Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
void, i got ssin this ladder and really spell timer of Psychic Scream is 7.8 seconds.

Somnus, you do not understand me. I did not postulate to create a character from the 'one hit everything' series with assassin. I have played assassin for a long time in Median XL and I know that it is the toughest form to master because of its unique abilities, requiring skill and cunning. Assassin has never been a sorceress, no need for colossal damage. You probably had the chance to meet me at Sin War, where I played assassin, who was in the upper 800s (800k, but just 800) of ATMG damage, and using proc skills and additional effects like crushing blow, open wounds or oskills like banish, she was able to handle most of the uberquest, farming and pvp. Seriously, I do not need a lecture on "Strategic Thinking While Choosing a Psychic Scream", I just need an explaination why it is so wrong.

Is it really impossible to replace this quirk with something of value?

Somnus, you are accusing me of comparing the current Median XL with v.1f9b. Well, I have reasons for this, because some things were better there, especially when it comes to assassins. As you have noticed, the assassin is a "fragile" character, hence it took four Ways to handle most uberquests.It was once the charm of it that despite its shortcomings (low damage, low defense, low health, ect.) was able to cope under all conditions.
Instead, we now have "screamassin" or rather "fleeing assassin" with a useless skill. Sorry, but in 1f9b it was good to do Black Road Challagne for those 800-1000 additional cold damage, now I do not need it, and even having BRC done I do not use Psychic Scream because it is unplayable.

Marco, do I understand that the endless misery of the Psychic Scream will end with the advent of the MXL2017?
robinro
Azure Drake
162 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
when we are ranting about sin skills, i wanna add batstrike.

i cant imagine that anyone is using that skill, because the downsides are so massive. if there is actually anything good about that i havent seen then tell me pls.

biggest problem for me is that it is slow as fuck and you have to do a normal attack afterwards (maybe you can make it so that any melee attack is triggering the effect, not only a normal attack?). so you cant really use it for its dmgspreading wdm values since its just too slow, even though it has a nice multiplier.
summons are nice and all, especially since they benefit from perfect being and ways, but its too much a hassle to summon them all through hitting. (maybe make them more powerful and give them some kind of active/passive ability but limit them to just a few?)
the charm part. i dont like how the charm mechanic in d2 works, since it hinders your clearspeed. in other games you can stil kill charm monsters or they convert again if you hit them, but actually waiting for the charm effect to wear off sucks big time. but maybe you could use the charm in some ubers one may think. but then again hitting 3+1 times to get a charm effect on a squishy as fuck char isnt really gonna work, imo.

what do you think about this skill?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
darkstorm wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Rather bring back the 80% avoid on perfect being!

But seriously, you have already 3 ways + lazor blade. Which means you basically have every single damage type except ice (including the physical damage of the weapon). But you don't need ice. I remember that it never really made a change so it would be only a skill you sink points in. But having nearly only passives to be useful is simply a boring character concept. Same goes for premeditation. It's better ever since it has been removed.

But I find it bad nowadays that even people on the forum say "never play sin untwinked" because I used to play assa first every ladder. I, too, want to bring back the glory of assa, but what you suggest is a step in the wrong way.
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
@Robinro Although I don't have much experience with the mxl sin, I have to admit that possibility to hit/kill charmed monsters is very interesting. I really like that idea.
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
HechtHeftig You have the right to think so. I think the assassin needs cold damage and Premeditation. As well as you, I am also looking forward to returning of the great assassin, unfortunately, I have to suffer (along with many players) "screamassin" (with other weird shortcomings), so that's a forum to talk about and that is why I raised the issue of assassin.

And btw assassin v.1F9B could not gain 80% avoidance. I also find it odd that such an interesting character must be dependent on Perfect Being (do you know any assassin build without Perfect Being?), but apparently enough we can afford.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Why do you keep bolding words like we can't understand the emphasis you're trying to make..?
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Marco wrote:there's a reason why some skills get removed in the first place.

who cares about the greater good, just give the man what he wants
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Tbh im pretty sure that all this is achieving at this point is that the more this guy keeps rambling the more ppl including the modder get annoyed
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
void wrote:Tbh im pretty sure that all this is achieving at this point is that the more this guy keeps rambling the more ppl including the modder get annoyed

Well in sigma thread it was annoying so i moved the posts here, let the rambling continue xD
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
darkstorm wrote:HechtHeftig You have the right to think so. I think the assassin needs cold damage and Premeditation. As well as you, I am also looking forward to returning of the great assassin, unfortunately, I have to suffer (along with many players) "screamassin" (with other weird shortcomings), so that's a forum to talk about and that is why I raised the issue of assassin.

And btw assassin v.1F9B could not gain 80% avoidance. I also find it odd that such an interesting character must be dependent on Perfect Being (do you know any assassin build without Perfect Being?), but apparently enough we can afford.

Concerning avoid: No there is no build without perfect being for the simple reason that assa has no skills that nhance tcd, so you need something to survive (a small range stun alone is not enough). You can either give assa the same tcd and make her the same as any other character, or you leave her with avoid, which doesn't only reduces the ctbh byphysical attacks, but also 1hit abilities.

Well, idc which patch made it possible to reach nearly 80% avoid, but in the past there once was that time. I was just making fun of what you said, because as marco already mentioned:
there's a reason why some skills get removed in the first place.

Just don't live in the past. But before that happens let's talk about it Once again.

just look at 1.F9b: You have 4 ways. + Premeditation + Perfect being. If you're bad you can max out 5 not-uberskills +1 uberskill. With 4 ways + premeditation + perfect being you already have at least 3 not-uberskills you want to max. If you want to have basically no cd at all, you will max or nearly max premeditation as well. Oh wait there's also QoB, which also needs around 10 points to reach the full potential. And you don't want blink to last only 1 second, so you put some points in there as well and.... you get what I'm trying to say? And I'm not even counting in all the possible +max skill levels, which makes skillpoints even more important.

Having less "must-have"-passives enables you to have more variety by maxing a skill you usually wouldn't. For example Broadside sin, where you have to smax broadside as well.

Ok I'll stop that stupid [b*][/b*] thingy now. Cause now I'm serious.

Why I'm still responding to you is the following reason: You say that assa is an interesting character. WHY do you want to make her more boring then, by taking away the variety? See, you are basically trying to get back into the game what you're disliking about perfect being. Yes, every single build on assa relies on perfect being. But that's exactly what every wdm build on assa does with the ways. And you want to add even another way. So you're basically annoyed by what you're suggesting to implement: a "must-have"-skill.

must-have skills aren't fun (as you have already noticed). They don't add anything to the game. So why add them to the game? It simply makes no sense.