Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Mehasto
Balrog
123 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I'm sure the likes of Marco, Whist and Suchbalance have been eagerly waiting for it, so here's a list of what would make this amazing mod even better to me:

1. TG system embedded into the gameplay itself. I'm imagining a system where I find for example an
Dyers Eve
Dyers Eve
Amulet

Required Level: 100
Item Level: 120
5% Chance to cast level 5 Time Strike on Striking
+2 to All Skills
Adds 15-20 Damage
5% Life stolen per Hit
Elemental Resists +10%
Physical Resist (1 to 10)%
and I don't need it myself, so I put it on sale for 20 tg. By doing so, I surrender the item to a pool of saleable items and I can no longer use it. Later, someone wants to buy the amu, he/she can see the stats and the price, click accept - and the tg transfer is done. As a seller I can modify the price or take it out of the salespool if I so desire.

2. Include d2stats drop-notifications feature in the game. It'd be awesome to have a menu to select which items to get notifications for within the game - for each char as the needed notifications change over time.

3. An Uber-progress monitor, listing the ubers with location, (level req) and charm stats (possible and yours), trophy. And in stead of having the charms as items in a stash, they are shown in the uber-progress monitor screen. I think this could make it a fair bit easier for noobs like myself to keep track of where to go next and keep setting new goals.

4. A optional sidebar showing a list of your (online) friends when you're in town, to easily connect with them
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Anonymous: wrote:The downside of body in town - drastic decrease in learning curve. In most cases you spam tp around boss, go in with your best damage skill and hit once. Die and recover. Repeat until profit.

just give every boss 100% ctc inner fire on kill
johnnxiv
Acid Prince
48 | 0
Anonymous: wrote:The downside of body in town - drastic decrease in learning curve. In most cases you spam tp around boss, go in with your best damage skill and hit once. Die and recover. Repeat until profit.

Run to get corpse is very challenging in uber maps. Make the game more challenging.

No offend, but if you can't run back and successfully pick up your corpse, you shouldn't play Median in the first place.
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
johnnxiv wrote:

Run to get corpse is very challenging in uber maps. Make the game more challenging.

No offend, but if you can't run back and successfully pick up your corpse, you shouldn't play Median in the first place.

Median XL has become a very different feeling game from previous versions. Omega for example feels incredibly difficult since I've gotten used to 2017. However, I don't believe this is a "problem" as 2017 is probably more difficult in my opinion than XVI or XVc. It's a lot harder to become godlike than those versions before the damage/balance re-work. Personally I find it less fun, but I love the Quality of life changes 2017 introduced. Just not a fan of the re-balancing.

I feel like the re-balancing was turned to the extremes, and I feel like there should be a better middle setting.
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
Bring back the old duncraig with the gaps in the walls.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
I have suggestion regarding exping on realm.
Things I found playign few ladders:
It is really annoying concept, that when you are at certain way to the next level (higher level the worse it gets), that you can't stop exping. For example you feel like doing something else, farm some boss. Instead you have to finish exping, and after you are done, you are free to die million times on some boss. But if you wanted to do it before you hit next level, its gonna drain your exp to 0.
There is really no point to have exp penalty in the game. It just forces you to run certain content over and over, locks you to it.
One of side effect is also fairly dead ladder board, because people who are in there, even those who play a lot, if they play normally, that is farm items, and change that to farm charms (die a lot), to not get bored, these people don't progress, their exp keeps being reset. With no exp penalty there could potentially be better competition in race to 125. Or in general have this leaderboard and see who just farmed a lot each season, beacuse exp would constantly build up, no matter what you did in the game, as long as you played. Ofc someone who commits to optimal exping will still get ahead, but at least other ppl will not be irrelevant.

Currently all exp penalty for death does, is just kills variety in what you can do with your char when you are leveling. It doesn't make anything harder, it just restraints you to run certain content. And especially in higher levels, amount of grind increases, and it is really boring to be forced to run same content, without option of occasional change of pace.
SnakekillerX
Cultist
20 | 3
Idea for a new charm.

Its basically a rework of the Catalyst of Destruction, as it is currently pretty basic, and kind of uninteresting in the current form.
The Catalyst of Destruction would be replaced by a charm called "The Devourer". This charm is actually a living creature/demon with an endless, though sometimes picky appetite.

Similar to the Catalyst of Destruction, it will have the destroy items cube recipe, however any items destroyed in this case are actually fed to The Devourer.

The charm could either drop off of a Super Unique, or have a low chance to drop from regular enemies.
The Devourer doesn't grant you anything extra by default, but the demon can be fed to increase its power which will grant you some benefits as it grows.

1st State: (Level 0 - Hungry)

Name: The Devourer
    Orange Text: This strange demon has an endless, yet sometimes picky appetite.
    Yellow Text: Cube the demon with items to increase its power.
    White Text: Keep in inventory to Gain Bonus
    White Text: Required Level: ??
    White Text: Power Level: 0
    Blue Text: +20 Hungry for Anything
    Blue Text: +0 Digested

Feeding The Devourer items will add -1 from Hungry for Anything until it reaches 0. (feed the devourer 20 items, they can be anything)
It will also add +1 to Digested until it reaches 20 (shows how many items it has eaten in total)

2nd State: (Level 0 - Craving)

Yellow Text: The demon will no longer eat until it's craving is satisfied.
    White Text: Power Level: 0
    Blue Text: +0 Hungry for Anything
    Blue Text: +20 Digested
    Red Text: The Devourer hungers for an Arcane Crystal.

The Devourer will no longer eat/destroy items until it is fed an Arcane Crystal.

3rd State: (Level 1 - Hungry)

Yellow Text: Cube the demon with items to increase its power.
    White Text: Power Level: 1
    Blue Text: +20 Hungry for Magic
    Blue Text: +20 Digested
    Blue Text: +5 to all resistances

The Devourer can continue to be fed as normal (in the last example he will only take Magic items to increase progress) until the next threshold, where again he will ask for a certain item to continue progress and unlock the next reward. Rewards can range from being vague (any sword) to being very specific (unique jewel).

The items which provide progress towards the next level may change as The Devourer's power level increases.
It may start out gaining power from any item, but as it gets stronger it will want better and better items, and have much more valuable cravings. (corner stone of the world jewel)

I suggested this to Whist a while back when he was working on whist mod.. but here it is again.
Also, I've stated that the devourer will stop eating until it's cravings are met, but perhaps he can continue eating, it will just halt progression towards it's next power level until the craving is met, at which point it will resume as normal. Extra items fed during the craving period do not count towards power level progress however.
brassmuffler
Sasquatch
65 | 2
To reiterate, got to 121 last ladder, most boring experience in mxl ever. Around half way I wanted to give up but pushed on so I didn't feel my time was totally wasted. Not a mechanic that makes the game fun, nor does it make you feel a sense of accomplishment really, just a bit icky to have sunk so much time into grinding xp.
brassmuffler
Sasquatch
65 | 2
Diablo 3 style individual drops to encourage party play. One of the few things I liked from D3. It may not be an easy rework but would be great for coop with strangers and help get new folks to the mod integrated into the community.
Mehasto
Balrog
123 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
brassmuffler wrote:To reiterate, got to 121 last ladder, most boring experience in mxl ever. Around half way I wanted to give up but pushed on so I didn't feel my time was totally wasted. Not a mechanic that makes the game fun, nor does it make you feel a sense of accomplishment really, just a bit icky to have sunk so much time into grinding xp.

Fully agree with this. It's okay to have a somewhat stretched target, but getting to 86M is just too much for semi-casual player. About half of that would be fine.