Map reveal & No death penalty

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
plts88
Acid Prince
49 | 2
Everything looks good and all, but I really dislike those.

HC was never an option for me because it's too brutal when real life calls, or when there's computer / Internet failure. A reasonable death penalty for softcore would make more sense to me.

The map reveal feels like everyone has the option to cheat. I'm going to enable it since the feature exists, but I would like the game better without it.
If the game had a built-in bot, I would probably enable that one too.

Has there been any polls yet? Am I the only one who feels this way?
lordnecro
Sasquatch
62 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
nahh without map reveal farming will be slower
Edited by lordnecro 5 years.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
In a game where deaths are implicit (even with auto 1hko removed) no death penalty makes perfect sense. Remember, there will still be ubers where you cant die, because you will get locked out. As far as ingame map reveal, I think that most people are tired of the same old random generation of maps, its not challenging, just annoying. The density in MXL makes regular play dynamic enough w/o needing extra difficulty factor of finding your way around.
plts88
Acid Prince
49 | 2
Hmm... Are you saying this game is more about instances where you can't die, while the random roaming in the world is made efficient?

That would make sense.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Honesty, whether you have map reveal or not doesn‘t change a thing for people who know how the maps are made. It‘ll be equally as fast except a few exceptions like arcane sanctuary. But since map reveal exists now and some people will always cheat to use it, why not make it a feature instead of a cheat to make the game equal to everyone.

If you don‘t like it, don‘t use it.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
plts88 wrote:Hmm... Are you saying this game is more about instances where you can't die, while the random roaming in the world is made efficient?

That would make sense.

this is what i meant yes.
plts88
Acid Prince
49 | 2
HechtHeftig wrote:Honesty, whether you have map reveal or not doesn‘t change a thing for people who know how the maps are made. It‘ll be equally as fast except a few exceptions like arcane sanctuary. But since map reveal exists now and some people will always cheat to use it, why not make it a feature instead of a cheat to make the game equal to everyone.

If you don‘t like it, don‘t use it.

Yea that seems to be the case in D2, but handing out cheats to make everyone equal sounds like a poor excuse.
If there are no plans for an anti-cheat, then why not.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
There is means for anti-cheat being the new engine and the launcher. No maphack working with diablo2 LOD will work with Sigma. At least that‘s the plan.

For me it only changes the speed of clearing in Arcane sanctuary and in the a3 jungle. And the latter is a huge difference, so I‘m really glad the map reveal is now official.
plts88
Acid Prince
49 | 2
Sounds good. Even a sloppy AC would reduce the amount of people who attempt to cheat when there is the risk of getting banned. Even better if multiple accounts can be traced, so people wouldn't try to cheat on alternative accounts either.

Anyway, I think there are more people out there who didn't get how big part the instances act in Sigma, and got pissed about the "no death penalty" and "map reveal" -texts in the trailer. (based on some youtube comments)

But now, I can't wait to play it. :D
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
If there is someone to blame because of this "feature" it would be a Blizzard and not an MXL devs. From my understanding of how map generation is actually work, it would require quite a lot of work if you have the source code in your hands which is not the case for anyone except for a Blizzard employees.

plts88 wrote:Even a sloppy AC would reduce the amount of people who attempt to cheat when there is the risk of getting banned. Even better if multiple accounts can be traced, so people wouldn't try to cheat on alternative accounts either.

Yeah, sure, just implement a sloppy anti-cheat system without the source code lol Image

Just a simple question: have you ever played MXL? Are you trying to justify these changes from the perspective of cLoD player?