Yshari Sanctum: Maze Factor

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.

Yshari Sanctum - Maze

Approach A
52%
Approach B
35%
Whatever
13%

Total votes: 245

Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
FallenAngel wrote:
Marco wrote:There is no middle pill. This topic is about map layout and structure, nothing more. You like 2-hour maze with small corridors? Vote A. You don't? Vote B.

Ok. You might want to state it in the topic description that improvement suggestions are not being solicited in this thread. Else people like me will keep posting suggestions and middle grounds which won't be relevant to the work :)

Oh no, people love making suggestions even if they will be ignored. There is a 44-page topic in this subforum that proves it. :D
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Unless option B gets 23 more votes, it looks like option A has won the poll.
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Dude Love wrote:Now that I think about it...Void is a maze level, though a weird one. Wretched Hive is a maze level. Startled Witch is a maze level. Tran Athulua and Ureh both have maze-like elements.

Although Yshari is definitely the most unforgiving out of all of those (and does have the miniboss thing going for it, which besides Void and Triune IIRC they're the only ubers with that), I'd rather have uber diversity instead of m0ar mazez!!!!

Void is not really a maze, more of a nexus for different areas to teleport to depending on the map spawn, Triune is a large area of terrain that has a set path of where you can go, Ureh is a straightforward run like in a zombie movie uber, Tran Athulua is a less complicated maze, maggot lair always had an odd layout, not really anything that can be really changed about it since its being removed anyway, and finally startled witch is one of these paths is not like the other sort of guessing game.

Yshari and Athulua are probably one of the only maze levels in the game besides maybe Maggot Lair in general.
Less][gr0ssman
Jungle Hunter
29 | 0
I love this map very much. "A" for sure!
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Killed Baal in yashari 5 times. Needed only his piece. Needless to say he did not drop it all 5 times. Gave up and packed up. RNG can be a btch
brackans
Heretic
443 | 60
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
I have to kill Du-Diablo 5 times before he droped his set item. 40% to drop am I correct?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
brackans wrote:I have to kill Du-Diablo 5 times before he droped his set item. 40% to drop am I correct?

4/5 from the main bosses, 1/16 from the mini-bosses in each area.

chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
tbh i just need "more rewards", map is simpler or more complexity doesn't really matter, spending 30 mins or more to run to boss then 5-10 more to kill then he drops all gray items and a tu jewel is not fun :((
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
chickenfeeder wrote:tbh i just need "more rewards", map is simpler or more complexity doesn't really matter, spending 30 mins or more to run to boss then 5-10 more to kill then he drops all gray items and a tu jewel is not fun :((

The reward is a guaranteed unique jewel drop and charm. The rest of the level can literally drop any item in the game, including GRs, which is what makes it different from other levels. People just don't run the level for farming because there are other, faster, more reliable areas right now.
Marbles
Stone Warrior
33 | 1
I voted A. Personally i think the super-tight areas should either have 'cut' walls, so you can see, or just be widened a tad. Perhaps remove like 5%-15% of trees in Duriel's jungle. As far as overall design and concept it's already great. Love the maze.

I do support a Town Portal Shrine at the beginning of each new area as well.