Melee Sorceress [1.3]

Drows
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hi,

First off I wanted to say thank you for all the effort you put into this guide as well as the constant work you are currently doing.

That being said I'm using it as more of a wealth of knowledge as opposed to following the build exactly.

I went lightning and cold from the start and haven't respecced yet, I know that the guide recommended poison and fire but I for whatever reason decided against it. That being said I'm now curious if I switch, how much of a difference it will make.

So just wondering, how much flat life and life regen does max fire get? I know that I'm missing out on physical res from poison but if I can get close to the cap without then I suppose that's a moot point.

Also, do you recommend fire and poison because it's really that great, or is it just that lightning and cold doesn't offer much. I'm beginning to wonder how valuable the flat defense from cold really is.

Thanks in advance!
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
You're using the guide exactly as intended. Yes, it shows one way a Melee Sorc can be built, but it's mostly meant to give the player enough knowledge to feel comfortable building their own unique variations.

Iirc, the Fire tree alone should net you around 12k-14k total Life with Moonstrike active, and about 300+ Life/sec by end-game. You'll have more Life if pairing Fire with Poison or Cold, ofc.

Regarding different specs, it really doesn't matter which you choose. They're all perfectly viable, with their own strengths and weaknesses. But because different specs will have different defensive strategies, they'll have different playstyles. If you like aggresse play, go Poison/Fire. If you like slower and more calculated play, go Poison/Lightning or Lightning/Cold. If you like something in-between, go Fire/Lightning or Fire/Cold.
TheSpartan
Imp
4 | 0
Also kinda stuck atm... Lvl 106 now but I cannot take on a single Uber atm not even the easiest ones.

Spec: Poison/Fire
Gear:
All T4 except for Honorific Gloves
The Warped Blade (Weapon)
Wedding dress of Zann (Ceremonial Armor)
Auriels Halo (Tiara)
Banner of Duncraig (shield)
Deathspur (boots)
Deadfall (belt)

All of them orbed and socketed with runes. But I'm kinda stuck of where to farm. So far I found only 2 SU's which was at the kill of Diablo on Hell. So my questions are:
- Any advice on where to farm SU's?
- Also looking for a good area to farm shrines, is this still K3B (nightmare)?
- Any good RW's to replace for my current gear?

Love the guide Solfege. Almost got 70% of all the charms in my 1st run in Median :D But maybe I'm sticking too much to your current (Median) guide and build.
Neyhanis
Balrog
122 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hey there Solfege, my question and situation are kinda the same Drows's, but I'm wondering about your answer. Although having good gear, im not at end-game yet (got all 120- charms but only some lv125, and not astrogha for instance) yet im already at 13k+ hp with moonstrike up... playing cold/lightning.
So i'm wondering about how much the fire tree would give me as extra hp. Very curious to try it out probably paired with cold

TheSpartan wrote:- Any advice on where to farm SU's?
- Also looking for a good area to farm shrines, is this still K3B (nightmare)?
- Any good RW's to replace for my current gear?

My humble advice : capping DR would help a lot. You already have some but try to get more. Buying items from players will help a lot but how to get starting TG? Farming nihlatak (in nightmare if cant progress, still gives 1 signet per run, in hell else).

1 ) Specifically, theres a drop bias induncraig but thats hard and lvl 120+. But you can get them well, about everywhere else. As for the first charms, try throwing your body at some of them such as akarat or lord aldric jitan, i mean those that dont have a lockout :) for the others if possible carefully play with fusillade and dont go in
2 ) k3k nm im not sure can loot shrines? perhaps it can, and as for the hell version its lvl 115 so that'll wait a tidbit. You can however farm sunless sea, thats good xp/money ^^
3 ) Nih (erawan) in body armor for high def + good dr / ath (i think? lv90) in boots for same, extra dr. or perhaps lionpaw boots (stats, life) / vith in belt (lv98), same DR. With those 3 + poison or maybe not even all 3, you can easely get to the cap and theyre all dirt cheap to make

4 ) hang on ! once you get force blast life CHANGES, so much safer/stronger overall. and once max blocked (farmed signets + crafted), it changes once again ! ^^
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
@Neyhanis
Again, it just depends on what tree you're pairing Fire with. I don't have the exact number on-hand, but Fire/Poison and Fire/Cold should = roughly 15k-16k Life w/Moonstrike active by end-game.

