Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
zykoz
Banned
33 | 0
notforkeeps wrote:Ok. So in this example there is a xis rune 50m away from character due north. Now is that due north from the character perspective or the players perspective. Meaning should I head in the direction of the arrow or game north? Also theres no arrow indicating which direction akara is in, I assume it is south, but same question: South as in straight down, or game south which is different because of the orientation of the environment.

If you are too stupid to not be able to use a minimap like all Top Down RPG players of the era in which this game was actually made than you have alot more to worry about than contriving ass ideas that are half baked as best. If you think it is easy to code, then take D2 , open the source code for the engine and add code to it. Show how simple and innovative it would be, but for real. Not weak sauce Paint screencaps that look like they were made by a 3rd grader.

lol QQ. i think the beacon idea is better nn north south west east.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
zykoz wrote:
► Show Spoiler

heres a shitty example of what i mean

Cute. Now here's a shitty example of how it would really look during an average run.

There's already too much screen clutter in Median. Nn to have a dozen beacons flashing on-screen, too.
zykoz
Banned
33 | 0
Edited by zykoz 5 years.
zykoz
Banned
33 | 0
Also note that those beacons for items are already being implementing i think? They just might be like a light beam like diablo 3.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
800x600 -> 1024x768 is not a big increase, especially for everything you're proposing. Not to mention that I scaled down the icons to approximately match an 800x600 screen resolution. So your point about resolution is invalid. It also doesn't change the fact that there's already too much screen clutter, so much so that the devs are actively working to reduce it. The mock-up I posted (which you replaced in your comment when you quoted me) was a P1 game. Imagine how much worse this would be in a P8+ game when all players are in the same area (e.g. a boss fight).

The only thing you've suggested that might be helpful without being obnoxious is an easier way to locate players other than hunting for them via minimap. That's actually a good idea, imo.

And seriously, don't replace people's pics with your own when you quote them. Not only does it make it harder for other people to follow the conversation, it's just a dick move.
zykoz
Banned
33 | 0
Solfege wrote:800x600 -> 1024x768 is not a big increase, especially for everything you're proposing. Not to mention that I scaled down the icons to approximately match an 800x600 screen resolution. So your point about resolution is invalid. It also doesn't change the fact that there's already too much screen clutter, so much so that the devs are actively working to reduce it. The mock-up I posted (which you replaced in your comment when you quoted me) was a P1 game. Imagine how much worse this would be in a P8+ game when all players are in the same area (e.g. a boss fight).

The only thing you've suggested that might be helpful without being obnoxious is an easier way to locate players other than hunting for them via minimap. That's actually a good idea, imo.

And seriously, don't replace people's pics with your own when you quote them. Not only does it make it harder for other people to follow the conversation, it's just a dick move.

"It also doesn't change the fact that there's already too much screen clutter" Loolllllll screen clutter but yet they made the HP/Mana Globes bigger. BTW it would make less screen clutter and be more interactive and visceral. NN to hold Alt to with a screen full of TEXT on top of Minimap clutter. Use your brain.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Adding in a bunch of obnoxious beacons floating all over the screen just to satisfy the goldfish attention spans of the CoD kiddies makes less screen clutter? You're right, my brain can't do the mental gymnastics required to dip into a level of retardation where that makes sense. Oh well. Congrats, though. I think you've just alienated the last person willing to entertain your terrible ideas. Be well.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Why is everyone still entertaining the cockmonger who goes the extra mile of insulting anyone who answers to him with criticism about his shit ideas?

Shoo brah. You were a good meme but your ideas are still crap, cant you take a fuckin hint?
zykoz
Banned
33 | 0
Solfege wrote:Adding in a bunch of obnoxious beacons floating all over the screen just to satisfy the goldfish attention spans of the CoD kiddies makes less screen clutter? You're right, my brain can't do the mental gymnastics required to dip into a level of retardation where that makes sense. Oh well. Congrats, though. I think you've just alienated the last person willing to entertain your terrible ideas. Be well.

Yes, it would make less screen clutter because you can see your teammates without using the mini-map. + You wont need to hold alt 24/7 to see the items you want on the ground you just simply click the icon instead(ability to disable light beacons and just have an icon instead). And plus maybe your forgetting all of these things would be toggle-able(feature sub-settings check-boxes) whether you want to see teammates, or drop filtered items, or portals; quest portals. Also I would make it so you can dismiss certain party members so you don't see their icon when your in a different zone(if they are in a different act it won't show those entity icons); as well if you don't want to pick up a certain item that is on your drop filter you can simply dismiss it.
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
What about having counter on very hard uber charms?
So, after killing astrogha, kabraxis, etc we get swirlies. If we cube the charm the swirlies will gone and the counter increase. After counter reach ten or x, we will get the trophy.
It just horror not getting their trophy after 10+ tries.