[MXLS] Charms Overhaul

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
Marco wrote:
MUS01 wrote:So, with the new changes in the stats, max block will be tweaked? If already is really hard to get, with the stats in charms being nerfed, then will become nearly impossible to get it...

What an interesting point of view!! Apparently "Max block" is a stat on it's own and having 50% or 74% block is useless.

Well, I play a low defense barbarian some time ago . Untwinked from begin to end game. Now I play a javazon, also untwinked, so I HAVE SOME EXPERIENCE IN THIS TOPIC.
In short, 150k of defense is far better than 30% of block. (talking early game)
250k (low gear barb, going to mid game) is better than 50% block amazon (talking about mid game)
450k of defense (really low for barbarian's standard, Treewarden, casters or any tank, except assasin, but assasin get avoid comboed with max block, so isn't a fair comparison) is almost equal or better than 75% of block.

Now, get those amounts of defense is really easy...get even 30% of block is hard: you're forced to invest your stats only in dex, for a really low return until end game. A defense char is more newbie friendly than a dex char...also, they get an easier farming process: my barb can sock his gear with lum runes, and he keep the 300k of defense, not using RM in the skill plan. My javazon actually get 50% of block, but her gear is socketed with only P amethyst, and I invest ALL my stats in dex. Actually she farms TA using a mercenary... the barb farms the place, Duncraig and others for himself. That a "little diference".

Lastly, for every attack blocked your char is interrupted. A tank using defense don't have this problem. So, with all those problems, why don't give a little help to dex based chars? (thinking, again, not in the end game result BUT in the process of early to mid game, farming process included)

All in all, I don't wish you make max block so easy to get than clod... I only think you can low the required amount of dex a bit... from 3k of dex to 2k or so, more taking in account that charms will get a considerable nerf in their stats.
vadust
Bone Archer
71 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hp >>def/dr>>block/avoid that's why builds that have 10k + hp with def or avoid have better life then 4k sin with 50% avoid 40% block. Most dex based builds a proc machine that req specific gear that all can farm k3k/cows/nihl/what ever to get high runewords some sacred there are a lot of ways how and where to farm or like it was always specific build only for duncraig/ta/k3k. Current real problem that some builds have aoe +single damage abilities and others have only aoe and very not friendly ways how to deal high single damage, so most ppl pick the first one. If you remove all proc chain ways for dex builds then yes they need a buff, no then no. Less stats/less skills not change things global just nerf some wdm builds, but not kill them coz they still will use proc chain and will be effective no matter how did they got their gear.
Farming actually is an end game part.

To be real dont use hard builds use which are effective. Nobody will nerf Unholy Caster Paladin, cold/light sorcs/ def barbs, spearzons.
kamird
Acid Prince
48 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Personally, I am looking forward to this, since there is a loop where you must farm basic mobs for insane ammounts of time(after the latest drop chance nerf), to get at least 1 su(and most likely it won't be anything you could use for your character). And without gear you cant get charms and vice versa. Glad to see that you saw this issue(I think you already have a solid idea on how to solve it), But I am Absolutely against making all ubers doable without charms. I mean then that wouldn't be an uber, just a dungeon.
But I do must say that there must be some sort of ''not too difficult, dungeon type'' uber where you could find some gear when you have none. As for Charm squishing... Hell yeah. Charms are really too op. And about build creativity... I'd like to see some more Oskills, one of my favourite skills for barb in Vanilla was Leap-slam, I would like to see it come back as an oskill, with a little AOE effect there. That is just a small little wish I have(X-mas present? pls?).
Anyways Thumbs up, Marco for seeing this and dealing with it.

Oh and can we have an uber for 8 people? I mean uber that needs teamwork and all that nice jazz, something that could be done only with 8 people.
vadust
Bone Archer
71 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Lower by half aa bonus and by 2/3 skills bonuses then they are not op. Few heroics and non Assur/Vizjun purify bosses are hard everything else is not so impossible ( everything already was invented, founded and posted with explanation about how to do any uber ) for any new person that have brain, can read guides/docs , can use forum for questions in right way. Ppl so naive... they think that everything will be reverted to easy difficult.... Wish more...
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
If Marco wish buffed bosses, then the solution has 2 ways:
1- Charms overhaul..
2- Cut down the base damage of the actual skills by half (50%)... (giving to bosses 50% HP in practical terms).

Actually, using 1 and 2 will result in a crazy buff for the bosses. Such change will come the d2 lod "classic" Uber Tristam mechanics: a really high HP boss, defeated after 30 mins using the same skill... Oh, come on, we have the startled witch and others...
vadust
Bone Archer
71 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Remove magic res from items and you will never see a sleep charm. I really want to see oneday in future patches old Marco's idea about changing - enemy res system and heroic's shield system/ their hp.
Marco do not wish buffed bosses, he manipulates with your mind most of time. :mrgreen:
I think he more work with hardest thing - global mod's balance.
We will see in what it will ends oneday.
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Maybe just stop random guessing and wait a bit to see what really happens > try new stuff > give feedback ?
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
exactly
Spankadank
Cultist
21 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Turns out Bruce Willis was dead the entire time.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Vadust is that you?