Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
BlackZ
Pit Knight
111 | 5
I would suggest some unarmed feature:
[I'm really not sure if anyone would bother to read this too long and impractical post, but I hope at least this can bring a little joy to those who likes the idea of an Unarmed build :lol: ]

This suggestion aims at 3 classes: Assassin, Paladin and Barbarian
Skill tree Bare-handed Destruction:
Level 1: Martial Mastery - Passive:
[Disables weapon slot and attack spells]
3 attack range, 4 if maximum skill level is capped
+50 physical damage
+10% physical damage per level
+150 armor per character level
Level 6: Bare-handed warrior's wrath - Passive:
Attacks deal 100% splash damage and effect to all units within 3.4 range surrounding primary target
+10% attack speed (+2% per soft point)
+0.3 splash range per Martial Mastery hard point
Level 12: Thirst for Essence - Passive:
+10 life on striking in melee (then +5 for every hard point and 1 for every 2 character level)
Convert 50% of physical damage to lightning damage
5% chance to gain 50% base life leech when you kill an enemy
Level 18: Thunder steps - Active:
+60% faster run/walk speed
Unobstructed movement
15% chance to gain 50% attack speed for 2 second when you kill an enemy
+4.5% chance to avoid damage
+40% damage taken (-0.5% per hard point)
Level 24: Colossus's Fist - Active:
Convert 25% of physical damage to Fire damage
+20% fire damage (+2% per hard point)
-24% to enemy Fire resistance (Can break Heroic Shield but not mob immunity, +0.3% per hard point)
When affected targets are killed, surrounding unaffected units are stunned for 1.2 seconds
When affected targets are killed, gain 0.1% attack speed for each target killed for 1.2 seconds (+0.15% per hard point)
Uber Skill: Fist of Annihilation - Passive and Active:
Passive:
Ignore 17% of enemy chance to avoid damage
Ignore 20% of enemy damage reduction (+4% every hard point)
Total character defense plus 100% (+20% every hard point)
+1% chance to block
-100% to total attack rating
+88% chance to hit
Active: for 1.5 second
Ignore 50% of enemy chance to avoid damage
Ignore enemy damage reduction
Attacks always pierce
Lose 80% of your HP on cast
Cannot regenerate life
Cannot evade enemy attacks
-2% chance to block
All resistances become 80%

Related Item:
Herald Of Pure Destruction
Gauntlets (Sacred)

Armor: 1
Required Strength: 700
Required Dexterity: 700
Required Level: 100
Indestructible
Slows targets by 12%
+300 life
+10 life on striking in melee
+1000 physical damage when unarmed
+100% physical damage when unarmed
+3 splash range to unarmed attacks effect

Underlined mods are those I just changed
[EDITED 2 TIMES TOWARD BALANCE, EXPECTING A THOUSAND MORE TIMES... LOL]
Edited by BlackZ 7 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I think your skill ideas need reworked heavily. There's some things in there that are way too overpowered and/or unreasonable, like.. +.7 splash range per hard point in a mastery skill given at level 1, meaning you'll have about +22 yard range end game with that maxed. Seems a bit odd to punch someone with a fist and more than a screen-wide range of monsters take damage.

there's cool things but seemingly a lot of overpowered stuff as well.

Overall, you're about 90% physical damage besides the lvl 24 skill, which doesn't seem like enough to validate the loss of a weapon to make it Median-friendly in terms of dealing with mobs and bosses.
BlackZ
Pit Knight
111 | 5
LHawkins1 wrote:I think your skill ideas need reworked heavily. There's some things in there that are way too overpowered and/or unreasonable, like.. +.7 splash range per hard point in a mastery skill given at level 1, meaning you'll have about +22 yard range end game with that maxed. Seems a bit odd to punch someone with a fist and more than a screen-wide range of monsters take damage.

there's cool things but seemingly a lot of overpowered stuff as well.

Overall, you're about 90% physical damage besides the lvl 24 skill, which doesn't seem like enough to validate the loss of a weapon to make it Median-friendly in terms of dealing with mobs and bosses.

