Mana Feedback Sorceress [1.2]

darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Panditen wrote:well, i wouldn't go as far as to say "it doesn't deal damage", but like i said, i find myself filling in the downtime of antimass with torrent a lot, thus why i was thinking of spending more points into it.

what is a range of torrent rn?
Panditen
Imp
4 | 0
darkstorm wrote:
Panditen wrote:well, i wouldn't go as far as to say "it doesn't deal damage", but like i said, i find myself filling in the downtime of antimass with torrent a lot, thus why i was thinking of spending more points into it.

what is a range of torrent rn?

Almost the whole screen, they really buffed it.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
It's funny how, in M2017-1.3, the devs randomly took away Frost Armor, essentially killing this build's survivability. Now they nail its coffin shut by giving Antimass (a skill designed to work in conjunction with Mana Sweep) a ridiculous CD timer. Really makes you think...
KratosTheAxeman
Pit Knight
101 | 3
Solfege wrote:It's funny how, in M2017-1.3, the devs randomly took away Frost Armor, essentially killing this build's survivability. Now they nail its coffin shut by giving Antimass (a skill designed to work in conjunction with Mana Sweep) a ridiculous CD timer. Really makes you think...

Does that mean trying this build is a farce?
Eregoth
Destroyer
7 | 0
KratosTheAxeman wrote:
Solfege wrote:It's funny how, in M2017-1.3, the devs randomly took away Frost Armor, essentially killing this build's survivability. Now they nail its coffin shut by giving Antimass (a skill designed to work in conjunction with Mana Sweep) a ridiculous CD timer. Really makes you think...

Does that mean trying this build is a farce?

Depends on how much you want to invest, and what kind of returns you are expecting.

I think complaining that the build can't one-shot the whole screen with <20k mana is sort of unfair. If that were possible, this build would be completely broken for farming - even moreso if Antimass had no CD. And that's on basic TU/RW gear. No signets or anything.

Eat 2-300 signets - a heavy investment, for sure - and grab some Empyrean Bands/2% energy crafted jewels, and you're looking at >30k mana, which does one-shot packs in TA with Chronofield up. I reckon you can drop Chronofield at 35-40k mana - but TA isn't really worthwhile in the first place, so it doesn't matter much.

I think the largest problem I'm facing is gearing. The item progression from TU -> SU is crazy. Feedback builds were struggling for good gear before Sigma, and now a lot of the decent lategame options got removed, or are of nigh-unobtainable rarity.

There are no good endgame shields. No boots. Orbs are SSU or AmnXis RW (maybe DolXis or ElXis? Meh). Scaling this build is going to be extremely slow.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
No one is complaining about not being able to 1-shot the screen, nor that Antimass has a CD. And even if you could guaranteed 1-shot everything with a single Mana Sweep, it wasn't like you could just spam it like Stormcall. You were on a roughly 1.3 second cycle between sweeps, at which point, you were quite vulnerable without good summon management.

The point I was making was that the devs' changes to Sorc skills since M2017-1.2 have crippled this specific Feedback Sorc build. It was playable in 1.3 with a Poison/Lightning spec, but it was overly difficult b/c you lost a huge part of your overall defensive strat in losing Ice Elementals. And the Antimass/Mana Sweep combo was an intended combo (i.e., they designed it that way). Now it looks like they only want such a combo available for late End-Game (see: SSU War Staff).

The problem I have with some of these changes is it seems more and more that players are being shoehorned into playing certain builds a certain way rather than letting them discover their own ways to build and play.
smalltalk
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Sounds like D3 :P
titan015
Stone Warrior
33 | 4
Feedback doesn't really feel good right now IMO. I am currently level 115 and I am not liking it so far compared to my haunting banshee druid. Gearing gap between between TUs and SSU for feedback sorc feels really wide. SO yeah bye2x manasorc. Perhaps drinking a belladona elixir to switch other elemental build might fix her up.
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
A shame to read how the build has been destroyed,

I'd be interested in your opinion as to what is the best sorc build in Sigma for (a) ubers and (b) farming?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
It's being rebuilt. I've been setting aside a little time each night for playing, writing, testing, and retesting (currently doing the 115 Ubers). There's still almost no dedicated gear for Feedback Sorcs, so it's not gonna be ez game ez life during the leveling process, but it starts to pick up speed once you get some Charms.

For farming as a Sorc, Feedback is good (maybe the best Sorc farmer), but will require rare/expensive gear to really push it. For bosses, it depends. Some Sorc builds can do certain Ubers much easier than other Sorc builds. I'm biased toward melee, but Abyss Sorc may be a better boss killer.