The MedianXL 2017 v1.3 SP Miniguides Compilation

luckyflamingo
Destroyer
6 | 0
Hello:

Still experimenting with different characters, I decided to try the Strongbow guide. I like him so far, as he has pretty fast clear speed. I have 150ish ias, 285 fhr, 50% life leech and almost 70% cb. I am currently running teganze to try and get xis runes to make better gear. My Cascade damage is roughly 4k with motw. I'm not running teganze as fast as I hoped, does anyone have any recommendations on how to increase my kill speed there? I'm using creepy craft with 240ish bow damage (I haven't rolled anything higher yet)

Thanks
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
luckyflamingo wrote:I haven't rolled anything higher yet
keep rolling then . it may spawn with up to +320 max damage , which is more than double than what you got now .

i know 320 is hard to get , along with a good roll for the rest of the stats , so anything above +200 max damage should be good enough .

good luck !
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
So I'm looking at Storm (Thundercrack Zon build) and I'm wondering why those scepter choices for endgame gear were chosen.. Aren't there much better options? Like Secret RW or Shark?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
because the high +max damage is not always the key . i'd always choose some proc instead and less max damage . Shark is already on switch , but just for the bloodlust boost ,as it is inferior to the damage you deal by using
Demhe (Xis)
- the physical damage is decent , but the plague avatar makes it great .
Legion
is also fun to play with , as those Phalanxes are covering a high aoe + it comes along with 1% increased CTB + extra points into balance - more defense . You can get ctc SoR after kill on the craft which deals serious damage and also debuffs the opponents (along the heavy boost to dexterity and some decent +max damage) .

so no , i don't want just + max damage . if however that pleases you , you may go for the secret rw as it adds the most of it , but i don't consider it as an option for me as it also has "slow target" modiffier which makes defensive harmony useless - the slow types overwrite eachother (i prefer to keep the benefits of DH)
emski69
Dark Huntress
12 | 6
Nice guides ! I hope they will stay relevant for the new expansion. :beg:
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
it's hard to believe that any of them will stay as they are now as both the gearing and the skill trees will suffer changes in the next patch . their main cores might not change very much , but most probably they will all need some updates , if not full re-work .
emski69
Dark Huntress
12 | 6
Thats where you and all the other veterans can help me and many other newbies. We will surely have to leech all the info we can get.
P.S I am literally sucking dry all the threads... so much info
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Well, important stats will probably stay important depending on the build. So as for itemization focus on:

-Physical resistance (currently DR)
-defense
-avoid
-block
-high amount or max resist

If you just focus on these you can play 80% of the builds. Everything else is high Dmg output achieved with:
- -Enemy resist
-spell damage
- deadly strike
- crushing blow
-high amount of AR

So yeah, just look at which items give you the best collection of those stats depending on your build and GG. We all will need to try out lots of things, but yeah those stats will most likely stay the core of nearly every build.
emski69
Dark Huntress
12 | 6
Awesome to know thanks.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
no. 3 Athelstan updates Hype !

i never thought that my 9 years old neutraldin will get to this point where it gets a dedicated special tree . such privilege will make it the first build i'll play and update in Sigma . :clap:

It's like watching one of your favourite sons getting married and starting a family - that hard work you did all those years to see it grow was not in vain. It's such a great feeling.

Here is where he was born : https://web.archive.org/web/20100729195 ... 8f55de4942