Thanks for your quick response :D , I was expecting balancing suggestions too, because I'm almost a blind when it comes to game mechanics :mrgreen: , and unarmed stuffs is another ton of confusion for me :lol:
The core idea I want to convey is great AoE and elemental damage to compensate for the lack of an SU, SSU, SSSU or an endgame runeword in our hand, attack range and speed for high clear speed to make surviving a bit easier, and super buff together with huge debuff with the uber skill to make it more risky and rewarding.
Overall, the stats I aimed at was 200k-250k combined damage per hit and about 3-4 attacks per second, a little heroic shield breaker, two double-edged buffs that kills both sides, and attacks with AoE a little wider than Naginata's (the area is created by a shockwave released by our punch :lol:)
Are these endgame targets acceptable? Any suggestions shall be appreciated :D
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I think to make it a viable skill tree/build, new items would have to be brought into play, like punching gauntlets or brass knuckles or something to give it more credibility.

Not to make you feel useless, but I don't think it'll be brought in to concept. Ideas are usually interesting to see how people think though, so maybe.
BlackZ
Pit Knight
111 | 5
Yeah as I said in the post above I really wasn't expecting any consideration for implementation :lol:, I just thought it would be fun to make a new idea so at least it can entertain people who like fresh changes to the game :D
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Barbarian with unarmed skill tree changed name to One Punch Man
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
this reminds me of an old HC contest "naked challange" many years ago, where you could only equip rings and amulet , then see who makes it further . summoners/charm based builds could beat destruction with just that .
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Give us facebreakers from path of exile ty
dlamica99
Jungle Hunter
28 | 1
Fix act 3 town set up. there is a tree that block view of ormus. the mer npc annoying to get to to much trees in the way and alkor is to far out. bring it closer.

some of the sorc skill need to be revamp. i do like the skill effect on most of them. but tke cold tree. the abyss skill should be fix. worthless skill just because u have to kill mob wtih the outer ring of skill. i would remove shatter the flesh and put in something ese. its a pointless skill to learn for your first skill in the skill tree. frigid spare would have been a better firsts skill.

fix the sin trap skill tree. traps dont last long enough. that limp skil only works if u have view and must be stuck on wall. completely useless in open area with no wall to stick them. that trap form needs to be revamp or remove it.

reduce the cost of mana needed to cast the earlier skill or give us more starting mana.

would love a npc that will if u talk to them will tell u cube recipes instead of alt tabing to view on doc. also would like to give a destions on what items do when u hover over them. as in all of the oils do.

find a better way to transfer items between all your toons or get plugy to work. if u do this then u can remove the muilti account issue.
maybe a chest that is just for account use. i would love to see a big room with like 5 or 10 chest that we can store items into.

make some charm available in terror that will help us with destruction.

make the reanimate work probably. i have lots spider creepers i think and they dont atk at all. they just roam around even in the cow arean. the cows dont even target the reanimate nor do they tank.

reduce the amount of str and dex requirements on wearing armor. like for real. a lvl 30 armor that needs 600 dex. yea that is impossible to wear.

also whole stats need to be balance i shouldn't have to stick all my stats into str and dex and lose my synergy with my skills that need engery. yea may be able to respec end game once u have 100% charms and trophy earned. by then its pointless u did all the work already. maybe give us either more stats points to work with or make it so each 10 lvl u get a bonus of +10 to each atb.

There are to many charms in game.if u get all charms it take up more than half of your storage space. it would be cool if u just made a cube or a extra box just for these charms to store them and still get the bonus from them.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
dlamica99 wrote:fix the sin trap skill tree. traps dont last long enough. that limp skil only works if u have view and must be stuck on wall. completely useless in open area with no wall to stick them. that trap form needs to be revamp or remove it.

They don't have to last they have to explode - 0 fuse time would be imba. The view thing on limpet is ok. What really needs to be fixed is that you need to have a direct line of vision to an enemy when you cast phase bomb. If you cast it behind a door go in and it fuses NOBODY will be phased. That makes no sense at all.