Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
brassmuffler
Sasquatch
65 | 2
So it seems a look at xp progression beyond 120 may have merit.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
You guys seriously think that death penalty prevents people from hitting 125? :D
How hard is it not to die in cow level with geared character?
Now imagine if penalty was removed, all the noobs would flood cow level and kept dying, watching their exp bars go up forever!
I hope it points ridiculousness of that statement enough.

Currently exp penalty achieves one thing only - when you level, you must sit in cow level (or whatever less efficient place where you never/very rarely die), and you can't change it to for example farming laz trophy because you got sick of cows for a while.

What do you think would happen if there was no penalty. Just think about it. If you look at yourself, you could do different things while still getting exp. That counts for both, casual, non efficient farming or item focused farming, you would slowly gain some exp (much slower than dedicated exp gear/ exp potion/ cow farm). If you decided to go max efficiency for exp, you would do cows, it would be basically same as it is now.
Another thing is, this could open some more build viability for cows, ones that die more, or/and you could finally exp in.. DUNCRAIG. Sounds awful right?..

I really encourage people tho think that exp penalty for death in game such as mxl makes sense, just think about it carefully, about real consequences. I think it would make game better.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
yea im against taking away xp death penalty as well, its an integral part of softcore imo. you dont lose your character on death but it'll take longer to lvl up.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I suggest we increase level cap to infinity.

With sigma engine, we not longer bound to limited level cap.
And 120 - 121 level progression should be divided to another 100 level, so play can have 500 extra more stats and 100 skill points.

With this, we now closer to d3 paragon system and player can progress and increase their power level without relying on good drop RNG.
Each minute and each hours spent into the game are worth it.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
that would mean at the very least a huge revamp on the game's difficulty , or having to somehow create new difficulties to accomodate the end game leveling. too much of a hassle i think.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Don't forget about a complete revamp of mystic orbs. Not worth it
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
So... I think it would be really cool if we implemented a dungeon similar to diablo 1 that had 20+ levels with increasing difficulty as you progress and bosses every couple levels or so. I imagine the nostalgia factor alone would be worth the effort. I’m thinking mazes, puzzles, portals, and mayhem with increased SSSU loot bias with each new level. Obviously this might come with a couple challenges (I.e. realm resets every few hours or so) but maybe some of you fellow nerds could think of a way to work around that for the sake of continuity. If sigma allowed for more waypoints, that would work too. I just can’t get over how epic it feels to frantically fight a boss on level 20 after all that grinding. (edit: to solve the realm reset problem, we could have bosses drop a crystal or something that can be used in a horadric cube recipe to create a portal to that next level of the dungeon. This would prevent abuse in many ways.)
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
your description sounds a bit like going on your way to kill Uldy
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
aerial wrote:You guys seriously think that death penalty prevents people from hitting 125? :D
How hard is it not to die in cow level with geared character?
Now imagine if penalty was removed, all the noobs would flood cow level and kept dying, watching their exp bars go up forever!
I hope it points ridiculousness of that statement enough.

Currently exp penalty achieves one thing only - when you level, you must sit in cow level (or whatever less efficient place where you never/very rarely die), and you can't change it to for example farming laz trophy because you got sick of cows for a while.

What do you think would happen if there was no penalty. Just think about it. If you look at yourself, you could do different things while still getting exp. That counts for both, casual, non efficient farming or item focused farming, you would slowly gain some exp (much slower than dedicated exp gear/ exp potion/ cow farm). If you decided to go max efficiency for exp, you would do cows, it would be basically same as it is now.
Another thing is, this could open some more build viability for cows, ones that die more, or/and you could finally exp in.. DUNCRAIG. Sounds awful right?..

I really encourage people tho think that exp penalty for death in game such as mxl makes sense, just think about it carefully, about real consequences. I think it would make game better.

I agree fully with the exp penalty not making sense and removing it as soon as possible.

The issue currently is that dying is meta, and we don't want to promote that any further (i.e. having no penalty at all). Gold penalty is rather dumb and mostly annoying as well. Ideally, the death penalty should be the loss of location (i.e. TP closes if you die), but with current levels arrangement (no possibility to add more wps currently) it seems like a terrible choice, so that option has to wait.

My idea (which I'm sure people will dislike) is to set a timer after death (5-10 seconds). This will directly make dying tactics more inefficient, which is the goal. Exp penalty doesn't really do much, except isolating the moments in which you plan on getting those extra levels, which is grindy and boring. Without this penalty, people would be able to use other ubers that are not cows / tran to level up.
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Marco wrote:
Ideally, the death penalty should be the loss of location (i.e. TP closes if you die)