Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Jampula wrote:It is irrelevant anyway, didn't the new inv in Sigma have it's own section for charms? Or was it for cycles only...

It was suppose to be a thing but nothing wqs stopping chars from putting items in that part of inv, and also its freaking stupid that a big part of ur inv will be unusable until late game so no separate partition in inv for anything
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Check how they fixed it in path of diablo.

I believe whist already post image with charm slots in one of the sigma screenshot thread.
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
median is not a casual game (like a third of the ubers/monsters are literally bullet hell games), and players who don't play it very often shouldn't get as much bonuses as players that play it more lol thats dumb
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
the suggestion is literally trying "to force player to play one hour per day" maybe.
hardcode grinder still have their bonus after first hour is finished.

it kinda to offset, "fuk this, i spent hours farming and im unlucky with no good drop"
yeah hardcore player dont have problem optimizing build to farm fauzt / TA / duncraig faster, this idea was to bridge the gap.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Rishab wrote:It was suppose to be a thing but nothing wqs stopping chars from putting items in that part of inv, and also its freaking stupid that a big part of ur inv will be unusable until late game so no separate partition in inv for anything

Item cannot be traded here

How about that for charms?
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Separated inventory section for cycles was going to be implemented, in order to greatly increase the inventory's grid space and keeping cycles balanced at the same time. This feature has been canceled, at least for the initial patch, in order to cut into dev time. I'm also unsure whether cycles as is are staying or not.

Disabling charms from being sold can be done easily. Also the fact that it cannot be bought back, if I remember correctly, was related to a potential dupe exploit from older patches. Same reason why runewords and a few other items "criteria" cannot be bought back from vendors (they're deleted right away when sold). Blizzard always had the bad habit to just disable the technique used to triggeer the bug, rather than fixing the bug itself, which led to multiple same dupe exploits coming back with just different techniques used to achieve them. 1.13d+ patch for example has been plagued with dupe bugs relying on a bug in the code that handles "busy state".
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
whist wrote:. . .Disabling charms from being sold can be done easily. Also the fact that it cannot be bought back, if I remember correctly, was related to a potential dupe exploit from older patches. . .

Shows how lame I am, the only dupe exploit I ever knew was the classic desync + crash the server during a server save

Also, why doesn't Solar Flare's duration scale?????? I might actually play Dragon Knight if it did
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I would like to see charms disappear and be replaced by a page of passives that you unlock, it's pretty much the same but more free space in the inventory.

I would love if trophies were not given out randomly but for certain achievements like - do X uber in under 3 minutes // do it without dying // do it solo
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Nitz wrote:I would love if trophies were not given out randomly but for certain achievements like - do X uber in under 3 minutes // do it without dying // do it solo

Less RNG, more skill-based. I agree with this in most cases (apart from things like akarat since that's generally an instant kill for a lot of builds).
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Nitz wrote:I would like to see charms disappear and be replaced by a page of passives that you unlock, it's pretty much the same but more free space in the inventory.

I disagree because in my opinion this will cut a big chunk of end-game longevity. But I'm all in for smaller charms or the possibility to cube them.

L H wrote:
Nitz wrote:I would love if trophies were not given out randomly but for certain achievements like - do X uber in under 3 minutes // do it without dying // do it solo

Less RNG, more skill-based. I agree with this in most cases (apart from things like akarat since that's generally an instant kill for a lot of builds).

I agree.