@TheSpartan
I posted this a few pages back, but this is the new "early game" gearset:
Weapon = TU Warp Blade (The Warped Blade)
Body Armor = TU Ceremonial Armor (Wedding Dress of the Zann)
Helm = TU Diadem (Haareis)
Shield = TU Spiked Shield (Cloudladder)
Belt = TU Light Belt (Wormtongue)
Gloves = T1 Honorific Leather Gloves (remade in T4 Leather Gloves before starting Hell)
Boots = TU Chain Boots (Lionpaw)

This gearset will take you through Hell, all clvl 110 Ubers (but you'll want Vith RW belt for Assault on Mount Arreat), and 1 clvl 115 Uber (K3KBA).

For clvl 115 Ubers, upgrade to Khany (On RW) in a Sacred Warp Blade, Erawan (Nih RW) in Sacred Ceremonial Armor, and swap your helm for TU Mask (Umbaru's Jinx). Keep the rest of the listed TU gear, but swap in Vith RW belt for Legacy of Blood, Rathma Square, and The Veiled Prophet.

I'm gonna take a break from posting for a bit so I can work on getting the new guide formatted and submitted. So if I don't answer posts, it's not b/c I'm ignoring you guys. ^^
Speedpad
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Solfege TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Thanks a lot for this guide again, see you on the new one ;)
IOPPB
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Solfege wrote:@Neyhanis
Again, it just depends on what tree you're pairing Fire with. I don't have the exact number on-hand, but Fire/Poison and Fire/Cold should = roughly 15k-16k Life w/Moonstrike active by end-game.

@TheSpartan
I posted this a few pages back, but this is the new "early game" gearset:
Weapon = TU Warp Blade (The Warped Blade)
Body Armor = TU Ceremonial Armor (Wedding Dress of the Zann)
Helm = TU Diadem (Haareis)
Shield = TU Spiked Shield (Cloudladder)
Belt = TU Light Belt (Wormtongue)
Gloves = T1 Honorific Leather Gloves (remade in T4 Leather Gloves before starting Hell)
Boots = TU Chain Boots (Lionpaw)

This gearset will take you through Hell, all clvl 110 Ubers (but you'll want Vith RW belt for Assault on Mount Arreat), and 1 clvl 115 Uber (K3KBA).

For clvl 115 Ubers, upgrade to Khany (On RW) in a Sacred Warp Blade, Erawan (Nih RW) in Sacred Ceremonial Armor, and swap your helm for TU Mask (Umbaru's Jinx). Keep the rest of the listed TU gear, but swap in Vith RW belt for Legacy of Blood, Rathma Square, and The Veiled Prophet.

I'm gonna take a break from posting for a bit so I can work on getting the new guide formatted and submitted. So if I don't answer posts, it's not b/c I'm ignoring you guys. ^^

You don't recommend the full set if you have it?
EDIT: what mo's on the gloves?
ojejku
Jungle Hunter
28 | 2
@Solfege
How should we MO sacred warp with Khany RW, any suggestions? I mean it's lvl req is 100, so there's no really much space as you originally could MO with Grace RW (78lvl req). If I go for 5xED (120lvl req), then how do I solve mana issues until I have 130lvl so I could add additional 2xMoA MO? Thanks for guide btw :)
Benvolio708
Imp
5 | 0
ojejku wrote:@Solfege
How should we MO sacred warp with Khany RW, any suggestions? I mean it's lvl req is 100, so there's no really much space as you originally could MO with Grace RW (78lvl req). If I go for 5xED (120lvl req), then how do I solve mana issues until I have 130lvl so I could add additional 2xMoA MO? Thanks for guide btw :)

Craft some jewels with the Nih or Ber runes to get mana on striking or mana steal. You can also MO your jewelry with %mana regen, 25% per. These two things solved my mana issues completely.
kkndhouse
Skeleton
3 | 0
Solfege wrote:The description for the Firedance DS bonus isn't very clear. You have to be inside your Firedance circle for the extra DS to kick in.

It's a good enough weapon when paired with the other gear in the list. I did all the End-Game Ubers with that setup last patch--except Void (which I never do), Samael (which I didn't even attempt), and Ubers that required specific gearsets.

now i can feel this gear is better. thx
so should i MO with DS as u wrote in this guide?