Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Change "Heroic Strength" of mers to match their main attribute: "Heroic Dexterity" for act1&2 mers, and "Heroic Energy" for act3 mers.
Act5 mers just benefit too much from Heroic Strength.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
What is this "heroic" part?

a3 mercs already benefit from energy and energy factor. all mercs do. a1 merc uses dex for damage bonus, same as a bowzon, etc.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Aero wrote:What is this "heroic" part?

a3 mercs already benefit from energy and energy factor. all mercs do. a1 merc uses dex for damage bonus, same as a bowzon, etc.

Heroic Strength gives all mers (effect increase with higher strength)
-Enhanced weapon damage
-Absurb regeneration (notice how act 5 mars never lose HP?)
-Energy factor to spell damage

\\
Heroic Strength

Per strength point: Enhanced Weapon Damage +1%
Per strength point: Regenerate Life +1
Per strength point: +0.25 Energy Factor to Spell Damage
\\

Act5 mers use a Sword that get increased damage with Strength. We just have to build Strength for him, and he benefit for Heroic Strength as well.
ACt1 mers use Bow andACt2 mers use Spear (and throwing javelin) that increase damage with Dexterity , and dexterity give nothing more than weapon damage.
Act3 mers doesn't use weapon, we can increase his spell damage with more Energy, but it only increase his spell damage and nothing else.

>>This is why you heard rumors about why Act 5 mers rule all, in fact, they rule most of the time (other mers can shine in specific area, but they are just inferior compare with act 5 mers).
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
well.. saying they are inferior is 100% opinion. I actually highly prefer a2 over all, but I'm not going to say they're flat out the best. It's just what generally fits my preferred style.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Heroic Strength clearly favors STR-based mercs over DEX-based ones, but most mercs are generally fine as they are.

Rogues are really the only ones that could use some love. They can be made decent with the right gear, but they don't really bring much to the table. They're both offensively and defensively weaker than other mercs, so there's really no reason to choose them besides personal preference or summoners/reanimators making use of Priestess' Vindicate. IMO, they could use a survivability boost. Or at the very least, the Ranger could use a big offensive boost and the Priestess a survivability boost. Wouldn't say no to Perfect Being replacing Defensive Harmony.
Asmus01
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Suggestion:
Make it possible to have stances on left click skill
ggkmike
Destroyer
6 | 0
Asmus01 wrote:Suggestion:
Make it possible to have stances on left click skill

bump
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Aero wrote:well.. saying they are inferior is 100% opinion. I actually highly prefer a2 over all, but I'm not going to say they're flat out the best. It's just what generally fits my preferred style.

Do you know that Act5 mers DOUBLE HIT with his attack?
(You can notice that his Thunder Slam is bigger than yours, why? Reason: he double Thunder Slam, and double every attack)
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
choosing a merc simply for damage? so narrow minded. if I wanted pure dps, I would go for a3 merc anyways, no comparison. I prefer a2 for tank and cc setup
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Aero wrote:choosing a merc simply for damage? so narrow minded. if I wanted pure dps, I would go for a3 merc anyways, no comparison. I prefer a2 for tank and cc setup

The double hit feature combine with certain gears will proc alot of useful stuff, that can be used as buff, heal, debuff, not just damage bro. Narrow minded? We should take care of our own problem before criticizing others.. Cheers.