[MXLS] Introducing: Uberquest Events

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
kikinak
Vampiress
36 | 1
It would be an understatement to say I'm glad heroics are gone and things are going to be actually skill-based instead of largely luck/throwing your corpse at it enough times. Even if it means the cheese machine has to be shut down, that's fine. I'd rather win on my own skill anyway. It's just that the road XL took involved kicking singleplayer in the nuts repeatedly because realm could cheese even harder.

My only concern is that a lot of content will still be locked behind needing to have enough charms. In fact, it's seeming like it'll be even harder to avoid that since doing everything deathless is going to be vital now. I realize that they already stated they're rebalancing all that as well, but I'm still a bit wary
cheloo
Sasquatch
68 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
kikinak wrote:My only concern is that a lot of content will still be locked behind needing to have enough charms. In fact, it's seeming like it'll be even harder to avoid that since doing everything deathless is going to be vital now. I realize that they already stated they're rebalancing all that as well, but I'm still a bit wary

Maybe I got it all wrong, but I think that boss events wont affect all ubers, it will be a separate category, not all of them will have this feature. At least that's how I understood what Marco said. Could be wrong though
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
cheloo wrote:
kikinak wrote:My only concern is that a lot of content will still be locked behind needing to have enough charms. In fact, it's seeming like it'll be even harder to avoid that since doing everything deathless is going to be vital now. I realize that they already stated they're rebalancing all that as well, but I'm still a bit wary

Maybe I got it all wrong, but I think that boss events wont affect all ubers, it will be a separate category, not all of them will have this feature. At least that's how I understood what Marco said. Could be wrong though

U got it right cheloo, only some ubers r going to be like that, majorly only ubers like mnx/laz with which the mp community use the save&exit to cheez it
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
iHaku
Stygian Watcher
44 | 1
sounds good to me. im all in favor of less random 0hko's and more hp on bosses in return. there needs to be a somewhat clear balance between how much gear you need and how much you can make up for with skill.
romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Would you consider making world events for different summoning boss? As in...Belial will appear once per day at 8 o clock, Lazarus will appear once per week at bla bla o clock and so on? Something similar to boss raids. I'm proposing this because one of the reasons the forums are getting quite fast is the fact that players reach endgame thus making topnotch chars very quick due to the ability of excessively farming bosses. Take away that chance and the ladders will last longer. P.S. is the addition of paragon levels still a thing?
budda
Rust Claw
84 | 2
► Show Spoiler
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
I may seem stupid but im really not understanding the event concept. Like is it a once per game thing? thats what im not getting. the event will start in game and if you fail you need to remake a new game to attempt it again? or are they on a timeline like certain ones will just start at certain times. Sorry for the noob question i just cant wrap my head around it.
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
madgod wrote:I may seem stupid but im really not understanding the event concept. Like is it a once per game thing? thats what im not getting. the event will start in game and if you fail you need to remake a new game to attempt it again? or are they on a timeline like certain ones will just start at certain times. Sorry for the noob question i just cant wrap my head around it.

This is all answered in the main post:

Marco wrote:
"Boss Events" are a new type of uberquest. They consist of the following:
- Whenever a player dies in a boss event, he cannot re-join it.
- Going back to town is not allowed, you may exit the stage but you can't come back.
- Once a player enters an Event area, it will be locked after 30 seconds.
Make sure to pack everything up before you enter!

This is on a per-game basis, meaning you got one shot at these events per game, and can't just portal spam to slowly take down bosses that you would otherwise be unable to kill.
Battery
Stygian Watcher
41 | 1
Interesting idea.

Balance this will be tough. If certain build can do those Boss event while others can't. It can pigeonhole players into a few builds.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Battery wrote:Balance this will be tough. If certain build can do those Boss event while others can't. It can pigeonhole players into a few builds.

Not necessarily. it just teachers players how to not abuse death and TP spam by actually learning the ubers and adjusting skills/gear to appropriately do it.