play something else

fellupahill
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Mournbringer wrote:Hey Team unholy casters. Wanted to give an update on my SP run. Now that I have a ton of pierce was looking for something to put points in and noticed the slayer synergies bonus. It gives a 1% multiplicative bonus so now I max slayer and only a couple of points in elemental wisdom now that my pierce is nice. Scosgen and Fauntz on full farm (decent speed) and all 125s down except Nym as I dont have a trophy for it yet.

- Elemental Wisdom: 8 (for duration) (170 pierce is cap for most bosses)
- Spark of Hope: 8 (for duration)
- Mastery, Specialization, Purity: 10/4 Points
- Divine Apparition: 1 Point
- Blessed Life: 5 Points gives me full Physical resist
- Superbeast: 1 Point
- Mind Flay: MAX
- Slayer: MAX
- Confluence: 1 Point
- Symphony of Destruction: 1 Point
- Stormblood: MAX
- Tainted Blood: till SF Cap
- Acumen: 1 Point

Just as a thumb for damage getting comfortable having the tooltip above 10k Lighting damage has been when Scosgen got easier - now sitting at 11k with lots of ramping yet.

Having a lot of fun hope this helps!

Also curious about your build, and what gear setup you're using at the moment?
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Mournbringer wrote:Hey Team unholy casters. Wanted to give an update on my SP run. Now that I have a ton of pierce was looking for something to put points in and noticed the slayer synergies bonus. It gives a 1% multiplicative bonus so now I max slayer and only a couple of points in elemental wisdom now that my pierce is nice.

Does that Slayer bonus apply to Mind Flay as well? Doesn't seem worth it if it's only on Slayer.

Even maxed Slayer is a lot slower to kill than MF.
Mournbringer
Prowler
19 | 2
Captcha wrote:
Mournbringer wrote:Hey Team unholy casters. Wanted to give an update on my SP run. Now that I have a ton of pierce was looking for something to put points in and noticed the slayer synergies bonus. It gives a 1% multiplicative bonus so now I max slayer and only a couple of points in elemental wisdom now that my pierce is nice.

Does that Slayer bonus apply to Mind Flay as well? Doesn't seem worth it if it's only on Slayer.

Even maxed Slayer is a lot slower to kill than MF.

Yes it does; slayer is just a buff really to stand in
Mournbringer
Prowler
19 | 2
fellupahill wrote:
Mournbringer wrote:Hey Team unholy casters. Wanted to give an update on my SP run. Now that I have a ton of pierce was looking for something to put points in and noticed the slayer synergies bonus. It gives a 1% multiplicative bonus so now I max slayer and only a couple of points in elemental wisdom now that my pierce is nice. Scosgen and Fauntz on full farm (decent speed) and all 125s down except Nym as I dont have a trophy for it yet.

- Elemental Wisdom: 8 (for duration) (170 pierce is cap for most bosses)
- Spark of Hope: 8 (for duration)
- Mastery, Specialization, Purity: 10/4 Points
- Divine Apparition: 1 Point
- Blessed Life: 5 Points gives me full Physical resist
- Superbeast: 1 Point
- Mind Flay: MAX
- Slayer: MAX
- Confluence: 1 Point
- Symphony of Destruction: 1 Point
- Stormblood: MAX
- Tainted Blood: till SF Cap
- Acumen: 1 Point

Just as a thumb for damage getting comfortable having the tooltip above 10k Lighting damage has been when Scosgen got easier - now sitting at 11k with lots of ramping yet.

Having a lot of fun hope this helps!

Also curious about your build, and what gear setup you're using at the moment?

Most of the stuff that is recommended in the end game guide. Using what I can since I'm in SP. trying to get another full setup to focus less on SF on more LSD/PMSD
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Mournbringer wrote:Most of the stuff that is recommended in the end game guide. Using what I can since I'm in SP. trying to get another full setup to focus less on SF on more LSD/PMSD

Thanks for clarifying.

I'm wondering if that stuff is still BiS - didn't they move the skills around a bit (Slayer used to be magic dmg, now pure lightning and MF was... just light before 2.0? Can't remember).
jaquiow
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Is this guide up to date? I couldn't find some of the skills mentioned in any of the skill trees.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
jaquiow wrote:Is this guide up to date? I couldn't find some of the skills mentioned in any of the skill trees.

It is not. Some of it still applies, but if you never played this character you will be lost, cause so many things have changed.
The guide is pre 2.0.
jaquiow
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
It seems to be decent, i levelled pretty fast until i got to Hell difficulty. One can experiment only so much thanks to limited respeccing but with some of the previous posters tossing in their own builds and getting hit on the head by Akara I think it's a good farmer at least. I'll have to see about ubers and stuff.
gmcarper
Destroyer
7 | 0
How many points should I be allocating in each skill? Loving this build so far.
Fululf
Gravedigger
196 | 11
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
gmcarper wrote:How many points should I be allocating in each skill? Loving this build so far.

If u go to the first page of the thread u can see the Skills for early/mid/late game. If u press "Expand" under each section there is a screenshot of his skill tree.
Edit: Sorry, just realized the thread wasn't updated for most recent patch. :/
Haven't played UHM since rework either, so I cant help u I'm afraid. Hopefully some1 else knows!