Unholy melee paladin - Lemures *WIP*

damatt
Banned
21 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I'm going to start playing this today. I have some questions before I do.

1. What are the pros and cons of playing unholy melee paladin versus holy melee paladin?

2. How gear dependant is this build? How far can a set and level <100 runewords get me?

3. How come we use the light tree and not the shadow tree? (I never played paladin so idk? Is rapture that good?)

4. How does this compare to other melee like melee necro deathgaze or iron spiral barb?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
- unholy melee is a melee spell caster , while the holy melee is based on weapon/physical damage
- you can clear level 120 ubers with just a mix of tu's/crafts and rw-s up to ON without much headake . some 125 ubers cand also be cleard with that kind of cheap gear
- choosing between lightning and shadow neutral trees is probably just a matter of personal taste from Gzeno , looking for boosting the IAS and FRW , therefore choosing to use Rapture . Others may say that there's more than enough IAS and go for the shadow tree instead
- you are trying to compare a mage with weapon damage dealer builds . they are mostly different. the only similar thing about them is that they are all melee . in therms of kill speed they are all similar . in what regards the tanking , then the barbarian has a small advantage (as always) because it can get 5% chance to be hit in any uber .
Jovoman
Cog
234 | 3
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Gzeno wrote:
Jovoman wrote:
Gzeno wrote:
Jovoman wrote:hi why we need AR bonus if we have ignore targets defense? when i hit with lemure it doesnt show any AR cause of Ignore targets defense so why we need it? and if yes how much?

also to play in midgame with rapture helps alot i think? thx anyway! will respec to rapture back

Ignore targets defenses doesnt work on bosses.

Rapture will help you reach 414 hit recovery and will also make you walk alot faster.

ohh oky so 414 you need in superbeast morph or how?

also oky good to know, but how much AR bonus then i need from gear for bosses then? its kinda weird for me lol, i mean for regular monsters etc its gg but for bosses as u said i cant think of an correctly worth amount of AR^^

also how can i provide mana issues? i mean 3x MoA is nice but to go on alot Mana regen on rings/ammy shall be fine?

- 20k AR is a safe amount IMO.

- In endgame, mana costs gets really high, so 5x MoA on your weapon and mana regen on every jewellery is needed.

hm oky so how can i exactly know that i have amount 20K ar? just going on * normal attack* and looking if i have reached the 20k+ or how?

also thx for the mana issue stuff will let that in my mind for endgame
Sanya
Thunder Beetle
50 | 0
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Explain to me please, I have one problem with recovering mana? My level is 118, I suffer from a lack of theft or mana recovery. Tell me how to solve the problem?
Gzeno
Sasquatch
68 | 6
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Mana issues :

Depending on the mana cost of Lemures/Blood thorn, MO your weapon with MoA accordingly, you can also just go for it and MO 5x MoA early on. Make sure you MO rings and amulet with mana regen.

Use the normal attack skill to check your Attack rating. MoA wont work if you miss your hits too much.

20k AR is my safe number, but feel free to go even higher if you need.
Gzeno
Sasquatch
68 | 6
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
I might come to a point where I reconsider neutral trees, but as for now, getting that 414 FHR breakpoint seemed the most important. Attackspeed isnt really important from rapture, what is good are FRW and FHR.

How id see a skillplanner without rapture:

Not choosing any actual neutral tree, and take those 18 points into anything we need.

I also understand that use Lemures/cold players really love stacking for Divine apparition, which is totally understandable, ive heard its really good. However, I'm playing a fire/Blood Thorn Uhm atm, I'm not testing Div App and I'm not interested to do so atm.

I might actually do a total 180 degree and change the whole guide to fire/Blood thorn in the future, but for now, I just want to play the season and update my guide bit by bit so that people can actually use it.

These are my thougths at the moment.
Sanya
Thunder Beetle
50 | 0
Common Posting Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Gzeno wrote:Mana issues :

Depending on the mana cost of Lemures/Blood thorn, MO your weapon with MoA accordingly, you can also just go for it and MO 5x MoA early on. Make sure you MO rings and amulet with mana regen.

Use the normal attack skill to check your Attack rating. MoA wont work if you miss your hits too much.

Can you tell me which MO is better to use? Mana on attack or mana stolen per hit? I just play relatively recently, I did not understand what is better
Sprow
Core Lord
358 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Sanya wrote:

Can you tell me which MO is better to use? Mana on attack or mana stolen per hit? I just play relatively recently, I did not understand what is better

Mana stolen work for physical dmg builds, you need mana on attack.

Also you can MO your rings/amulet with mana regen
Sanya
Thunder Beetle
50 | 0
Common Posting Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Sprow wrote:
Sanya wrote:

Mana stolen work for physical dmg builds, you need mana on attack.

Also you can MO your rings/amulet with mana regen

Another thing !!! Thank you very much
etmoi2
Invader
9 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
How do deal with Astrogha frozen orbs? you get a holy lance for the better melee range?