Pouncezon

Oblivion
Acid Prince
46 | 0
Wotan wrote:Most rare SU's and sets will drop less often than in areas like Duncraig. Its been like this since I remember playing the mod. You can farm all season for sets in K3k and never find set ancient armor for example or class specific weapon/armor. Same goes for TA (even tho TA now has even more ridiculous and terrible drop rate), you can farm all season and never find a class specific weapon/armor. As pouncezon you should never leave Duncraig. Thats your main and only farming spot. Best SET and SU drops anyway.

Stealthmaster wrote:Sets: no limitations in K3K and TA but the chances to find a rare set (MNX/Community) is smaller. For that purpose Duncraig serves better because of sacred items drop bias.

SUs: Duncraig is overall better for SU hunting. If your char is underpowered, you can try farming two nearby rooms in the old Dunc map, just stack additional resists vs Assur or use Fire Elementals to lure him away.

Thanks guys.

So there's a new and old Dunc map? Didnt know that. I guess I can switch maps by changing difficulty?

I did go into Dunc with my melee Necro and got deleted by Slain souls. 400k defense counts for shizz I guess. Will try again later.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
I guess I can switch maps by changing difficulty?

Yes. On realm with each new game the map is erased though.

Also:

Stealthmaster wrote:I did some research and found out that there is a connection between Duncraig and Kurast 3000 B.A. map rolls. I guess I won't be wrong if I say that many people prefer farming Duncraig with old map roll (with Assur in the left room and narrow passage right near the entrance). So I did a pack of runs, and by 11 of 11 times an old Duncraig map matched new K3KBA map (when you appear on the left bottom of the map), thus I'm 99% sure that it has always been like this and it's not just insane randomness. So if you're up for farming Duncraig for SU's/sets/trophy with old map roll, just quickly go to Spider Forest waypoint, enter Kurast and you'll find out what variant of Dunc map you are about to enter (new Kurast map -> old Dunc map and vice versa). If you're looking for Duncraig trophy, I guess it's much better looking for it in the old Dunc map
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
New Duncraig feels better for farming, since you wont be bothered by Assur. Although, killing him on the new map is kind of a bitch, with all the through wall throwing mofos and him jumping through the wall... would scare any new player :).
Oblivion
Acid Prince
46 | 0
Good info guys, although I suppose I should make it clear that I am playing offline. Will try Dunc tomorrow.

Original copy of the game, ofc.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
In that case you still have insane drops. Farming Worldstone Keep on Terror for sets is worth your time if you're planning to make set-based chars (UHC pala, lightn sorc, melee necro etc).
Oblivion
Acid Prince
46 | 0
Insane? Well I do get a lot of sets and a sacreds, but very few of them are weapons. I'm struggling for damage atm. That's the reason I switched from bowzon to pouncezon, found an SU maiden pike.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Ai Shinozaki is lurv.

Anyway yeah. Like Stealth said, Dunc is where you go for SU drops in general, if youre struggling in there then perhaps you should do some TA destruction instead til you can handle dunc better, its a step down from dunc imo (no sacred bias) but easier since all you have to worry about is arrowsides and theres no exploding one shot barrels there.
Oblivion
Acid Prince
46 | 0
Prime_Evil wrote:Ai Shinozaki is lurv.

Anyway yeah. Like Stealth said, Dunc is where you go for SU drops in general, if youre struggling in there then perhaps you should do some TA destruction instead til you can handle dunc better, its a step down from dunc imo (no sacred bias) but easier since all you have to worry about is arrowsides and theres no exploding one shot barrels there.

Yes, she is. Ironically Ai in Japanese means 'love'.

Tried Dunc today with Melee Necro, got one hit KO'd by slain soul without any barrels involved. Feeling kinda shit right now. :oops: :cry:
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Melee Necro Dunc gameplay is pretty much similar to a pouncezon - move all the time and never stop attacking enemies. Also, you may have underpowered items and not many charms but still survive there with this build, but attempting Duncraig without a
Vizharan
on-switch is strongly not recommended. May look kinda lame, but that wand does really make a difference in hard ubers.
Edited by Stealthmaster 7 years.
Oblivion
Acid Prince
46 | 0
I have Vizharan on switch already, but a bit lacking in charms, less than 10. Atm I am stuck on 50k damage when fully buffed, which is fine for normal game, but not for ubers. Looking for a sacred bonesplitter in the hopes of more damage (either unique or via runeword)