Nomad Barbarian

SirJean
Rust Claw
89 | 0
Quick question for the concept, do you think that an assassin could mix fortress+guard tower+atmg with doom+ttad and be viable.

I know that Sigma is going to change alot of things but the reason I ask is that I found that doom and target take additonal damage stacks but only with melee attacks (the TTAD part being only melee) and I was wondering if it is true.

I found that you could get ATMG+TTAD on assassin shield but if doom+ttad doesn't work it ruins the possiblity of my idea.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
doom is negative flat physical resist, so any hit dealing physical damage, spell or wdm will tack on that much more damage, theoretically.

Im not sure where an assassin would get fortress though. guard tower from jitan armor perhaps. you'll be better off as an ele assassin with striking procs from throwing knives or things like
Judge

Judge
Assassin Claws

'FulRhal'
Runeword Level: 100
20% Chance to cast level 60 Forked Lightning on Melee Attack
18% Chance to cast level 14 Thunder Hammer on Striking
Adds 125-250 Lightning Damage
Stun Attack
-(10 to 15)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
(21 to 30)% to Dexterity
Fire Resist +40%
Lightning Resist +75%
and
Judge (Xis)
and stacking some pierce to benefit from the assassin's Ways damage with huge multihitting things.
SirJean
Rust Claw
89 | 0
Interesting to know that doom is flat -physical resistance, I'll see what I can do with it.
Thanks for the answer I'll wait to see if a new unique in sigma make my concept more viable!
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
SirJean wrote:Interesting to know that doom is flat -physical resistance, I'll see what I can do with it.
Thanks for the answer I'll wait to see if a new unique in sigma make my concept more viable!

Phys immune mobs only have 60% phys resistance in Sigma so doom should hit harder as long as it wasn't nerfed, right?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
immune monsters from 17 --> sigma are unpierceably resistant to that element besies specific casts like spellbind and unseelie curse that lowers max phys res (also dunno if these even work).

-flat phys res will help for them, sure, but will tickle probably.
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Aero wrote:immune monsters from 17 --> sigma are unpierceably resistant to that element besies specific casts like spellbind and unseelie curse that lowers max phys res (also dunno if these even work).

-flat phys res will help for them, sure, but will tickle probably.

Uh.... Only it literally says this:

"Monsters that previously had physical immunity will now have 60% resistance to physical damage"

This pertains to all Normal monsters according to the notes. Not sure what Doom will do to bosses, but it should definitely put a dent in Necrobots.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Yea it will help and you'll certainly do more damage than when they were immune of course, but they're still 60% resistant to whatever phys damage you're applying. the physical damage per hit even with the negative flat dr you're applying is still going to be heavily diminished.

I'll have to see how the build plays sometime this season or next and I'll get on updates with it hopefully
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
Was thinking about best weapon for that build since barb can carry any weapon it could be anything. Javelins not the most useful, unless fortress uses it throwing damage.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Well it was a javelin based barb because of the TU Glaive and SU Glaive (nights embrace for ancients hand). so for this javelin barb, a javelin would be best
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
Crash wrote:Well it was a javelin based barb because of the TU Glaive and SU Glaive (nights embrace for ancients hand). so for this javelin barb, a javelin would be best

First time i saw your guide i did everything as it sait but i went farther - in the lategame there no difference in weapon choices, because you spend half points into strength and other half into dex. With all potential of that build I recomend to not limint yourself with your favorite weapons - there is many ways to grow stronger. My weapon choice is crafted greater sword with highest damage. Dont know how it happened - the highest damage to fortress gives a gladiator barb set. Tundra also good but it lacks a survivability mechanisms (no leech, always need to use bear stance, drinking pots)