The MedianXL 2017 v1.3 SP Miniguides Compilation

Uncanny--
Prowler
17 | 1
Hey all,

How do the following builds seem in terms of being viable for sigma as a first character?

15. 1.3. Queen Of Pain - elemental melee sorceress
20. 1.3. Lanaya - Twin Fang assassin
43. 1.3. Xena - melee sorceress
47. 1.3. Storm - Thundercrack StormZon

In other words, does anything in the patch notes indicate that any of those builds will be significantly less effective compared to other builds?

Thanks!
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
i know it's still a bit early to jump to conclusions since we only seen the patch notes and we didn't get to see the gearing options/updates , but just based on what info we got until now here's what i think about my builds :

1. Road Warrior Hawk - will be replaced - most probably with another type of barb using some of the new oskills , or with a melee neutraldin
2. Barbadin - no important changes here .
3. Athelstan - he now gets his own tree as neutraldin - will be the first on my updates list - seams that it will be a bit stronger than before , not that he wasn't strong enough already
4. Kitana - no important changes here . Shuriken Flury will now deal twice the damage for half the shurikens . same thing overall
5 . Rollo - no important changes here
6. Lagertha - Ricochet is almost the same , the seek range increase is most probably there only to make up for the resolution increase
- it will most probably use just Paragon all the way since the new remade Enfilade will probably deal enough poison damage to forget about switching to Curare in end game
-The Fire elementals are stronger too , so overall the javazon got a minor boost
7. Kwentrith - Scorpion Blade was quite overpowered and is now nerfed . Still , the nerf is not that important , she should still kick ass even so. Even if we count the nerf to increased poison skill duration
8. Floki - it now gets more damage from Gladiator's Dominance , but for the price of 1% less block chance , so he will need more dexterity now to get max block . no important changes
9. Crystal Maiden - it got a small boost for Frigid Sphere , no important changes besides that. It may require some gear rework since now the crafts are kind of screwed in what regards the double MO-ing bonus being gone
10. The Seer - Pestilence got an unnnecessary nerf , it was good , but not overpowered .
- It will get reworked now as the reanimates are no longer part of his meatshield
11. Rooftrelen - unless the Aegipan RW got screwed , it remains the same overall , no important changes
12 . Sagittarius - the minions are now a bit stronger , besides that it remains the same . no important changes
13. Traxex - gains more damage from dragonlore , remains the same overall . no important changes. Why so much hype about bowzons ? i see no reason
14. Lucky Strike - Both ATMG and Arrow swarm oskills got boosted , other than that , no important changes
15. Queen of pain - the Moonstrike damage boost got nerfed , let's just hope the gearing options will make up for that . other than that , no important changes
16. Reanimatrix - Arcane torrent got boosted , but the reanimates are no longer the meatshield . must be reworked in order to have better chances of survival
17. Hulk - the acid fiends got a bit boosted , other than that no important changes
18. Maximus - Retaliate got a bit boosted , but the build gains less damage from Dragonheart - it's almost the same overall . no other important changes
19. Merlin - the acid fiends and the plague avatar got a bit boosted , no important changes besides that
20. Lanaya - no important changes . we can just hope for more optimized gearing options (a fixed set - claw+shield - since dual wielding is no longer a thing ? )
21. Earthshaker - Carnage got nerfed, Pestilence got nerfed , the build got nerfed overall . it wasn't necessary imo . we can just hope that the gearing parts will make up for those nerfs
22. The Magician - no important changes . The increased aoe for Apocalypse is just to make up for the increased resolution, it was already hitting more than half the screen. I see no reason to hype for Apocalypse , it doesn't do anything new or better.
- the minions now follow you - it's no big deal , just that you need to focus less on keeping an eye on them just to make sure they don't fade away . i don't know where is all this hype on the summon barb coming from , you just use Spirit walk less often , nothing more
23. Saruman - Mind Flay and Slayer got boosted , so the build got a bit boosted overall . no other important changes
24. Mortred - now that the Batstrike got fixed after so many years , this build will be great again . i can't wait to update it (might be the second one on my list after the neutraldins)
25. Zohan - will be replaced . i don't know with what , but he will be replaced .
26. Die Hard - gains 1% less ctb from Gladiator's Dominance -> will require a bit more dexterity for max block . Hopefuly the new gearing options will make up for that . other than that , no important changes
27. Gandalf - no important changes , just that the crafts got screwed . Hopefuly the new gearing options will make up for that
28. Hestia - i hope the blood tree got the boost it was needing in order to update this build . Just by looking on the patch notes , the boost is not enough , it still looks crapy . i don't understand all this Bloodzon Hype - Hopefuly the new gearing options will make up for that .
29. Vesta - the Magic Missiles got a minor boost , but the crafts got screwed . overall i'd say it's the same
30. Volva - Pentagram got reworked , i hope it's still worth using . At the first look , it seams like the build got murdered - i believe that it was considered to be a threat to the regular bloodzons as it was dealing better damage , so in order to bring the regular bloodzons back into the light , it was decided to "silence" the Volva . Shame. Really. A build is fixed by murdering the competition?
31. Alleria - Arrow swarms deals more weapon damage , but it gains less damage boost from Moonstrike - looks to be the same overall . No important changes
32 . The Sloth - the lazy Neutraldin - it now has it's own skill tree - the build is boosted - it's on the priority updates list
33 . The Jumping Jack - Pestilence got nerfed , the crafts seam to be murdered , hopefuly the new gearing options will make up for that . if not , he will be either reworked or replaced with something else
34. The Troll'Sin - No important changes , will wait for the new gearing options
35. Ragnar - Besides the fact that the minions now follow you , no important changes . you will use less Spirit Walk , nothing more . No Hype here at all
36. Mileena - Noctule will deal more damage but will have less bats missiles . Same shit overall , no important changes . hopefuly she will have some interesting new gearing options
37. Tormund - No important changes . overall it remains the same
38. The Arsonist - Death shards now deals more damage for the cost of having less projectiles . Same shit overall , no important changes
39. Slark - No important changes . Hopefuly he will have more interesting gearing options
40 . Britney Spear - No important changes. The small boost to great hunt is not significant
41. Strongbow - No important changes
42. The Prophet - now this guy got a serious boost . the new reworked Cherubim oskill looks awesome , making this build a top priority on my updates list
43. Xena - the Moonstrike damage boost got nerfed , let's just hope the gearing options will make up for that . other than that , no important changes
44. The Bloodseeker - no important changes . The small boost to Storm crows is not significant
45. Poison Ivi - no important changes , but i guess that she will have more gearing options for triggering procs by kills done with spells , maby for early and mid game too
46. Minerva - no important changes
47. Storm - got a small boost , i wait to see some interesting gearing options
48. Meteora - no important changes
49. The Sandbox tree - got a bit nerfed , but it sure still kicks ass
50. Momiji - Hades gate got boosted aoe , not that it wasn't already great . now it's godly
51. Furion - the acid fiends got boosted , other than that , no important changes
52. Arthas - no important changes
53. Hotshot - Arrow Swarm got a minor boost , no other important changes here
54. Mind F-ing sorceress - will be either reworked or replaced
Edited by ChuckNoRis 5 years.
LeOsTyLe
Thunder Beetle
50 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks for the early update. I have an question and would hear your opinion to it. I asked aerial the same question.

