[MXLS] Unique Item Rework

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
SingleInfinity wrote:I don't think most people play for a difficult leveling experience as much as they play for ubers and such

thats the problem, early game is kinda too easy
thats why i like the new ladder it makes getting through acts alot more challenging and fun (atleast in hc)
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I do agree on that part. Median is supposed to be punishing. Also the fact that some ubers are just silly easy and imo requires a rework. (See death projector and QT for example).
Looking forward to sigma and itemreworks as about 75% of SU's are never being used lol.
D24Ever
Prowler
19 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Omg the hype is real thanks Marco + whist and who ever else is involved
Sir Legar
Bone Archer
71 | 4
Jaedong wrote:
SingleInfinity wrote:I don't think most people play for a difficult leveling experience as much as they play for ubers and such

thats why i like the new ladder it makes getting through acts alot more challenging and fun (atleast in hc)

Agreed :pop:
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
D24Ever wrote:Omg the hype is real thanks Marco + whist and who ever else is involved

suchbalance did the manual work for this (unique rework), except a few things by marco. marco helped with discussing/suggesting concepts with sb.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Quirinus wrote:
suchbalance did the manual work for this (unique rework), except a few things by marco. marco helped with discussing/suggesting concepts with sb.

I hope those uniques are balanced now.
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Jaedong wrote:

Awesome, yes! Exactly how I play, after playing since 1.Z9 I have only just now started to do ubers on my own thanks to building characters off of guides.
I can't really understand why people want to be rushed through hatred, through terror, then get powerleveled, then get rushed through destruction.
What's the point of the game even when you do that? You might as well just ask Marco for an uber only mod.

I never enjoyed ubers or D baal because I was never good enough for them on my own without following a guide on the forums. I always got my most enjoyment from just playing through the game, and starting a new character once I reached 120 with a character and got to act 5 dest.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Fallenruin wrote:You might as well just ask Marco for an uber only mod.

Great idea. MXL Dark Souls edition
aivwaras
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Fallenruin wrote:
Jaedong wrote:

Awesome, yes! Exactly how I play, after playing since 1.Z9 I have only just now started to do ubers on my own thanks to building characters off of guides.
I can't really understand why people want to be rushed through hatred, through terror, then get powerleveled, then get rushed through destruction.
What's the point of the game even when you do that? You might as well just ask Marco for an uber only mod.

I never enjoyed ubers or D baal because I was never good enough for them on my own without following a guide on the forums. I always got my most enjoyment from just playing through the game, and starting a new character once I reached 120 with a character and got to act 5 dest.

Some enjoy that some don't :) I like doing the run through difficulties for the first time on a new ladder, but the main selling point of this mod to me is the endgame content (which it has tons of), min-maxing, and farming to enable various non-cookie cutter builds. Tedious leveling experience would take a nice portion of appeal from me.
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
aivwaras wrote:Some enjoy that some don't :) I like doing the run through difficulties for the first time on a new ladder, but the main selling point of this mod to me is the endgame content (which it has tons of), min-maxing, and farming to enable various non-cookie cutter builds. Tedious leveling experience would take a nice portion of appeal from me.

I agree, everyone has a certain thing they prefer to do, but I think Sigma is great because I never really enjoyed or understood heroic shields, and now that I'm actually doing ubers, I've come to hate heroic shields even more. Sounds like bounties will be right up my alley too! I think Sigma is definitely going to adhere to everybody's play-style and improve greatly upon it.

But to try to stay on topic, I think the OP is fantastic. I whole-heartedly agree with this change and support it 100%.
Thank you for all the hard work you've all put into this project Marco & Friend's. :D

It'll look great on the resume's ;)