What Change In Sigma Are You Most Excited For?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Darthaghar
Pit Knight
112 | 10
now some of these might be quite optimistic of me but...
    NO MORE Sprite Overflow!!!
or any type of lag from spamming any kind of ability :cheers: (even storm shamans) or 2 Bowzons spamming Barrage and Phalanx in dcow =,=
    Fair boss fights
No more Samael that kills you with the power of the desync ? :-] maybe ? the boss's every single skill is literally one shots? the end of one ‘shotty skills’ maybe ? :oops:
Not to mention currently there is a trend of boss fights where just by having certain gear or stats the boss simply bends over and becomes a joke even a blind person could probably do some of them by hearing the sound indicators! I want a challenging fight where I feel like I myself damaged the healthbar of the boss not the handywork of my gear doing it for me instead ;-|
Other than that honestly anything that improves the current gameplay is just extra to me :D I just want smooth screen for once where I can see what I am actually doing!
Some ubers are so messy that sometimes I have hard time locating where my mouse is! :derp:
Magikilla
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Resolution god the resolution will be EPIC
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Darthaghar wrote:the boss's every single skill is literally one shots? the end of one ‘shotty skills’

Not to mention currently there is a trend of boss fights where just by having certain gear or stats the boss simply bends over and becomes a joke even a blind person could probably do some of them by hearing the sound indicators!

You do see the massive contradiction in this right? If a boss isn't a one shot, there's 99% chance a specific set of gear will diminish his damage into nothing. It's not so easy to balance a game like this in that manner
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
Aero wrote:
Darthaghar wrote:the boss's every single skill is literally one shots? the end of one ‘shotty skills’

Not to mention currently there is a trend of boss fights where just by having certain gear or stats the boss simply bends over and becomes a joke even a blind person could probably do some of them by hearing the sound indicators!

You do see the massive contradiction in this right? If a boss isn't a one shot, there's 99% chance a specific set of gear will diminish his damage into nothing. It's not so easy to balance a game like this in that manner

He probably meant to reduce them, or at least make them fair. Like telegraphed one shot, rather than like doing Astro melee.

Best example i could give is Uldy
Darthaghar
Pit Knight
112 | 10
Stereox wrote:
Aero wrote:

He probably meant to reduce them, or at least make them fair. Like telegraphed one shot, rather than like doing Astro melee.

Best example i could give is Uldy

How are other mods balancing it? They aren't using any over the top stats... 500 OW or 450 to all resists or having to use some type of staff that supposedly makes you immortal against the boss etc there is a difference between Balance where all bosses have immortal shields and just cheat their way into victory by melting your face each time you show up in front of them and Balance like cLOD where the mod uses NORMAL defensive stats and mechanisms of the game! Now the game is ancient there is only so many ways you can defend yourself but when in a mod every single of those stats deems useless except a single broken stat such as %Avoid which only delays your death depending on how good your RNG is you can tell which side the Scales of Balance has been tipped :mrgreen: ...

Do you know why death Penalties were reduced when u die ? Because death has become essential part of the game! You literally throw corpses at the bosses and they eventually die now you would say only an unskilled player would use a Zerg Death Rush Strat but you realize that you almost every time die “because of random balistic nonsense”(I Dont like to give examples) Now I am not complaining that dying in a Uber is surprising its a natural cause and effect part of the game but when you start realizing that your death was the game's fault and not because you made a mistake that is when you realize something seems not right ;-| Because suddenly doing a single run of clearing an area in Median without dying suddenly becomes a feat of accomplishment! And I am going to be honest that sense of accomplishment is a step in the right direction in Median and is the sole reason why this mod is so different than others! What I realized when I started playing this mod is each patch that sense of accomplishment would fade because this mod would get harder each patch The Whole reason I liked Median was because it had BOLD ideas and Bold mechanics and Bold stats everything seems over the top for the Characters which is why its so fun BUT those things got focused more toward the Monsters each patch which eventually left behind the Characters of the game(u get where I am going with this) the Transition from one difficulty to the next became quite brutal to the point where at one of the patches Weapon damage characters quite literally did almost no damage after all those changes now this is obviously not good! !
Another good thing about Median is the fast pacing makes it so its intense enough to not fall asleep in front of your PC and quite literally forces your attention on the screen at all times otherwise you simply die now this is another step in the right direction in RPG type games there is hardly any games that keep your attention span going for so long and most of the grindy parts usually require almost to no effort to go through because they are boring and nobody wants to spend too much effort on dat stuff so they are made easy (whoa what a perfect fit for a pattern who would have thought Median has a special farming area which is extremely easy to farm with all classes without any immunities on the mobs such as Tran Athula!)

Median's most ideas and concepts of their existence are contradictory You want to stay alive because its frustrating and time consuming to die but you also want to have risk of dying because otherwise its not as exciting anymore and or too boring! Now I personally think the most balanced area in this mod is probably TCows (if we exclude the boss) every mob does reasonably amount of damage to be a threat but not too much damage to one shot you (unless your build is missing a major aspect like DR max Block or Defense the only resists that matter here is Poison I think also YAY Defensive stats actually matter in this UBER at least against normal cows dat is =,=!

I am really really excited about the Deathless Ubers mechanic because this essentially means that sense of accomplishment you get from completing an uber deathless is furthermore enhanced which is definitely a good call from the devs! :clap:
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
yea im sorry im not reading a novel. i was just stating my observation on your initial post.
aahz
Team Member
494 | 287
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
yea, I also don't get ppl that cannot express themselves without using crazy amount of words (kinda like my boss) - at least put TLDR at the end of your post....well I guess the last paragraph could be it
https://tsw.vn.cz - TSW realm stats (& Quests, NotArmory, HC chars)
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
aahz wrote:yea, I also don't get ppl that cannot express themselves without using crazy amount of words (kinda like my boss) - at least put TLDR at the end of your post....well I guess the last paragraph could be it

He said that he likes where Median is going right now. Or i can say is Median will become HC friendly
Ibra1
Abomination
151 | 0
Is there a thread where those who are testing Sigma can/are giving their feedback on the beta at this point?
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 124
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Ibra1 wrote:Is there a thread where those who are testing Sigma can/are giving their feedback on the beta at this point?

Nothing from private beta testing will be made public, we probably have to wait for trailer/marco announcement/teasers/posts to know more about sigma.