I will definitely play when i reached midgame a deathgaze or another melee oriented barb build. I saw some people said in the forum they will start with a summneor barb and later respec into a melee barb. Do you think a summenor barb is in the playthrough superier to a deathgaze barb? I dont care about respec one time more. What you would suggest me? And when summenor is superier, are there some charms you highly recommand to do with summenor barb (beginner items) before i respec into deathgaze or another melee barb?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
My humble opinion is that the only nice thing about the new barbarian summoner is that the minions now follow. Meaning that you will use less spirit walk to keep them around. Besides that , i see nothing extraordinary, it's the same as before. Lower mana cost for summons , less mana regen from shamanic trance , same shit.

My recomandation is to stick to one build and not respec to something else. Either play as summoner from start to finish, or another build from start to finish. There is no reason why one should mix them or switch from one to another.

And no,i don't think the summoner is superior to other builds . They all work fine , it's just a matter of what you want or like to play

There are plenty of other builds that actualy got some nice boosts and reworks , i don't see any reason for hype for the barb summoner just because the minions now follow. They follow. So what ? It was hard to use a timerless spirit walk to have them near ? They now just work as intended , nothing more.
LeOsTyLe
Thunder Beetle
50 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thank you very much.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
LeOsTyLe wrote:Thank you very much.
you're welcome :)
Booty_Warrior
Stone Warrior
34 | 1
When are the patch notes going to be released?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Booty_Warrior wrote:When are the patch notes going to be released?
what exactly do you mean ? the changelog is available since 2 days ago . http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22645
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
the neutraldin seams nice so far. stay tooned for the updates :flip:

Perma-demiurge :twisted: both vessels :shock:
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
ChuckNoRis wrote:the neutraldin seams nice so far. stay tooned for the updates :flip:

Perma-demiurge :twisted: both vessels :shock:

Can't wait man! Thanks for all your work!