Melee Sorceress [1.3]

v4d_skif
Prowler
15 | 0
First item done. Mission accomplished for today. ^^ Thanks for advices, helps to understand whats going on... :)
evilovexd1991
Imp
5 | 0
Solfege, thanks for the guide. I am a new player here and a a melee sorc is my first char. I really like it, but i have few questions.

1) I use your build from this guide, i am lvl 115 now on a5 hell. My dmg is fine, but i have problems with my survivability, maybe i need to change something in this build? I use atm Fire+Poison+Melee+Arcan (Familiar). I have 69k def 24 block chance 8.9k hp with a proc Moonstrike.
2) Where and what i should i farm at lvl 115?
3) I got a rare Sacred Warp Blade, what to do with this sword?

My current gear is:
T4 Umbaru's Jinx Mask
T4 Ceremonial armor
T4 Spiked shield
T4 Warped blade
T4 Death Spur
T4 Wormtongue
T4 Toorc's gift
and x2 rare rings and amulet. They are bad, but i can't find better atm.
Fenrils
Stone Warrior
30 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So to anyone curious about end game farming, as of this evening I've been able to quickly and safely farm Fauztinville in my MF gear so the end game is there. I'm currently level 126 with 328% magic find and can clear the entire outer circle of Fauztinville (just hugging the sides to kill 4/5 bosses each run) in <10 minutes feeling pretty damn comfortable. The block, regen, lifesteal, etc. make the entire area a joke, to put it simply. My gear is as below:

Weapon: Steal Punisher - Upgraded (got AR%) with Mana on Attack MOs and full Jahs socketed in it
    Helm: Royal Circlet - Socketed w/ MF + %dex/attribute jewels
    Shield: Abandon Crafted Spiked Shield w/ 2% block, defense, and high life, socketed w/ MF + %dex/attribute jewels. MOed with MF, defense, character defense. Will be eventually rerolling this to %block, def, and %phys unless I find 2 more Auhe runes for my Lightforge.
    Armour: Dervish of Aranoch - 6x Perfect Amethyst
    Gloves: Dacana's Fist - Socketed w/ MF + %dex/attribute jewels and MOed with MF. I have a Rogue's Foresight in stash for when I'm killing real enemies.
    Boots: Charge of the Goddess - Socketed w/ MF + %dex/attribute jewels
    Belt: Abandon Crafted Sash w/ defense, life, FHR, and high dex. MOed with MF. May replace with Black Void or Nero but unsure atm.
    Rings: 2x Empyrean Band - MOed w/ MF, resists, defense, PDR.
    Amulet: Teganze - MOed w/ MF, defense.

I'm currently running Poison/Fire as my elements but if/when I finish my Lightforge, I should have the required physical resistance to drop it and run Lightning/Fire. Relevant stats include 16.8k life, 67% chance to block, 4k Bladestorm damage.

Needless to say, thanks for the awesome build help Solfege. Once I finish up my gear or start hating myself for farming Fauztinville so much, I'll be looking to finish up my 125 ubers (already done Belial and Viz-Jun) and then take on the real bosses.
Fenrils
Stone Warrior
30 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
evilovexd1991 wrote:Solfege, thanks for the guide. I am a new player here and a a melee sorc is my first char. I really like it, but i have few questions.

1) I use your build from this guide, i am lvl 115 now on a5 hell. My dmg is fine, but i have problems with my survivability, maybe i need to change something in this build? I use atm Fire+Poison+Melee+Arcan (Familiar). I have 69k def 24 block chance 8.9k hp with a proc Moonstrike.
2) Where and what i should i farm at lvl 115?
3) I got a rare Sacred Warp Blade, what to do with this sword?

My current gear is:
T4 Umbaru's Jinx Mask
T4 Ceremonial armor
T4 Spiked shield
T4 Warped blade
T4 Death Spur
T4 Wormtongue
T4 Toorc's gift
and x2 rare rings and amulet. They are bad, but i can't find better atm.

Farm Toraja + K3K. You definitely want to get some crafted gear and can likely replace your gloves, belt, and shield pretty easily with them. Rare sacred warps can be crafted with abandoned or weird shrines and you'll just be looking for as much damage as possible, a decent proc, and/or deadly strike/lifesteal/+skills. Damage is the most important part with the latter items being ideal but definitely secondary. Your skills are likely fine but your gear is making you suffer at this point as TUs are only really meant to keep you going through the mid game before you start replacing them with SUs or the melee set.
evilovexd1991
Imp
5 | 0
Fenrils, thanks. Can i make a runeword in an craft item? I should also crafting jewels for this?
Could you explain to me a full process?
v4d_skif
Prowler
15 | 0
HR - hit recovery?
v4d_skif
Prowler
15 | 0
So all stat points goes to dex?
Suyeon
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
evilovexd1991 wrote:Fenrils, thanks. Can i make a runeword in an craft item? I should also crafting jewels for this?
Could you explain to me a full process?

Runewords only work in white/grey items. I suggest you ask about mechanics of the game in the short question/answer thread or check the wiki or discord as this thread is about the Melee Sorceress build.

v4d_skif wrote:So all stat points goes to dex?

This question is already covered in the guide on page 1. You start off with a bit of str to wear any gear at all, later on a respec you can dump all points into dex, as some of your gear will push your str enough to equip all the gear you need.
v4d_skif
Prowler
15 | 0
K i see.

T4 honorific gloves after maxing hit recovery and weapon damage what should I socket in?

I would like to ask about crafting as well. Author explains about crafting but I need some more info, e.g. like on what items I have to use abandoned shrine, what should i get and how to craft that ilvl99 lewel, where to find base and where to insert it... Pretty much everything once again :D
Speedpad
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
v4d_skif wrote:K i see.

T4 honorific gloves after maxing hit recovery and weapon damage what should I socket in?

I would like to ask about crafting as well. Author explains about crafting but I need some more info, e.g. like on what items I have to use abandoned shrine, what should i get and how to craft that ilvl99 lewel, where to find base and where to insert it... Pretty much everything once again :D

Well, the crafting "guide" from Solfege is still valide. Everything is explained there for jewel, with details on the different runes to use depending on the result you want. Same for the honorific, this guide part is still ok.

As for the sacred warp blade, the guide is still ok too, don't think crafted gear changed a lot for our purpose. But if you only get your TU blade for now, focus on getting/crafting the rest of the TUs, that's easy and explained a few pages back for how to do so.

@Fenrils : did you by any chance try the elemental version with starhawk / Lachdanan's Visage or did you stick with the phys one ?

I'm trying to run with the elemental version, but lacking Lachdanan's Visage to make the Starhawk really shine... I'm working on getting it ^^
clvl 126 too, Fauzt is ok but not comfy for now, no way i could do it in MF without many death xD

For notes, i'm running : Starhawk, Trang-Oul, Titan Steps, Truce, Empy band, Teganze, Hammerfist (need to swap that i know...), chest from set and an abandonned crafted shield (i need to redo it for +2 block)