Single player

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Nemon
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hello, I can not start a single game, after selecting a character appears "Generic bad character file. This character is not compatible whis this version of median xl". What is the reason for this problem?
Etheziel
Imp
4 | 0
Old version of characters are not compatible with Sigma, you will have to start with a new character.
Nemon
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
I'm trying to create a new character. I just installed the game
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Have the same problem
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Hmm...long shot here, but do you have a "save" folder in your Launcher directory (probably c:\users\<user name>\Application Data\Median XL)? If not, create one and see if that fixes it.
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
will try that a bit later
Nemon
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Save folder in place
C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\MedianXL\save
and
C:\Users\MedianXL\save
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Well, as I said, it was a long shot.

I only brought it up b/c I had that problem, too. Tried to create a character in SP and got "bad character" error. So I created a character on TSW just to see, and it worked there. I entered a game, played a bit, save+exit, then quit. Tried SP again and it magically worked that time.

Edit:
Wait, yours is installed in "AppData", not "Application Data"?
LaughingMan
Skeleton
2 | 0
Did you try to install the mod with some google drive uploads by any chance? I had the same issue I fixed it by fresh reinsall of Diablo and install the mod just from official client.
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
Nemon wrote:Hello, I can not start a single game, after selecting a character appears "Generic bad character file. This character is not compatible whis this version of median xl". What is the reason for this problem?

do you have older patch versions of mxl on your computer installed ? the save directories from older mxl patches could been the problem in this case

try to find all directories with medianxl save names and check if they corrensponding correct with the latest patch version, if not save them on another place and delete them in the app data folder, where you would probably find them
for searching engine you could easily use the programm: everything

type in the search bar: median xl

look for all save directories it have found and sort them out for actualisation matter, that one that arent be used, has to be delete first, also check your software installations in windows and reinstall, or uninstall the mxl version you want to have, best case uninstall all old version before start fresh install new mxl sigma

i recommend, install clean new d2 or copy a clean version and reinstall mxl sigma launcher, to let it install all recommend directories at the correct places

best regards