Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Talking about minimap notifications, that's what I did for myself back in the days. It might not be the best possible variation of how it should look but that's what I came with. It's simple and doesn't clutter the screen in my opinion but to each their own, someone might find this obnoxious.

► Show Spoiler

It barely require any coding for someone who's somewhat familiar with d2 engine.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
fiodorson wrote:My suggestion that would help new players A LOT:

Open Dark Portal automatically.

Dark portal levels are one of the most important yet confusing mechanics in the game. There is no tip for the player that the swirl means you have to use a skill from that one item that drops from that boss in destruction. It's especially hard for people that can't really read English, so for a lot of players from central/east Europe and Asia.
I read English and still, when I first encountered it I thought it was just some curse or buff from the boss. If someone didn't tell me I wouldn't know.

Ubers with Dark Portal are probably going to be changed in Sigma when all is said and done.
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
Add +%elemental damage to each Elemental Rune:

Fire/Cold/Light/Poison/Magic/Phys -> +X-Y damage and +10% each respective damage
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
SwineFlu wrote:Talking about minimap notifications, that's what I did for myself back in the days. It might not be the best possible variation of how it should look but that's what I came with. It's simple and doesn't clutter the screen in my opinion but to each their own, someone might find this obnoxious.

► Show Spoiler

It barely require any coding for someone who's somewhat familiar with d2 engine.

I think this is a solid idea and you said its easy to implement so no hard work on devs either. *Insert why are we not funding this meme*
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Sigma is going to have better resolution than the current game. It will also have a built in loot-filter. Most AoE skills had reductions of 10% - 30% in patch 1.2. The range of projectile skills were also reduced based on the impending resolution change. So with the likelihood of off-screen kills being significantly reduced and a filter perfectly tailored to the game, how necessary are map notifications? The loot filter is a useful feature because in some ubers there are too many drops and the items are difficult to find. This map notifier seems like a potential solution to a problem that won't exist in Sigma.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I never stated that map notifications was on its own, in fact it is a part of drop notification and drop filtering system. Some people like Fumbles might find it redundant but it was quite useful to me: I used the alt key only when I need to pick up the item rather than check where it was dropped. However what's more important, text notification might be replaced with another and will eventually disappear from the screen, this minimap notification will stay as long as the associated item exist on the client side.

@HechtHeftig: this was not the case (at least with my preferences).

Even with generous SP drop rates it rarely clutter the screen.
► Show Spoiler

And version without filtering just for the comparison.
► Show Spoiler

Last Edit: It might look awful if you decide to add every item to be shown on the map (the same way items lying on the ground might look awful without filtering).
Edited by SwineFlu 5 years.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Well, I don't think I'd need it for anything other than Great Runes, sets and Uniques. I can imagine that the map gets cluttered easily if there are lots of items on the ground. Sometimes just having the map open is already too much clutter for me to see through thanks to the nature of a projector having a not-so-visible picture when the sun is shining into the house, despite the dynamic black settings.

Edit: @ Swineflu
What exactly? the clutter with too much items or the projector thingy?
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
With the increase in resolution a player will be able to see a larger area around their character. The loot filter will block all the garbage on the ground and the reduction to AoE/range to skills will mean that off-screen kills will rarely happen. So when a player clears a screen of mobs, it will be very easy to see all the items that are worth picking up without having to move or search through the clutter. Additional features aren't necessary in future patches because the issue is already been solved. It takes less than a second to hit the Alt key, if a player can't be asked to do that, then why even play the game? I think people will be more than happy when they play Sigma and see the difference the changes make.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Fumbles wrote:Additional features aren't necessary in future patches because the issue is already been solved.

That's your opinion and I can clearly see your point, however that statement is not an ultimate truth. There is nothing wrong with customization, if you're not going to use some options that doesn't mean it would be useless for everyone else. I'm not saying that my proposal should become one of this features by the way. In case I wasn't clear enough in my first post, this suggestion barely require any time investment in order to be implemented.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Marco do you think we could get median xl mobile next patch?