and ''flashy points'' people go Limpet/Bombs because it's the meta/easiest path.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
@darkstorm no.

psychic scream is very useful. put a few points in it and you'll see you can get a zero spell timer. or like .2 seconds or something nearly endless. Simply adding more damage doesn't make a class good. The game becomes mindless and "how much damage can I get?" instead of "what strategy makes this build work the best against this boss or that uberlevel?"

Also. "Black Road Challenge requisites" is a pretty silly statement to make. It's not too difficult of a challenge to complete, even as a new player.
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Somnus, well, the multiplicity of builds based on this character does not explain the lack of two basic skills that I postpone. This does not explain their absence and the meaningless Psychic Scream. Do you know any build based on Psychic Scream at the moment?

LH1, I think you either did not play the assassin long enough or you use Psychic Scream very often. In the last ladder spell timer was above four seconds, with a set of charms and minigames done.
Atm it is above seven seconds (7.8 particulary). Both values are based on the assumption that this great skill does not require "a few", but the maximum skill points you can invest in.

This skill is meaningless as opposed to Premeditation and Way of the Raven.
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Psychic Scream is fine.

If you wanna change sin, change the corpse teleport noone ever used and twin fang strike (which deals no damage).
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i did play sin this ladder to get all ubercharms and her cold spell dmg is fine, she does not need way of the raven to buff it and phase bomb is superior for many bosses at this point either way. in terms of melee i think it might give assassin too much power and if she has tri ele dmg it becomes a lot like dragonlore, which is redundant game design (feel free to disagree on that, if you have a good argument to repeat similar mechanic in this case)
psychic scream to be fair needs a lot of skill points, like 16 or 18 for 0.2s timer this ladder, and even though its not a skill that sees much use it can be useful not as a main skill but as a utility skill. this ladder i used it in the cow level and it was helpful for that. didnt try it for cov but it might be useful there as well. either way to be fair its a niche kind of skill, but its not useless. honestly though assassin isnt the strongest char but shes still decent for many things.
premeditation looks nice but it seems better to change spell timers on skills rather than having a passive thats a skill point sink
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
darkstorm wrote:Somnus, well, the multiplicity of builds based on this character does not explain the lack of two basic skills that I postpone. This does not explain their absence and the meaningless Psychic Scream. Do you know any build based on Psychic Scream at the moment?

LH1, I think you either did not play the assassin long enough or you use Psychic Scream very often. In the last ladder spell timer was above four seconds, with a set of charms and minigames done.
Atm it is above seven seconds (7.8 particulary). Both values are based on the assumption that this great skill does not require "a few", but the maximum skill points you can invest in.

This skill is meaningless as opposed to Premeditation and Way of the Raven.

I think you're being very blunt in your observations and don't fully understand the usefulness of making enemies run away briefly from a character with very low defense and life.

The game is more strategic with fragile characters. You can't just run in and faceroll every mob. You need to approach strategically. For example: Melee/Nagisins often put a lot of points into blink to get it on a lower timer so they can blink into a mob, stun it, and attack. For Psychic Scream, use it to clear a space around you to prepare whatever attack you have, or use it self-defensively as a crowd control tactic.

Open your thoughts up a bit. You're comparing ... 1.f9 to MXL Ultimative?

My point is, just because you don't use the skill, doesn't mean it's useless for every assassin.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Amen.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
there's a reason why some skills get removed in the first place.
Alsu_5
Vampiress
36 | 1
LH1 wrote:My point is, just because you don't use the skill, doesn't mean it's useless for every assassin.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^